dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Whose development do you think would suffer if Spencer were on the team next year?

I kind of like the idea of Spencer being available to take some snaps as the starters are resting.

Lawrence for a start. Whomever we might draft this year. We know Mincey will be here and he was far better than Spencer last yr.

Also very interested in seeing guys like Ben Gardner and Ken Boatright. Spencer here just takes away reps from those guys, who have some upside.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind bringing Spencer back on the cheap. Especially as insurance just in case Hardy doesn't work out for whatever reason.

Reaction score
@Edwerderespn: #Cowboys had early interest Matt Schaub but backup QB had enough options that he priced himself out with Dallas. Visit with #Ravens next

Reaction score
Lawrence for a start. Whomever we might draft this year. We know Mincey will be here and he was far better than Spencer last yr.

Also very interested in seeing guys like Ben Gardner and Ken Boatright. Spencer here just takes away reps from those guys, who have some upside.

All true. Not even sure that vaunted motor of Spencer's has any horsepower left.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind bringing Spencer back on the cheap. Especially as insurance just in case Hardy doesn't work out for whatever reason.

It's time to move on from Spencer. He's been a disappointment. Myself and others are not wrong to have expected more production from a guy playing opposite of Ware.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
It's unusual for teams to find a James Harrison ie cut multiple times by multiple teams breakout player.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score

OMG we can't take away reps from studs like Gardner and Boatright!

Spencer is just a turd who has overstayed his welcome. He needs to go away, he got his truckload of Jerry cash, now take your creaky knees and just go.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Odds are they probably arnt studs, but we'll never know if they don't give them reps and play them as much as possible in preseason. Boatright looked pretty decent in his limited time last yr and I liked Gardner a lot coming out. At least both have upside, there is no upside to Spencer at this point.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
@Edwerderespn: #Cowboys have agreed to contract with MLB Rolando McLain on deal worth $3M base and another $1M in play-time incentives. #Pats also offered

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Fisher with more b/s today, claiming "its a Jerry move" to resign McClain

Of course he's been claiming all along they wouldn't keep him

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Spencer is just a turd who has overstayed his welcome. He needs to go away, he got his truckload of Jerry cash, now take your creaky knees and just go.

Yep, I wish we would just be done with Spencer. I don't see much in Boatright, but I would like to see what Gardner can do. He hasn't been healthy in 2 years but he was impressive as a junior. If he's our 8th or 9th D Linemen I think we're in a good spot.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
but I would like to see what Gardner can do. He hasn't been healthy in 2 years but he was impressive as a junior. If he's our 8th or 9th D Linemen I think we're in a good spot.

Thats kinda what I am hoping for, that he turns into a quality rotation guy.

Top Bottom