Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just spoke to my buddy who is in really shitty health, who was just diagnosed as type 2 Diabetic, who only has 50% kidney function, who is about 100lbs overweight and who got the J&J jab a month or so ago is now laid up in bed sick as a dog and tested positive for Covid

With his shitty health, it seriously would not surprise me if he dies

Well here is a little update

It looks like he’s gonna live. He’s turned the corner and starting to feel a little bit better. Still has a nasty cough, but that’s about it.

I forgot to mention, he also has COPD and Asthma. That was one of the reason I expected he would have a rougher time with COVID.

So it looks like even a person in pretty much the worse possible health at the time of contracting COVID can survive it with little more than a nasty cough and some sniffles

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Serious and critical cases of COVID in the US has reached the highest level since early February, when few people were vaccinated. It is at the same level it was November 2020 before the vaccines and the number of cases is increasing rapidly, between 5% and 10% per day.

Current statistics show 51% of the US population is FULLY vaccinated. That is about 168 million people. 37 million people have had COVID and recovered. So the question is, how in the world can we be having a spike in hospitalizations equal to pre-vaccine numbers if so many people are immune from vaccines and natural immunity if the vaccines really work?

I am not anti-vaccine, but I am anti-vaccine dishonesty. They told us the vaccines were 95% effective at preventing COVID infections. Now because of Delta they are saying the Pfizer vaccine is about 47% effective and the Moderna is about 82% effective. The story has changed to "the vaccines protect against serious progression of the virus symptoms. And yet look at the number of people in the hospitals. How can this be? One answer is vaccinated people are spreading the virus just like unvaccinated people. We now know this is true.

I know 3 people who were fully vaccinated who caught COVID recently. 2 of the 3 were seriously ill. Considering 40% of COVID positive people show no symptoms at all, how exactly were these 3 people protected by the vaccines they received?

I think both sides on this issue have gone overboard with some of the statements and conspiracies. All we want is honest facts and information, not the propaganda spread by the CDC, White House and corporate media.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
One answer is vaccinated people are spreading the virus just like unvaccinated people. We now know this is true.
As I was saying, wayyyy back. Of COURSE vaxxed people can still spread the virus, since the vaccine does not KILL the virus. It only, supposedly, keeps it from latching on to our cells and thereby multiplying.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just saw a stat today for Los Angeles County that showed there are 256 deaths per 100k of non vaxxed people and 66 deaths per 100k of non vaxxed people in the county

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I just saw a stat today for Los Angeles County that showed there are 256 deaths per 100k of non vaxxed people and 66 deaths per 100k of non vaxxed people in the county

I'm confused, is one of these scenarios supposed to be vaxxed (vs non vaxxed)?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This guy is refreshing with his no nonsense, apolitical way of speaking, guess thats why so many hate him which blows my mind

InternetKing

The Elite :-P
Reaction score
Fully vaccinated and has no symptoms - which is proof that you CAN carry and transmit the virus even if fully vaccinated. Which I've always said. Because the vaccine does not kill the virus!

So that vaccine is a failed product for covid then. Even tho vaccines getting approval in sept and employers will require it or be fired.

Sighs

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So that vaccine is a failed product for covid then.
No it's not. It does exactly what they designed it to do. It keeps the virus from latching on to our cells and multiplying. It attacks the spike protien the virus uses, to latch onto our cells.

It's our idiot GOVERNMENT saying it was a be all end all, that's caused the problems. They did not EXPLAIN the vaccine properly. Were even saying at one point, that vaccinated people can't spread the virus! Well of course they can, since the vaccine does not attack the virus itself! It only inhibits its ability to spread inside of us.

This is why by and large, vaccinated people getting covid don't wind up in the ICU.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
As I was saying, wayyyy back. Of COURSE vaxxed people can still spread the virus, since the vaccine does not KILL the virus. It only, supposedly, keeps it from latching on to our cells and thereby multiplying.

Yes, this is true. The mRNA vaccines supposedly teach your cells to produce antibodies that destroy the spike protein which prevents the virus from entering the cell nucleus where is replicates. The virus dies without ever reproducing enough to cause illness. But here is my problem with this theory. Let's say you are vaccinated and you go to Obama's birthday party where you strike up a conversation with a COVID infected person. He spits when he talks and showers you with virus particles. You inhale those particles. Your body immediately sends the antibodies produced after the vaccine doses to destroy the virus spikes preventing the virus from multiplying in your body.

So where did all those viruses come from in sufficient quantities to make you contagious and able to spread COVID to someone else? This would not be possible if the vaccines prevent the virus from multiplying. And infection requires a sufficient viral load. The only way an vaccinated person could spread the virus is if the virus is multiplying in his body and he is shedding enough virus to make someone else sick. If this is correct, then the vaccines do not work, at least not well enough to slow the spread. One possibility is the mRNA does not result in long lasting immunity - the cells forget what to do after a certain period. This must be why the CDC is considering boosters every 8 months, which wil have diminishing returns.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Your body immediately sends the antibodies
It's not immediate. That's the answer to your question. The virus itself isn't detected as an invader at all, and it's not until the incubation process has started that the system goes after the spike protein. And it's highly variable and individualized where when and if the entire process starts.

The vaccine should never have been called a vaccine because it's not one. It is a pre-emptive TREATMENT designed to keep one from getting chronically ill. Not designed to attack the virus itself.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The AP just announced that US Health officials are now officially recommending that ALL Americans get a 3rd Covid 19 booster 8 months after their last shot

And LA County just announced that any gathering of 10k or more people will require that everyone wear a mask regardless of your Vax status.

So now I’ll have to wear a mask when I see my Cowboys destroy the Chargers in week 2 and the Raiders destroy the Chargers on Monday night football.

The only reason I got the Vax was so I could go to these two games and so I wouldn’t have to fuck with wearing a mask while watching the games. Now I still have to wear a mask.

Too bad the recall of Gov. Newscum won’t be official in time for the new Gov to reverse the mask mandate before these games.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The Saints released a statement that says they will not allow anyone in the stadium who is not vaxxed or able to show proof of a negative test within 72 hours of game day and that they will NOT refund money for the tickets.

So if you are a season ticket holder and are taking the stance to not get vaxxed or tested then you are shit out of luck!

The Falcons just released two players that refused to get Vaxxed.

I don’t like where this shit is going

Top Bottom