cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Not yet, but there's a few articles suggesting the Cowboys should sign him.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...ineman-the-cowboys-might-show-interest-in.ece

NFL News: Tony McDaniel Option For Cowboys In Free Agency? : US : Sports World Report

I think it's a no-brainer. If he can't come in and beat out Nick Hayden (which seems impossible), then you cut him. He's going to come in with a chip on his shoulder and will probably play lights out against the Seahawks. Orrrrr we just keep Hayden and let him get single-teamed by the other team's worst lineman.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Same here. We need to sign him ASAP. Hayden is a glaring weakness as a starter on our D.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Well, Golden Cock it is...

@Rand_Getlin: Source: DT Tony McDaniel has agreed to terms on a one-year deal with the #Bucs worth up to $2.5M.

Reaction score
The lack of aggressive searches to fill legitimate depth or starter roster needs still drives me crazy. There's almost this "stick with the family" mentality and so instead of continuing to seek improvement over a Hayden, Coleman, Wilcox, Church, Weeden, Vaughan, and Randle, there is this seemingly lazy rationalization that sticking with these mediocre players for a few years is better than upgrading. It would be one thing if there is some extreme trait like McFaddens speed, Escobars height, etc, but really none of these players have any upside and will only depreciate over time. Weeden and Vaughan are really hopeless and rather pathetic subs for Romo. Raise the bar!

Reaction score
@RapSheet: The #AZCardinals are hosting RB Chris Johnson for a physical and visit Sunday, source said (1st reported by @JayGlazer)

Reaction score
@AdamSchefter: Browns signed former Panthers second-round pick Everette Brown and former Giants first-round pick Aaron Ross.

Reaction score
@RapSheet: The #Bills signed free agent DL Red Bryant and RB Cierre Wood, addressing depth issues from injuries

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Not free agency related but I didn't want to start a new thread for this.

But damn. I had no idea Julius Peppers was still going strong. He's one of only 3 players to record at least 8 sacks, 3 INTs and 5 forced fumbles over the past 2 season.

Isn't he like 38 years old or something?

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Courtland Finnegan saying he'll come out of retirement to be a teams cb or safety..

Reaction score
@RapSheet: Source: Ex-#Bills RB Fred Jackson is flying to Seattle this morning to meet with #Seahawks. Both sides expect a deal gets done.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Really feels like Jerry is in love with Randle because he drafted him and last year boasted he'd do similar to Murray if he had a chance, and is head over heels for MackFadden for obvious WooPigSooie reasons.

At this point I'm not sure we'd pick up another rb no matter who it was.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah never mind that he did show pretty well last yr right?

Or that McFadden has looked good? Its that Jones/Arkansas connection isn't? You know, we've signed or drafted like every player ever from that school because of it.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Didn't McFadden get a whole four carries the other day? Which gives him four carries all preseason. Big sample size there.

And he looked pretty good running fast through a couple of huge holes, which we already knew he could do.

Again, we could have given these guys some real work behind our starting OL so we could try to learn something, but we were too afraid of injury to do that.

Top Bottom