Reaction score
I just listened to Garrett's press conference. To me, Garrett wasn't so much gushing about Waters, but recounting Waters' accomplishments (# of Pro Bowls, former NFL Man of the Year, made the Pro Bowl after showing up late in New England) and then noted that Waters hasn't played in 18 months and that "has to be factored in."

Waters has had an accomplished career and Garrett mentioned the accomplishments in a rather matter of fact sort of way. That's my take.

Reaction score
You also have to wonder if Waters heart is really in it.

I mean, figure the team got blindsided by this Moore retirement. It's a PR embarrassment too. Waters sat out last year. Do you risk signing him so he can decide to retire a week from now? Could you imagine the media firestorm?

Not saying Waters would... but the guy is old and seemed okay with not playing last season.

Right.

I gotta say that I was pleased when I first heard about the agreement with Moore, but it also sort of puzzled me, because I thought that out of Arkin, Bernadeau, Kowalski, and Livings ... at least one of them would be a serviceable starting guard (assuming that Leary was already penciled in as a starter, which I think is more or less true).

I take the decision to sign Moore as a vote of nearly no confidence in Arkin, Bernadeau, Kowalski, and Livings. (I do realize that there are other ways to interpret the decision to add Moore, but ....).

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The problem with Waters is he's an injury waiting to happen. That concerns me. I would've been thrilled to sign him a few years ago.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I don't know why the team would need to sign another OG.

They signed two last year and have Leary.

You don't mean to tell me that both the guys they pulled from the bargain bin were as bad as everyone else on earth knew they were.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
According to some tweets Garrett was gushing about Waters in his PC but added he hasn't played in 18 months.

didn't sound like gushing...sound like he admired the guy for a long and successful career...also sounded pretty concerned about him not having played in so long

I wouldn't mind bringing him in for a look, but I definitely think Moore would have had a lot more of a positive impact than Waters right now...as I recall, Waters looked pretty worn down and ragged out in the postseason two years ago. He was a really good player, but I'm not sure we could count on him much now

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Tim MacMahon @espn_macmahon

Biased scouting report on Brian Waters #GoMeanGreen “@mgrnpxp : @espn_macmahon looked in GREAT shape when I saw him 3 weeks ago.”

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Why did he sit out last year?

Besides his fecal responsibilities.................

Taken from Wiki

On September 4, 2011, Waters signed with the New England Patriots.[9] Waters, who started every game at right guard for the Patriots, was voted a starter for the Pro Bowl. After never having won a playoff game before the 2011 season, Waters played for the Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI. Prior to the start of the 2012 season, Waters refused to report to the New England Patriots. Waters said that if he were to play in the 2012 season that he wanted it to be for a team close to his family in Texas. The Patriots finally released Waters from his contract on April 30, 2013.[10]

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score

Taken from Wiki

On September 4, 2011, Waters signed with the New England Patriots.[9] Waters, who started every game at right guard for the Patriots, was voted a starter for the Pro Bowl. After never having won a playoff game before the 2011 season, Waters played for the Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI. Prior to the start of the 2012 season, Waters refused to report to the New England Patriots. Waters said that if he were to play in the 2012 season that he wanted it to be for a team close to his family in Texas. The Patriots finally released Waters from his contract on April 30, 2013.[10]

Great, the only two halfway decent guards out there are the greatest family men on Earth.

eww, I need to be close to my family, eww. Fuck these guys. I bet they let their wives watch whatever they want on Sundays too.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Taken from Wiki

Thanks

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Not sure what you're complaining about. Better late than never. Way better than anything we got now

Top Bottom