Reaction score
We should have beaten the Giants. The Eagles appear to be tougher than the Giants. And Tampa Bay... see New Orleans. I can see us very well getting swept by the NFC South. That alone should remove Garrett.
Yeah getting to 4-5 is going to take us getting some breaks we haven't gotten in the past 4 games. If we lose to Seattle, then we get Philly coming in here off a bye, looking to basically put us away for the division. If we're sitting at 2-6 going into the Tampa game, I would fold up shop. I might consider sitting Romo the rest of the season. We would basically have to go 7-1 over the last 8 with GB, CAR, an on-fire Miami team, the Jets defense is going to destroy us, etc. We may end up 4-12.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The Eagles appear to be tougher than the Giants.
I don't know about that. I know the Eagles beat them head to head, but overall, it looks to me like the Eagles are this close to imploding. With a couple of exceptions they've been really bad this year.

We may end up 4-12.
That would suck for this year, but it would put Garrett back to a very appropriate 8-8 for his career...

Reaction score
I guess I think we're not really going to lose out with Romo gone. I do think we lose to Seattle this week because they look like they're getting their wheels back on, but I think we very well can beat Philly and then should beat Tampa even without Tony. That would put us at 4-5 and then Romo is back to kick ass. Plus Dez will be back and we'll be healthy overall unless something else happens. No one talks about it but other than Tony and Dez we're extremely healthy, especially on defense.
Yeah, it isn't unrealistic to think this season can be salvaged. Things are going to seem hopeless after a 4 (and soon to be 5) game losing streak, but that will change if/when the team gets a couple of timely wins.

When Romo comes back, if he brings the team back with him ... it'll be memorable. It really could redefine Romo's career.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Fake Mortensen Twitter account said we were interested in Mallett.

I love how with Jerry we will be linked to every troubled player who ever comes available. Well deserved due to Alonzo Spellman, TO, Pacman, Hardy, etc.

Good, I hope we sign them all. Bring in Justin Blackmon and Josh Gordon next year too. Soon, Jason Garrett will be coaching (clapping) from one of those stripper cages in Jerry World for protection from all of the malcontents.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Man, I tried for years to find that call online and shove it up Hostile's ass... Bob and Dan play it every so often in their open. So glad we finally got it clipped.
I created that mp3 file from a link provided by I believe, cmd and uploaded it to the server on 9/9/14 just for the record.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It said it was revised to include the 93-94 season
it was printed in 94

Is that the most recent ?
Yep. In it, Jimmy deals honestly with the breakup with Jerruh. He gives himself at least half the blame, admitting he's always been a Gypsy and was looking for a way out the door anyway. Jerruh of course, provided it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If we're sitting at 2-6 going into the Tampa game, I would fold up shop. I might consider sitting Romo the rest of the season.
I'd definitely consider that too but you know they won't do that. They have to keep up the facade, and have to keep butts in the seats and swag sales coming in. And keep hope alive for the idiot Homers.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I would not be opposed to throwing K Moore to the wolves just to see what he's made of. Especially if Cassel looses another couple games. Just let Romo and Dez heal up for the year, take our lumps and secure a better future in the draft. Such as a Romo's replacement at QB, RB, and better back up WR

Last edited:

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I would not be opposed to throwing K Moore to the wolves just to see what he's made of. Especially if Cassel looses another couple games. Just let Romo and Dez heal up for the year, take our lumps and secure a better future in the draft. Such as a Romo's replacement at QB, RB, and better back up WR

Kellen Moore is to NFL quarterbacking what Jason Garrett is to NFL head coaching.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Kellen Moore is to NFL quarterbacking what Jason Garrett is to NFL head coaching.

I wouldn't know since he's never taken a single snap in the NFL

as far as I know.

But "if" he is what they are counting on to eventually replace Romo we better find out that he can play

Now while it doesn't matter and before we really need him

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He is not the "future" QB. He's a smart kid with a noodle arm. He was in Detroit for 3 years and is at best a practice squad/3rd QB.

He'll be a great coach one day.

Top Bottom