Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well shit

So much for the football season. Time for the league to overreact and close down everything

I just saw that Zeke was one they tested positive

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

That should make for some interesting news slants if a number of the funeral attendees end up infected with COVID-19

I’d be curious to see how the different media news outlets report the story

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised if every team in the NFL doesn’t have a couple players that are infected.

At the end of the day the NFL will likely do something similar to the NBA. Let the player decide for himself if he wants to risk playing or not. They will likely have to sign some kind of waiver but it will be the players choice to play or sit. If Zeke doesn’t die within the next 2 weeks you will likely see a lot of players decide to take the risk and play. Hell you might see a lot of players purposely infect themselves just so they can get it over with, kind of like chicken pox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised if every team in the NFL doesn’t have a couple players that are infected.
Oh, at least. It's been what, six weeks since we've heard a peep about any professional athlete that tested positive? I guarandamntee they haven't all been sitting at hone playing Call of Duty the whole time. Other than possible signings there's been no reason for anyone to be tested any time recent. I'm sure we'll hear similar stories from most if not every team on the league within a week. The only thing surprising about this is that anyone is surprised.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well shit

So much for the football season. Time for the league to overreact and close down everything

I just saw that Zeke was one they tested positive

I think a lot of people will eventually catch Covid, just as 60 million Americans contracted H1N1. You can't adequately defend the entire country. I agree that the more we hear about players and coaches testing positive, it makes the season more and more unlikely.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If we start hearing about the miscellaneous player here and there coming down with COVID-19 then the season will certainty be delayed/modified/reduced/cancelled

They will have to go back to the idea of playing games with zero ppl in the stands.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They will have to go back to the idea of playing games with zero ppl in the stands.
I'll take it. The TV ratings will be high (minus what I think will be minimal boycott issues). There are no new TV shows/movies being made right now. People will be starving for entertainment at that point.

I've already made peace with the fact I'm probably not going to be able to attend the Week One Cowboys at Rams game as planned.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think Jarwin will get absolutely exposed as a TE1. He can't block anyone. His best routes/plays were mainly when the Cowboys were in 12 personnel (1, RB, 2 TE, 2 WR) where he was literally the 5th option and drew the worst defender or exploited the soft spots (backside flats, curls, skinny posts) of Zone coverage, which is one of the strengths of that second TE.

We'll see.

He's still likely to draw the worst defenders. In 3WR/1TE/1RB sets he will likely be the 5th guy teams pay attention to.

He can get downfield, has good hands and has legit RAC skill, that combined with above is why I think he will have a pretty decent year.

Not being able to block doesn't discount his ability as a legit threat in the passing game, especially when it's likely he won't get a lot of attention because of the other skill guys we have. That said, he does need to improve some of his blocking technique. if he can simply wall guys off and "get in the way" correctly, he can be a decent enough blocker. He is certainly big enough.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
There's a pretty good chance NFL of players staying symptom free due to their age and physical condition.
Some of the staffs not so much.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
32 of the 275 daily workers at the Saints Superdome have tested positive for COVID-19

Buh bye 2020 NFL season

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
He's still likely to draw the worst defenders. In 3WR/1TE/1RB sets he will likely be the 5th guy teams pay attention to.

He can get downfield, has good hands and has legit RAC skill, that combined with above is why I think he will have a pretty decent year.

Not being able to block doesn't discount his ability as a legit threat in the passing game, especially when it's likely he won't get a lot of attention because of the other skill guys we have. That said, he does need to improve some of his blocking technique. if he can simply wall guys off and "get in the way" correctly, he can be a decent enough blocker. He is certainly big enough.

That’s where I would expect McCarthy to make a big difference. In Red’s system if the TE can’t block he’s useless (even if he’s good as a receiving threat), unless of course you name is Jason Witten. Jarwin has a skill that can help the team, will MM exploit it instead of burning the guy on the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Wrong as usual David.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Wrong as usual David.

How is any of that wrong?

Other than you just don't like the take.

He certainly isnt going to be the focus of any defense's game plan, especially early in the season. He'll continue to draw favorable matchups or coverages.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
32 of the 275 daily workers at the Saints Superdome have tested positive for COVID-19

Buh bye 2020 NFL season

That part might not matter, they could potentially get around that by not having fans in the stands.

I still think football without fans on-site isn't the same, but there's so much money on the line I have to believe the NFL would go that route before giving up the season entirely.

The bigger issue is what contingencies does the league allow for teams to put in place to cover for players who test positive before a game. It would seem they'll have to agree to greatly expand rosters to account for multiple guys potentially being forced out on a week to week basis.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
How is any of that wrong?

Other than you just don't like the take.

He certainly isnt going to be the focus of any defense's game plan, especially early in the season. He'll continue to draw favorable matchups or coverages.
If you're the one saying it, it's a good chance it's wrong.

I'm just playing the odds sir.

Top Bottom