MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
You're still missing the point. It's not about Lawrence, or about Dak. It's about that you're talking about a total rebuild with Jerry at the helm. If he was capable of building a team from scratch it would have already happened. If he was going to committ to drafting qualtiy defensive players he already would have. Those are the things that need to happen. If you go from Lawrence to Dak and keep all you're going to get is the exact same thing except with the pitfalls of a rookie qb's learning curve. The only thing that would accomplish is feeding Jerry's urge for headlines and tv time.

I totally understand YOUR point. That’s not was he’s saying though. He actually thinks it’s just a better idea for the Cowboys to pay a huge chunk of their cap to Dak when they have holes all over this team. That just makes zero sense. If they have a shot at Lawrence you take it and use the cap space to help you rebuild the team (in addition to the rest of the draft picks).

We all understand that this is a moot point because Jerry won’t do that. He’s going to pay Dak and this team will suck for the foreseeable future. They will be cap strapped and will likely take a safety around pick 15.

We were talking about what would be best for the team. I prefer going the thought of a young elite QB on with tons of cap space vs just blowing your cap on a QB coming off a major injury like Lazurus would prefer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Gallop and Lamb with 2 big goose eggs today

We had 114 passing yards. Almost all of them to Cooper (80) and Shultz (22)

Zeke with 45 yards and another game where we didn’t even break 100 yards rushing as a team

And another game where our defense gave up over 200 yards rushing

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Interesting

In the immediate aftermath of Bostic’s hit on Dalton it didn’t seem like any Cowboys players got in the former’s face about it. Head coach Mike McCarthy was asked about this after the game and noted that this wasn’t “the response you would expect.”

It looks like MM is calling out his players for none of them protecting Dalton and going after Bostic after the hit

Jerseycowboysfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Just a conversation piece:

everybody has their niche....

Wade Phillips- awful head coach better as a DC
Steve spagnuolo- awful head coach better as a DC
Dan Quinn - awful head coach better as a DC
ETC ETC ETC

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Interesting

In the immediate aftermath of Bostic’s hit on Dalton it didn’t seem like any Cowboys players got in the former’s face about it. Head coach Mike McCarthy was asked about this after the game and noted that this wasn’t “the response you would expect.”

It looks like MM is calling out his players for none of them protecting Dalton and going after Bostic after the hit

They have no heart. The trade deadline is Nov 3rd. I wonder if they will trade anyone?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Just a conversation piece:

everybody has their niche....

Wade Phillips- awful head coach better as a DC
Steve spagnuolo- awful head coach better as a DC
Dan Quinn - awful head coach better as a DC
ETC ETC ETC

Jerry Jones - awful GM better at getting drunk

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Neither are we.

We are going to be starting our 5th different OT this year and there's a chance Z Martin doesnt play. Their front 7 is probably going to have a field day against us.

I won't be surprised at all if we get shutout or fail to score a TD.
Well you got one right lol

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Let me just say this loud and proud

I hope we lose today! And I hope it’s a disgusting and embarrassing loss too!
Well congratulations b/c you got that and a whole lot more...

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
You people are sickly stupid. It's even pointless to debate. Bringing Lawrence is going to fix this...? Please explain how.
May not fix it but we are looking at 2-14 straight in the face and a once in a generation QB can help...having said that I agree look at Burrow...kid is getting killed behind that O line

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
No. You don't take him. Dak is the known quality. Dak is their guy. Period. Moreso now with Dalton. If Lawrence is in reach, you trade down and get more picks.

People called Ryan Leaf a generational player.

You trust this lame brain trust to build a team around anybody?
Now I will agree with you there...this FO inspires less than zero confidence to do anything right

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
You'd think some of these OL issues would be wrinkled out during the week. I mean, guys are just coming in untouched. I'm starting to change my tune about coaching. This is not what I expected and I thought I'd see some aggressive play on both sides of the ball. If you bring in an offensive minded coach, the offense should be somewhat crisp (understanding the injuries). I know where banged up but coaching should be able to at least overcome some of it.

I really think we'll have a shot at the top pick the way we're playing.

Decisions....decisions......
Dodger we are staring 2-14 right in the face and lets be honest what other team have you seen right now that looks worse than us...fuck even the Jets with Darnold looked inspired Sunday
If we get 1, Lawrence and it is and we move on...this will be 1 of those situations you don't overthink (like our coaching staff seems to be be doing repetitively all year long)

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
You're missing the most obvious difference. Jimmy was putting that team together. Saying that drafting Lawrence would turn out the same is saying Jerry can put a team together like Jimmy can, which we damn well know isn't happening.
Point taken but not sure you can pass up a guy like Lawrence if available and we sure know those fuckheads won't
I fully agree that QB is not the major issue and agree that no player is a lock (see comment on Leaf) but do we want to revisit this conversation when we do pass on Lawrence and then get draft pick and we fuck them up!!!!
As far as this FO is concerned give them what amounts to as close as s sure thing and Lawrence looks like it

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
They have no heart. The trade deadline is Nov 3rd. I wonder if they will trade anyone?

Jerry and Stephen for nothing....all takers welcome

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It wouldn’t surprise me if they signed ET

the concern before and by other teams is that he’s a locker room cancer

Well shit, this entire team is cancer!

He ain’t hurtin shit in this locker room.

Top Bottom