yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
what happened to the claim that the Rona was going to disappear after the election?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
what happened to the claim that the Rona was going to disappear after the election?
The prediction was all the covid news was gonna suddenly turn all sunshine and rainbows hearts and flowers if Trump lost and it pretty much has. VACCINE now! Suddenly we're SAVED! As soon as inauguration day it'll start getting more positive and of course all the good news on it credited to virus killer Joe!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
fc9d0a519997739c7e730c998063e934.jpg

Garrett’s got da Rona!

Now if we can only get him to visit Jeruh

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
For example. It was only back in early October Kamala Harris told the world during a televised debate she wouldn't be taking the covid vaccine if Trump won. Now suddenly the media forgets that and instead the stories are all about how her and Joe are gonna get their shots asap. And they're reporting Trump won't be taking it any time soon, but neglecting to inform us it's doctor's orders, he's instructed to wait since he's already had the antibody treatment.

And so on.

We'll also see any post-inaguration woes be referred to as "inherited problems" including especially any bad news about covid.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The prediction was all the covid news was gonna suddenly turn all sunshine and rainbows hearts and flowers if Trump lost and it pretty much has. VACCINE now! Suddenly we're SAVED! As soon as inauguration day it'll start getting more positive and of course all the good news on it credited to virus killer Joe!

thats not the way I'm seeing it, nor how how I took the assertions that it would be a nonissue after the election. It still is, more than ever, people are still freaking out about daily infection numbers and deaths, want more lock downs, restrictions, etc

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
For example. It was only back in early October Kamala Harris told the world during a televised debate she wouldn't be taking the covid vaccine if Trump won. Now suddenly the media forgets that and instead the stories are all about how her and Joe are gonna get their shots asap. And they're reporting Trump won't be taking it any time soon, but neglecting to inform us it's doctor's orders, he's instructed to wait since he's already had the antibody treatment.

And so on.

We'll also see any post-inaguration woes be referred to as "inherited problems" including especially any bad news about covid.

thats a good point and probably how things will shake out when Biden/Harris take credit for the vaccine and its dissemination

Some folks said it would completely disappear after the election because its fake which I thought was ludicrous and still do

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Trump is still the sitting President

Things won’t change until Biden is inaugurated

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Trump is still the sitting President

Things won’t change until Biden is inaugurated

so what do you envision happening after he's sworn in?

All talk about Rona stops, all shut downs stop?

No more need for masks or safe distancing?

No more daily panic over infection numbers and deaths?

Everyone suddenly acts like it never existed?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I can only tell you what my own prediction was. No idea about others floated.

I've heard all extremes, not necessarily here, with some claiming rona is a fake and will disappear completely post election.

My take is its legit, been used for political purposes by both sides, isn't going away soon and we've probably mismanaged it by approaching it with too much fear (assuming the CDC's fatality numbers by age group are accurate) and not having the courage to isolate the most at risk while allowing the least at risk to continue to live and work in order to do minimal damage to the economy, peoples mental health and livlihoods

Seems to me this thing is always presented in the extreme by using some horrific case examples where someone died or barely made it out alive which makes it appear everyone who gets it has the same experience when it appears not to be the case at all. I keep hearing hospitals are at or above capacity but the reports seem vague with no on site verification or interviews so that makes me wonder if thats an accurate depiction of what's happening in hospitals.

Also, whatever happened to all the pop-up hospital beds I heard were being set up across the country to handle the overflow?

Did we take them down and if so, why?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I believe once Biden is crowned president that the talk will abruptly change from how Trump killed 300k US citizens because of his reckless handling of COVID and how the sky is falling because of Trumps handling of Covid to how Biden is saving thousands of lives each day because of his massive shutdowns and anything else he implements.

Even as the numbers remain the same or even get worse with Biden as the sitting president the narrative will be positive and how he is doing everything in his power to save lives and turn this COVID epidemic around.

Trump pushed to get the vaccine out before the end of the year. They all said he couldn’t do it and if he did that it wouldn’t be safe.

Once Biden is crowned the mass media will somehow find a way to give any positive movement to Biden and remove any kudos from Trump

I see CNN relaxing their hardcore death ticker and not focusing on it 24 hours a day

The narrative will swing from all the bad Trump did and how he made this pandemic worse with his choices to how Biden is making it better with his choices

Both Biden and Trump could say the same exact thing, enact the same exact policy, and they would shit on Trump and praise Biden for the same exact decision.

I believe the fear mongering that we are currently seeing with the mass media will start to slip away until the narrative becomes one of hope and joy and how Biden swooped in on his magic cape and saved the free world from that Evil Trump

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
thats not the way I'm seeing it, nor how how I took the assertions that it would be a nonissue after the election. It still is, more than ever, people are still freaking out about daily infection numbers and deaths, want more lock downs, restrictions, etc

To date, I don't know a single person who has died or even been hospitalized with this.

And at this CURRENT time, I don't KNOW a single person that has it.

What Dooms has been saying is absolutely going to be true. Other than rainbows and unicorns, you won't hear a peep about this from the MSM after the inauguration of the Fake President and Hoover Mouth VP.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

They'll want the masks, because its part of the agenda.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I have a question for everyone

How many of you plan to get the vaccine when it becomes readily available?

And if you don’t plan on getting it, why not?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I have a question for everyone

How many of you plan to get the vaccine when it becomes readily available?

And if you don’t plan on getting it, why not?

I figure I'm far enough down on the list that if its still being given and side effects haven't occurred on a massive level that it will be safe and prudent to get it, so yes

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I figure I'm far enough down on the list that if its still being given and side effects haven't occurred on a massive level that it will be safe and prudent to get it, so yes
I ain't never even been tested much less needed to be. I'll be a straggler too, there's at least 50 times more cows around me than there are humans per square mile, I don't go to town much if at all in fact I've always avoided it, I just don't see myself in danger or at risk at all. Let the old folks homes, hospitals the schools and the universities, and hell even the sports teams get theirs before I'm even in consideration. RFDs ain't got the problem to any great degree.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I plan on getting it eventually just because I live in a county with 39 million idiots and they have proven that they can’t be trusted to keep themselves safe, let alone be concerned with keeping anyone else safe

But I am in zero rush to go get it. The closest COVID has come in my life is my wife’s niece, husband, and 1 of her 3 kids tested positive. She had no signs, the kid had no signs, and her husband said it felt like a regular chest cold for a day or two then it was gone. They live over 100 miles away and never visit anyway. So it never really came close to us as far as family is concerned. But I do know a number of ppl have tested positive in my city and some have died. Not sure how many, and don’t really care.

I suppose I’ll get the vaccine after it dies down a bit and when it’s convenient for me.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
By the way this "vaccine" from all I've read and seen, isn't really a vaccine in the normal sense. It doesn't kill the virus and it doesn't help you build antibodies to the virus. Instead it gives us an antagonist to the protein it uses to attach to our cells causing the infection and allowing the virus to multiply. We were able to isolate this protien and this is why the "vaccine" was able to be developed so quickly - it's not really a vaccine. It's more of just a straight medication.

So you can still carry the virus and spread it, but it won't be able to make you sick. Then via herd immunity, eventually we all as a population will build antibodies against it, from having it inside our bodies and surviving - not from a vaccine killing it.

Be clear - they're not trying to attack it in the normal way. They're simply making us unable to get the infectious disease it causes. Which is fine, but the deal is they will keep the masks and restrictions in place until we've reached something closer to herd immunity. Because this isn't a vaccine. It's not a cure. It's a preventative medicine. Be ready for it when they start saying "no, we still need the masks and social distancing" because this is why.

Right now they're fudging on this point, saying they don't know if someone inoculated can still spread the virus - likely because they fear resistance to taking the med - but from all I have read there is no doubt they can. This "vaccine" does not prevent you from getting the virus inside your body or spreading it. It simply keeps the virus from making us sick or killing us.

Top Bottom