dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Nice, those are supposed to be really good. I never liked Taylormade much as a brand but I tried some TP5s when they were on sale last year and they're great. Then I got a TM driver, might get a stand bag of theirs next. Gonna snap up a bunch of Lethals when they go on sale for the winter. TM makes good stuff.

Love the Lethal golf ball, VERY underrated I think and not everyone uses them.

My wife got me the new SLDR Driver for my b-day. I've hit it a few times and its pretty sweet. Cant wait till the irons get here.

Reaction score
Will Allen got the interception at the end of the Pitt game. Was that our Will Allen who made the clutch play, but is not good enough to beat out Jeff Heath?

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Will Allen got the interception at the end of the Pitt game. Was that our Will Allen who made the clutch play, but is not good enough to beat out Jeff Heath?

Yep.

Well. Ran. Organization.

Plus, also did you know that Jeff Heath is the next Charlie Waters/Bill Bates?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Sean Lee apparently not 100% out for this weekend.

Someone please tell me though what anybody could possibly see in Miles Austin to start him ahead of very promising rookie WR Terrance Williams? Who's actually been having a good year and makes big plays?

This is yet another of those WTF coaching staff/Jerry issues that no one can ever rationally defend or explain. Miles Austin shouldn't be on the field over any of the other 4 WR's right now, let alone be in the starting lineup instead of TW.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Someone please tell me though what anybody could possibly see in Miles Austin to start him ahead of very promising rookie WR Terrance Williams? Who's actually been having a good year and makes big plays?

This is yet another of those WTF coaching staff/Jerry issues that no one can ever rationally defend or explain. Miles Austin shouldn't be on the field over any of the other 4 WR's right now, let alone be in the starting lineup instead of TW.

If healthy and that's a huge IF, he's a weapon. He belongs on the field.

Reaction score
He basically quit after signing that contract.

He's protecting his brain from CTE and Jerry.

Reaction score
Yeah, ok

Come on. Let's run down the checklist of fully healthy Miles vs Terrance Williams. Maybe I have it wrong. Keep in mind that it can't be about potential, it has to be at least documented or proven.

Speed: Miles (not even close) 4.38 vs Williams 4.50
Hands: Miles (not even close) catches everywhere
YAC: Miles (1/3 of his 900 yards last year was after the catch)
High pointing: Miles (not even close- see Hands)
Knowledge of offense and rarely out of position: Miles
Strong enough body control to catch in traffic, wrestle ball away, punish defenders, and plank for a TD: not Williams.

Williams as a role player for certain need a tall player packages? Yes
Williams as a #2 WR in place of healthy Miles? Nope

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Austin was a fantastic player in 2008 and 2009, but since then he's been an enigma of sorts and he's been injured almost non stop for 3 years

I guess you apparently forgot that for a couple seasons Austin dropped a lot of passes too.

Top Bottom