LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jordan PhillipsDallas Cowboys (12-4)

COLLEGE: OklahomaClass: SophHT: 6-5WT: 334POS: DT

Analysis: The Dallas defensive line held up reasonably well this season with merely OK talent, but a lot of that had to do with how much the efficient offense was able to keep it off the field and fresh. The unit isn't going to simply get better unless it adds more talent. Phillips is still pretty raw, but he's got tremendous upside. At 6-foot-6, when you see him run you can barely fathom that he's carrying more than 330 pounds. Put a kid like this under the tutelage of Rod Marinelli and you could end up with something truly special. Dallas needs to prioritize defense in this draft after getting the offense where it needs to be, and Phillips is a reasonable upside play.

Certainly intrigued by his size, but seeing his film in the TCU game... underwhelming.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If they didn't hire an agent they have till Monday I think to change their mind. The final list comes out Monday sometime.

» Nelson Agholor, WR, USC (story)
» Jay Ajayi, RB, Boise State (story)
» Kwon Alexander, LB, LSU (story)
» Javorius "Buck" Allen, RB, USC (story)
» Arik Armstead, DL, Oregon (story)
» Deion Barnes, DE, Penn State (story)
» Malcom Brown, DT, Texas (story)
» Alex Carter, CB, Stanford (story)
» B.J. Catalon, RB, TCU (story)
» Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn (story)
» Tevin Coleman, RB, Indiana (story)
» Jalen Collins, CB, LSU (story)
» Landon Collins, S, Alabama (story)
» Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama (story)
» Xavier Cooper, DT, Washington State (story)
» Christian Covington, DT, Rice (story)
» Ronald Darby, CB, Florida State (story)
» Mike Davis, RB, South Carolina (story)
» Stefon Diggs, WR, Maryland (story)
» Lorenzo Doss, CB, Tulane (story)
» Mario Edwards Jr., DE, Florida State (story)
» Durell Eskridge, FS, Syracuse (story)
» George Farmer, WR, USC (story)
» Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami (story)
» Dante Fowler Jr., DE, Florida (story)
» Devin Funchess, WR/TE, Michigan (story)
» Jacoby Glenn, CB, UCF (story)
» Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida State (story)
» Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin (story)
» Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma (story)
» Deontay Greenberry, WR, Houston (story)
» Randy Gregory, DE, Nebraska (story)
» Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia (story)
» Chris Hackett, S, TCU (story)
» Eli Harold, DE, Virginia (story)
» Chris Harper, WR, California (story)
» Dee Hart, RB, Colorado State (story)
» Braylon Heard, RB, Kentucky (story)
» Gerod Holliman, S, Louisville (story)
» D.J. Humphries, OT, Florida (story)
» Brett Hundley, QB UCLA (story)
» Danielle Hunter, DE, LSU (story)
» Jesse James, TE, Penn State (story)
» Duke Johnson, RB, Miami (story)
» Matt Jones, RB, Florida (story)
» Nigel King, WR, Kansas (story)
» Tyler Kroft, TE, Rutgers (story)
» Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon (story)
» Ellis McCarthy, DL, UCLA (story)
» Benardrick McKinney, LB, Mississippi State (story)
» Patrick Miller, OL, Auburn (story)
» Tyler Moore, G, Florida (story)
» Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford (story)
» Breshad Perriman, WR, Central Florida (story)
» Marcus Peters, CB, Washington (story)
» Jordan Phillips, DT, Oklahoma (story)
» Darius Philon, DT, Arkansas (story)
» Bradley Pinion, P, Clemson (story)
» Jeremiah Poutasi, OT, Utah (story)
» Josh Robinson, RB, Mississippi State (story)
» Shane Ray, DE, Missouri (story)
» Shaq Roland, WR, South Carolina (story)
» James Sample, S, Louisville (story)
» Jean Sifrin, TE, Massachusetts (story)
» Donovan Smith, OT, Penn State (story)
» Noah Spence, DE, Ohio State (story)
» Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State (story)
» Shaq Thompson, LB, Washington (story)
» Max Valles, DE, Virginia (story)
» Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan State (story)
» Leonard Williams, DL, USC (story)
» Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota (story)
» P.J. Williams, CB, Florida State (story)
» Trey Williams, RB, Texas A&M (story)
» Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State (story)
» T.J. Yeldon, RB, Alabama (story)

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Looks like I need to let go of my dream of landing Danny Shelton at the 27th pick.

The guys at the Senior Bowl (Mayock, Davis, etc.) were all acting like he's a top 10 lock.

Malcolm Brown it is.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I know but like we discuss every year when everyone claims players won't be available. Only 26 players can go before our pick, someone is going to be there

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Looks like I need to let go of my dream of landing Danny Shelton at the 27th pick.

The guys at the Senior Bowl (Mayock, Davis, etc.) were all acting like he's a top 10 lock.

Malcolm Brown it is.

No Longhorns. Kthxbai

Rusty Stevens

Spectator
Reaction score
Bob Stoops says Dorial Green-Beckham will enter 2015 draft
Jan
1/6/2015 12:54:59 PM
Share on email Share on print Share on twitter Share on facebook Share on myspace Share on stumbleupon Share on digg | More Sharing ServicesMore
Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops announced Tuesday during his end-of-the-season press conference that Dorial Green-Beckham will declare for the NFL Draft, Bryan Fischer of NFL.com reports.

A series of off-the-field incidents, including two marijuana-related arrests and a burglary investigation in which he was not charged but allegedly pushed a woman down some stairs, led to his dismissal from the Missouri football team. He was denied an NCAA waiver that would have allowed him to play right away with the Sooners and instead spent all of the 2014 season on the scout team.

"Hopefully this has helped him moved forward in a positive direction," Stoops said of Green-Beckham's time at Oklahoma. "He could have been a big piece going forward but obviously that didn't work out that way."

Green-Beckham's decision to declare for the draft is somewhat surprising to those that thought he would stick with the Sooners for the 2015 season to showcase his ability after an up-and-down career at Missouri. However, Stoops made several offensive staff changes this offseason, including letting go of wide receivers coach/co-offensive coordinator Jay Norvell, and that might have prompted Green-Beckham to leave the program for professional football earlier than expected

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/The

Where is DGB projected to go in the draft? Though I hope the Boys focus on improving the defense in the draft this year, I would be willing to use a second or third round pick on him. He is a special talent if he could get his head on straight and could really help open things up for Dez. I think Williams is ok, but I think DGB would give the Cowboys a 1-2 punch like a Julio Jones/Roddy White or Alshon Jeffery/Brandon Marshall.

Reaction score
Julio Jones/Roddy White & Alshon Jeffrey/Brandon Marshall are both on shitty teams.

Winning teams are loaded at position other than WR.

Rusty Stevens

Spectator
Reaction score
If Murray leaves (hopefully)... would you be against taking Gurley with our late first round selection?

I would be against taking Gurley in the 4-5 rounds. I think the Cowboys should go with a defensive player in the first, and Gurley's injury history is very concerning. Even without the injuries, Gurley reminds me of Trent Richardson. If for some reason the Cowboys go with a pick at RB in the draft, I feel Melvin Gordon would be a better option. I would actually wait until the 2016 draft, as Elliot from Ohio State reminds me a lot of Murray. Solid power, with good breakaway speed and a fluid running motion. Also a phenomenal blocker.

Reaction score
I'm no scout, nor do I pretend to be, but from all reports, Gurley has an incredible skill set.

Gordon is also another good back. I wouldn't shed a tear if he was our pick at 27.

Rusty Stevens

Spectator
Reaction score
Julio Jones/Roddy White & Alshon Jeffrey/Brandon Marshall are both on shitty teams.

Winning teams are loaded at position other than WR.

That's because those teams have awful offensive lines and worse defenses than ours. It wasn't that long ago that the Falcons nearly made the Super Bowl and as for the Bears, not only is their oline/d bad, Jay Cutler is just trash...

Like I said, I hope the Cowboys focus on defense, but I wouldn't be against taking a risk in the 2nd or 3rd on a talent like DGB.

Reaction score
I get what you're saying. But I just think with all the holes we have on defense, I'd rather stockpile talent at other positions than WR. I mean, Dez, Williams, and Beasley are a formidable trio. I'd be an advocate of getting Beasley a lot more involved than he currently is.

If you look at the two Super Bowl teams.... none of them have impressive #1s, let alone twos or threes.

Reaction score
WalterFootball's mock 2/4

27. Dallas Cowboys: Markus Golden, DE/OLB, Missouri
The Cowboys couldn't get any pressure on Colt McCoy in an embarrassing Monday night defeat. Eli Manning also had all the time he needed to find Odell Beckham. Mark Sanchez had a clean pocket on Thanksgiving. Aaron Rodgers had all the time he needed in the divisional round of the playoffs. That has to change. Several upgrades can be obtained on the defensive line.

60. Dallas Cowboys: Jaquiski Tartt, S, Samford
The Cowboys are still hurting in the secondary, and they could use an upgrade at both corner and safety

91. Dallas Cowboys: Gabe Wright, DT, Auburn
Dallas' defense was much better than anyone anticipated, but it was exposed during a stretch during the latter part of the season. There are still some weaknesses that need to be addressed - particularly in the interior of the defensive line, where Nick Hayden needs to be upgraded.

124. Dallas Cowboys: David Johnson, RB, Northern Iowa
It doesn't seem likely that DeMarco Murray will be back next year. The Cowboys will need to bring in a new running back to compete with Joseph Randle

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Not a Golden fan at all.

Tartt is intriguing, but he reminds me of a poor man's Kam Chancellor. We don't need another strong safety.

Wright is okay, doesn't wow me.

Johnson is solid, but again, no wow.

Overall, I'd be really disappointed with this draft. We would be taking a step backwards IMO.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
What do you guys think of DE Preston Smith out of Mississippi State? He'd be a nice rotation player for the Dline.

He sounds a lot like Tyrone Crawford.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
LSU DE Jermauria Rasco is interesting. Can't go wrong with an LSU Dlineman. He may have more of an impact than the raw pass-rushers. Rob Rang scores him the 6th-7th round range.

Top Bottom