Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Which on its own, would not be a big deal. For Cowboy fans, it's just more of the same. Jerry meddling with the power structure of a football team and undermining the head coach. Nothing has changed since Jimmy left.

Jerry isn't going to suddenly stop meddling over the likes of Mike McCarthy. Bill Parcells had authority contractually obligated and Jerry still found a way to be disruptive (Terrell Owens).

The Cowboys won't be a true contender for championships until they change the culture.

It's hard to disagree with the point you're making....hell, I really can't disagree at all but you're pissing all over my positive vibes about MM. Truth be told, I don't think MM is a fool and he and Jerry knew Dak would hold out so the logical move was to keep Moore knowing that by the time Dak gets back, he'd never be able to learn a new offense.

I feel certain that MM will have a huge influence on the offense (thanks, Captain Obvious) but this is to keep Dak comfortable. I'd bet if Dak or this team shits the bed this year, he makes a change next season.

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Nice job cherry picking part of one season and ignoring the rest of his career. That said, on paper this Dallas team is vastly better than the team he had in Green Bay his last season.
on paper … yeah … maybe as good as MM's 2010 team

answer the question - will MM have more success with than Dak than he did with Rodgers?

look neither Dak nor MM have delivered that '71 or 92' type feeling so far, JG never did
I never felt JG he had the team, but they hustled and I respect that
at least MM seems to realize it take a D and STs, and that deserves applause
not sure if JG did, or if JJ did, hard to tell :) and the difference don't matter to the W/L

it's my ardent hope MM and company can do this - but point being all MM and Kellen have to do on O is drive the bus,
a bus that delivered 27 points a game last year and may be good for 30
but just like Tom and Jimmy or MM it ain't likely to be SB time without a top 5 defense

Maybe JJ has had a talk with a burning bush … McCoy and Poe are among the best FO moves made this century

There are people who swear Dak and JG wondered into their gigs and are the worst HC and QB ever
post like Dak needs the best players and OC and defense and STs to win a SB … so did Rodgers, Staubach, and Aikman
post like JG is a redhaired idiot for not winning a SB with Nick Hayden starting at D1 :(

not Bob Lilly, not Leon Lett / Chad Hennings … Hayden
not Cornell Green or Bill Bates or Darren Woodson … Jeff Heath
but folks will swear JG should have won it all, "they had the talent" … LOL

dude, Jimmy and Tom's SB teams had a better back up DL and DBs than JG ever had as starters
actually, Tom and Jimmy had HOF talent at more spots than not

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i just want the record to show that i was not making a point w my comments

i was only trying to make a gay sleepover joke

did not work as anticipated

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
i just want the record to show that i was not making a point w my comments

i was only trying to make a gay sleepover joke

did not work as anticipated

ROFL

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
McCarthy is a way better coach than Garrett was. He's not good enough to overcome Jerry.

I don't think he'll have to. IMO, all he has to do (for this season and next) is get some TOs and respectable STs.
they have good shot

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You're falling for it again David.

McCarthy was complimentary of the organization before they offered him a nice paycheck? Noooooo.

It was in that Peter King segment they did together before he ever got interviewed here. He wasnt complimenting the "organization" per se but he did single out Kellen Moore and some of his play calls/designs.

I posted the entire segment quite some time ago, not sure what thread it's in but it's out there for everyone to see.

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
he did single out Kellen Moore and some of his play calls/designs.

I'm sure MM has his eyes on the gig since he left GB … and he probably visited with Nolan about the possibilities
they are probably further down the road on gaming this than we are giving them credit for

the Boys jumped up the power rankings after the draft … it was obvious they understood and improved

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that the second the news broke that CeeDee Lamb switched his jersey number from #10 to #88 that ALL news about Dez coming back to the Cowboys just disappeared?

No more work out videos from Dez, no more once a Cowboy always a Cowboy talk, no more use me like you used to use Witten.

No more nuthin

Just radio silence from Dez

I guess it took the Cowboys giving his number away to finally get him to realize this career really is over

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score

did Dak really grade higher than Zeke in 2016?

BTW, in what I suspect will be a big play O … Pollard is a highlight film about to happen. There are very few people with that much play speed, who are tthat hard to get on the ground - Lamb may be another.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
did Dak really grade higher than Zeke in 2016?

BTW, in what I suspect will be a big play O … Pollard is a highlight film about to happen. There are very few people with that much play speed, who are that hard to get on the ground - Lamb may be another.

If the offense stays healthy it could be a real nightmare for teams to defend. Unlike red headed fucktard McCarthy won't be pumping the brakes on things that work. We'll be far better coming out of the gates and I strongly suspect in-game adjustments will be a real thing here now.

We've got a ton of weapons offensively. Need the LG and C spots to play at an acceptable level, and if they do we could easily score 30+ a week. With the receiving corp we have (even Jarwin at TE, who has shown he can make plays downfield and has legit RAC skill) there's almost no way a team can load the box to stuff the run game any longer.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
If the offense stays healthy it could be a real nightmare for teams to defend. Unlike red headed fucktard McCarthy won't be pumping the brakes on things that work. We'll be far better coming out of the gates and I strongly suspect in-game adjustments will be a real thing here now.

We've got a ton of weapons offensively. Need the LG and C spots to play at an acceptable level, and if they do we could easily score 30+ a week. With the receiving corp we have (even Jarwin at TE, who has shown he can make plays downfield and has legit RAC skill) there's almost no way a team can load the box to stuff the run game any longer.

I definitely would not expect McCarthy to be icing his own kickers either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We've got a ton of weapons offensively. Need the LG and C spots to play at an acceptable level, and if they do we could easily score 30+ a week.

that won't just be part of better playing calling on O or even a matter of good O and C play.
who knows we may have drafted the best C in the draft , maybe a day 1 starter :) with a R5 pick
that would solve so many issues up front - I hope the kid can lead

TOs and field position matter - the defense has to make plays, STs too, the more aggressive the schemes the better.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
No question in my mind this offense could be scary good.
Could.
A lot is going to ride on our QB and interior line play. I like Looney ok, but we're gonna miss Fred.
Just hope Dak shows us exactly why he deserves the big payday he's about to get.

Top Bottom