dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Someone will have to explain why this guy is available.

Didnt he just make a pro bowl recently?
I know that's not a way to measure his value, but he'd have to be halfway decent, right?

How old is this dude?

Yes, season before last I believe.

Reaction score
@fishsports
#Cowboys source tells me this am 'Brian Waters is back on our radar.' Waters, 36, 6-time Pro Bowler, NTexas native

‏@fishsports
Last nite, #cowboys told me Moore/Waters 'a wash' talent-wise. Moore retires. Waters investigation accelerates.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'll take waters! Wasn't sure Moore was any better anyways.

Yeah right. It won't be like we'll be getting a Brian "Rushing Flood" Waters, that carries away Dlinemen; With our luck... we'll get the Brian "The Dline Runs Through Him Like" Waters.

Reaction score
Waters' price tag increased with this morning's Jet crash, wouldn't you think?

I got to wonder what kind of shape Waters is in after sitting out a year. The man is 36 years old.

If Waters really is an upgrade and Jerry is willing to pay over two million for a single season -- Arkin, Livings, and Bernadeau are virtually hopeless. If he weren't injured, I'd say the same about Kowalski.

Reaction score
You also have to wonder if Waters heart is really in it.

I mean, figure the team got blindsided by this Moore retirement. It's a PR embarrassment too. Waters sat out last year. Do you risk signing him so he can decide to retire a week from now? Could you imagine the media firestorm?

Not saying Waters would... but the guy is old and seemed okay with not playing last season.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I went to bed last night thinking the line could maybe go from the worst in the league, to serviceable, maybe even good.

Now it's shit again. At best, maybe 3/5ths of the line is decent, that's a big maybe. Depending on two huge question marks.

Only the Cowboys.

Hope is now THE strategy again.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I was going to say that that was a nice play signing Moore. Wait out his contract demands to where he starts to get anxious once the season opener nears, that no one has signed him. But alas.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
According to some tweets Garrett was gushing about Waters in his PC but added he hasn't played in 18 months.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
According to some tweets Garrett was gushing about Waters in his PC but added he hasn't played in 18 months.

Thats the problem here... 36 years old and hasn't played in 18 months.

Not really sure Waters is the answer.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
If only there were options like a time period in March or a way to add talent in April where we could have addressed our needs?!?!?

Top Bottom