Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Jerry is arguably the most powerful owner in all of pro sports. That says a lot in a cesspool of greedy billionaires. He's a jealous, conniving asshole, but he's certainly not stupid.
Money can buy brains. Not brains in his head, but brains belonging to others, he pays for. And yeah, political power in pro sports.

I would love to see this mother fucker's Wonderlic score. He's dumber than a box of flat rocks.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I hosted it on the server for posterity. Click to fucking play. If you don't see the player, just go to the link and it should play in your browser.

John in Plano:

"The day I step down, is the day I don't have the football team."

:lol I love John in Plano :lol

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I hosted it on the server for posterity. Click to fucking play. If you don't see the player, just go to the link and it should play in your browser.

John in Plano:

"The day I step down, is the day I don't have the football team."

I can't get it to play
It's not a clickable link nor can I cut and paste it into a browser

I'm looking forward to hearing this much talked about sound bite too

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I can't get it to play
It's not a clickable link nor can I cut and paste it into a browser
Click ME

And if this doesn't make your blood boil you need to turn in your Human card, your Man card, your Dallas Cowboys fan card, your dick card, every fucking card you have.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The only way a coach succeeds in Dallas is if he is given full control of player acquisition and coaching decision

If you mean because jerri will never relinquish control of the GM job, then I'd agree to a point, I think thats too big of a job for one guy (except Belichick but he has a secret sidekick Ernie Adams most people have never heard of I suspect helps in this and many other ways).

I think a coach can be his best when working in concert with a talented GM who's sole focus is on winning and making the team the best it can be (not distracted by trying to rent out a stadium, run various other businesses etc, etc). Unfortunately that'll never happen in jerks lifetime so its a moot point

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He's just a stupid fucking hillbilly hayseed who bought a storied franchise and turned Jimmy loose with it, that is until the money and the Lombardis started rolling in. Then he decided he didn't need Jimmy any more.

And the team hasn't done jack shit since.

lol, so sad, I have to laugh to keep from crying or breaking things

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
God I hate this son of a bitch. He cannot possibly die soon enough or horribly enough.

I cant listen to that fucking phone call without flying into a rage, I want to physically harm that piece of shit when I hear his sorry ass running his dumb mouth.

I didn't even listen to it and look how riled up I am

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I cant listen to that fucking phone call without flying into a rage, I want to physically harm that piece of shit when I hear his sorry ass running his dumb mouth.

I didn't even listen to it and look how riled up I am
It just makes you want to break something.

Even worse, I was a Jerry Homer defending him for YEARS until I finally woke the fuck up.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It just makes you want to break something.

Even worse, I was a Jerry Homer defending him for YEARS until I finally woke the fuck up.

lol, oh man, if we only had forums back then so we could relive what you and others were writing.

Jerry was different back then, he knew he had to win and was committed to it, then Jimmy got too much credit for his liking and it all fell apart. The day they announced Jimmy was gone, I said to my buddy, this is the beginning of the end and of course SF came up and killed our chance at a 3-peat.

The next season when they won the GB game to go to the Super Bowl, I told my buddy we have to go to this Super Bowl because its the last one we will have a chance to see as long as jerri is alive and perhaps us as well. 20 fucking years and its played out exactly like it was obvious it would and worse because they've been a running joke for most of that time ..FUCK!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
lol, oh man, if we only had forums back then so we could relive what you and others were writing.
Dude i was like, "You gotta give jerry jones ALL the credit, he was smart enough to see how good Jimmy would be and smart enough to let Jimmy run the show! Then jimmy's ego got in the way so fuck HIM!"

Makes me sick i ever thought any of that.

Turning point for me was when I read Jimmy's book, the second edition that has the 93 season, and the aftermath added. I have the first edition of that book in my collection now too. That one ends with SB 27.

The book is a must read for all Cowboys fans.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
John in Plano is my hero!
Jerry back peddling
Did you like those the 3 Super Bowls?
John: you didn't coach those teams

Lmao

Classic Jerry
God I hate him

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Win is the name of the game - YouTube

He's apparently changed the name of the game to "stadium" since thats what he talked about when asked if he was embarrassed about how bad his team was playing.

gWUqndu.jpg

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Dude i was like, "You gotta give jerry jones ALL the credit, he was smart enough to see how good Jimmy would be and smart enough to let Jimmy run the show! Then jimmy's ego got in the way so fuck HIM!"

Makes me sick i ever thought any of that.

Turning point for me was when I read Jimmy's book, the second edition that has the 93 season, and the aftermath added. I have the first edition of that book in my collection now too. That one ends with SB 27.

The book is a must read for all Cowboys fans.

I was ambivalent toward jerri and had no problem with him firing Landry, I was arguing with everyone at the time because they had been calling for Landrys head for the last year+ and then it happened and they were pissed. I said you won't be pissed for long, Jimmy is gonna bring Dallas back and its gonna be great, I never dreamed it would turn out as great as it did.

Then Jerri fired Jimmy and my rage and hatred for him was ignited and its never died down. It was an obvious pointless ego decision by an insecure idiot and I hated him for it.

He used to run his mouth about how you can conquer the world when you don't care who gets credit and then he pulled that shit. I'm still pissed the team didn't get a chance to 3-peat with Jimmy being the coach, I believe he would have been the difference

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I was ambivalent toward jerri and had no problem with him firing Landry, I was arguing with everyone at the time because they had been calling for Landrys head for the last year+ and then it happened and they were pissed. I said you won't be pissed for long, Jimmy is gonna bring Dallas back and its gonna be great, I never dreamed it would turn out as great as it did.

Then Jerri fired Jimmy and my rage and hatred for him was ignited and its never died down. It was an obvious pointless ego decision by an insecure idiot and I hated him for it.

He used to run his mouth about how you can conquer the world when you don't care who gets credit and then he pulled that shit. I'm still pissed the team didn't get a chance to 3-peat with Jimmy being the coach, I believe he would have been the difference
Great video here, AFTER you get past Jimmy's mindless scripted Jerry worship there is a round table and a lot of stuff comes out:

1990's Dallas Cowboys Reunion - YouTube

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
John in Plano is my hero!
Jerry back peddling
Did you like those the 3 Super Bowls?
John: you didn't coach those teams

Lmao

Classic Jerry
God I hate him
Jerry: "You just want me to sit back, and write checks to a 'football man' ...where has that ever worked"

Me: "IT'S FUCKING WORKED FOR EVERY TEAM THAT'S EVER WON A SUPER BOWL INCLUDING YOUR THREE! That's all you fucking DID from '89-94 is write fucking checks with Jimmy telling you who to make them out to!"

I'm spitting nails right now. I gotta stop listening to that recording. His disdain for "football men" and for we fans too is SO obvious.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I fell ya man, I will not listen or watch any interviews he does, hearing his uh, uh, uh, rambling bullshit puts me in an instant bad mood

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think I'll pick Jimmy's book up
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445916061.982706.jpg
For a buck and change
For that price it will will be worth the read
Hell, this shipping will cost more than the book
LOL

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score