Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That’s what he should have said. That I agree with and understand. Paying Dak $40M per with this team is insane when you have a shot at the best QB in the draft. I guess the Cowboys should have also made Danny White the highest paid QB in NFL history instead of drafting Troy Aikman too huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're missing the most obvious difference. Jimmy was putting that team together. Saying that drafting Lawrence would turn out the same is saying Jerry can put a team together like Jimmy can, which we damn well know isn't happening.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
LOL. Dude I'm done. This is the worse defense in the league, but you can guarantee that isn't the issue. Ok. Wow. This is Zone stupidity.

Who the duck said defense isn’t the issue? Can you fucking read?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
You're missing the most obvious difference. Jimmy was putting that team together. Saying that drafting Lawrence would turn out the same is saying Jerry can put a team together like Jimmy can, which we damn well know isn't happening.

Is there a chance Lawrence doesn’t pan out? Sure there is. There is with Dak too, especially when you still have to rebuild the team either way. The only difference is you’re not locked into $40M a season with Trevor Lawrence.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If you haven’t given up on the season already...

When you see this, you KNOW your season is completely over

a60e13ee93601ae24207066147acb065.jpg

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
If you build a team, you trade down and get more picks.

Not when you have a QB that highly rated staring you in the face at the top of the 1st round. Especially when you haven’t been able to come to terms with your current QB, not to mention is coming of a very severe injury.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've never seen DE's that get fooled game, after game, after game, after game by the bootleg and can't contain the edge. I mean, I'm sitting on my couch and see it coming.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Not when you have a QB that highly rated staring you in the face at the top of the 1st round. Especially when you haven’t been able to come to terms with your current QB, not to mention is coming of a very severe injury.

I agree

I would much rather have Lawrence and the uncertainty that comes with a #1 draft pick and with his potential to be a great QB in the NFL, coupled with the cap space we will save for the next 5 years on his rookie deal which would give us the space to make moves, than I would Dak with his $40 mil per year cap crippling salary and his injury uncertainty

Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Or....

You could make the case you could get a large haul for a once in a generation talent (he's no DiNuchi, but still...) and build from there. I could really see both arguments. Either way, you have to execute on the back end which right now, is no guarantee.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Leaf was highly rated as well. A lot of QBs are highly rated and turn bust. How highly rated was Brady?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I agree

I would much rather have Lawrence and the uncertainty that comes with a #1 draft pick and with his potential to be a great QB in the NFL, coupled with the cap space we will save for the next 5 years on his rookie deal which would give us the space to make moves, than I would Dak with his $40 mil per year cap crippling salary and his injury uncertainty
And then in another 4 years, you'll be clamoring for another QB. You contradict yourself. You mention uncertainty with the rookie QB, but certainty with Dak's injury? Really? It was a freak injury.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Is there a chance Lawrence doesn’t pan out? Sure there is. There is with Dak too, especially when you still have to rebuild the team either way. The only difference is you’re not locked into $40M a season with Trevor Lawrence.

You're still missing the point. It's not about Lawrence, or about Dak. It's about that you're talking about a total rebuild with Jerry at the helm. If he was capable of building a team from scratch it would have already happened. If he was going to committ to drafting qualtiy defensive players he already would have. Those are the things that need to happen. If you go from Lawrence to Dak and keep all you're going to get is the exact same thing except with the pitfalls of a rookie qb's learning curve. The only thing that would accomplish is feeding Jerry's urge for headlines and tv time.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And then in another 4 years, you'll be clamoring for another QB. You contradict yourself. You mention uncertainty with the rookie QB, but certainty with Dak's injury? Really? It was a freak injury.

No

I actually didn’t contradict myself

I specifically mentioned both the uncertainty of a #1 pick AND Dak’s injury

Go back and read my comment again

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Gostkowski just blew it for the Titans to have a chance at overtime.

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm convinced Romo and Prescott at the LOS are the only offensive geniuses this team have had this century

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Who would have thought that losing Byron Jones and Jeff Heath would have taken our 6th (yes, they were ranked 6th overall, I just looked it up) ranked secondary in 2019 to last place in 2020.

Top Bottom