Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Take it FWIW because its Broaddus, but he was on some radio show yesterday and said he thinks the Cowboys might end up trading Looney and really prefer one of the younger guys win the starting C job.

The trade would surprise me, but one of the young guys being the starting C wouldn't at all. It's what I thought would happen all along. Looney is a quality depth player but he is not an every week starter, unlike what some of the retards in CZ want to believe.

I don’t mind one of the youngins starting at Center.

But I wouldn’t want to loose Looneys versatility as a back up considering he can play multiple positions

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Take it FWIW because its Broaddus, but he was on some radio show yesterday and said he thinks the Cowboys might end up trading Looney and really prefer one of the younger guys win the starting C job.

The trade would surprise me, but one of the young guys being the starting C wouldn't at all. It's what I thought would happen all along. is a quality depth player but he is not an every week starter, unlike what some of the retards in CZ want to believe.

what concerns me most about this O is that w/o Travis the sacks more than doubled

long run the youngsters have to step up, long run as in by game 4 or start scheming around issues
I think they can step up, if I'm right Biadasz will be the a huge plus in 2020
but, I don't want to see Looney traded, the only guy on the team who's seen extensive NFL starts at C

any OL guru's in the house? are McGovern and Williams the real thing? is Biadasz?

Last edited:

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You people are living in a dream world. We have significant holes at center, tight end, corner and safety, which will be our undoing. I will fight anyone who disagrees.
We are throwing bodies at Center and Cornerback. That doesn't guarantee success but competition usually draws out people's best.

I'm with you on TE and Safety. Jarwin is the new Jeff Heath; completely overrated by this Front Office and fan base. We only really added HaHa Clinton-Dix, who is now on his 4th team in 19 months. I'd bet the Zone sheep were super critical of the Redskins trading for him in 2018. Now they're acting like he's the answer? Xavier Woods at strong safety is a disaster. Donovan Wilson is an unknown. Moving Chido to Safety is an unknown.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You people are living in a dream world. We have significant holes at center, tight end, corner and safety, which will be our undoing. I will fight anyone who disagrees.
I think you forgot LG, which is far from settled IMO. The starter who was iffy at at best is coming off knee surgery and his backup Sua Filo is elsewhere.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
oh yes. Troy sings his praises to this very day. :facepalm

You do realize when Switzer was first hired, it was Troy that tried to play peacemaker for the whole team right? Aikman liked Switzer at OU and also appreciated him getting personally involved with Terry Donahie at UCLA when he decided to transfer.

Aikman didnt start hating Switzer until after he became HC here and ran the team like a buffoon.

But yeah, Switzer was a more qualified coach than Garrett was. He was an outstanding college HC at a major power, and was an exceptional recruiter. Garrett was a 100% nothing.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We are throwing bodies at Center and Cornerback. That doesn't guarantee success but competition usually draws out people's best.

I'm with you on TE and Safety. Jarwin is the new Jeff Heath; completely overrated by this Front Office and fan base. We only really added HaHa Clinton-Dix, who is now on his 4th team in 19 months. I'd bet the Zone sheep were super critical of the Redskins trading for him in 2018. Now they're acting like he's the answer? Xavier Woods at strong safety is a disaster. Donovan Wilson is an unknown. Moving Chido to Safety is an unknown.

I actually think Jarwin might be more than ok in this offense, especially now that the boneheaded coaching staff that gave Witten 80-90% of the snaps at TE is out of here. He definitely shows some skill as a receiving threat. With all the attention the WR's and Zeke are going to command, Jarwin is probably going to get into a lot of favorable coverage looks and he has shown he can get downfield and run after the catch.

I have to admit I am pretty excited about Donovan Wilson and what he might be able to do. There was absolutely no excuses for Richard/Marinell and Redtard not putting him the field more during the regular season after what he showed in TC and PS last year.

I agree with you on Woods as SS, to me his best role is what he did his first yr or two, as a nickel/dime back. Chido at either safety spot is an unknown as you said.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I actually think Jarwin might be more than ok in this offense, especially now that the boneheaded coaching staff that gave Witten 80-90% of the snaps at TE is out of here. He definitely shows some skill as a receiving threat. With all the attention the WR's and Zeke are going to command, Jarwin is probably going to get into a lot of favorable coverage looks and he has shown he can get downfield and run after the catch.
I think Jarwin will get absolutely exposed as a TE1. He can't block anyone. His best routes/plays were mainly when the Cowboys were in 12 personnel (1, RB, 2 TE, 2 WR) where he was literally the 5th option and drew the worst defender or exploited the soft spots (backside flats, curls, skinny posts) of Zone coverage, which is one of the strengths of that second TE.

We'll see.

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think Jarwin will get absolutely exposed as a TE1. He can't block anyone. His best routes/plays were mainly when the Cowboys were in 12 personnel (1, RB, 2 TE, 2 WR) where he was literally the 5th option and drew the worst defender or exploited the soft spots (backside flats, curls, skinny posts) of Zone coverage, which is one of the strengths of that second TE.

We'll see.

when your on the field as TE with Gallup, Cooper, Zeke, Lamb, … Pollard you'll often be a dump off, or more often the ball is designed to go his way but as 2nrd read, but 1st option (particularly in a WCO mind set) because he'll likely won't draw a top cover man

BTW, x = Lamb, Y = Gallup, Z = Copper. Yes all 3 can play all 3 spots, but wow … yeah Jarwin, Pollard, and even Zeke will see weak coverage relative to their play making ability :) and man covering Jarwin generally means no spy on Dak

don't under estimate the addition of Lamb, this is a real deal NFL ready starting X WR … since Dez went down no WR on this team has really stepped up at X. All due respect to Troy and Tony, they had Mike and TO / Dez, serious big play HOF type true prototype X WRs. Running basically the same timing O ... Dak had Dez for what 1.3 seasons?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
when your on the field as TE with Gallup, Cooper, Zeke, Lamb, … Pollard you'll often be a dump off, or more often the ball is designed to go his way but as 2nrd read, but 1st option (particularly in a WCO mind set) because he'll likely won't draw a top cover man

BTW, x = Lamb, Y = Gallup, Z = Copper. Yes all 3 can play all 3 spots, but wow … yeah Jarwin, Pollard, and even Zeke will see weak coverage relative to their play making ability :) and man covering Jarwin generally means no spy on Dak

don't under estimate the addition of Lamb, this is a real deal NFL ready starting X WR … since Dez went down no WR on this team has really stepped up at X. All due respect to Troy and Tony, they had Mike and TO / Dez, serious big play HOF type true prototype X WRs. Running basically the same timing O ... Dak had Dez for what 1.3 seasons?

in 11 personnel, which we will mainly be in, he will be the 5th option on passing routes but a lot of defensive calls and coverages are called to the TE side so he will still accounted for. I just don't think he's a legitimate every down TE or TE1 in the NFL. We are still a power run team with Zeke, so Jarwin is going to be asked to block a lot. Sure, we can run Blake Bell out there, but we might as well bring back Jason Garrett's predictable offense if we are going to announce our strategies like that.

As far as Lamb being the X, I think one of the big strengths of both Cooper and Lamb is their ability to play all 3 WR spots. Gallup isn't awful inside, but his skillset is best suited for an outside WR.

Personally, I'd play Gallup at X and wait for them to "nail" or "lick" him with 1-on-1 coverage and then attack vertically. We can win on those match-up's. I'd try to line up Lamb and Cooper on the same side and give defenses fits. Lamb on crossing routes (shallows, digs) is going to be a problem. Both are excellent route runners.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
in 11 personnel, which we will mainly be in, he will be the 5th option on passing routes but a lot of defensive calls and coverages are called to the TE side so he will still accounted for. I just don't think he's a legitimate every down TE or TE1 in the NFL. We are still a power run team with Zeke, so Jarwin is going to be asked to block a lot. Sure, we can run Blake Bell out there, but we might as well bring back Jason Garrett's predictable offense if we are going to announce our strategies like that.

As far as Lamb being the X, I think one of the big strengths of both Cooper and Lamb is their ability to play all 3 WR spots. Gallup isn't awful inside, but his skillset is best suited for an outside WR.

Personally, I'd play Gallup at X and wait for them to "nail" or "lick" him with 1-on-1 coverage and then attack vertically. We can win on those match-up's. I'd try to line up Lamb and Cooper on the same side and give defenses fits. Lamb on crossing routes (shallows, digs) is going to be a problem. Both are excellent route runners.

I could see a lot of plays where the entire defense is focused on stopping Zeke, Cooper, Lamb, and Gallup and Jarwin finds himself all alone streaking down the middle of the field. Can Dak or Dalton consistently hit a wide open TE streaking sown the field?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score

that defenses won't always know who's playing X until they see the QB's progression is a huge advantage

many will say I'm too high on Lamb - but IMO, from day one he's our best WR, hands, routes, play speed, intensity
and maybe our best player

I'd put Cooper and Gallup as at least top 20% of NFL WR talent, maybe top 10%, Lamb is top 5% at X / Y / Z

Top Bottom