Reaction score
yimmyyammer said:
What happened here Mid?

:lol I wasn't sent into a "rage." I just didn't ease up on sdogo. Hostile kept telling me to via PM and I explained why I was, why it was fucked up to claim sources when you're always wrong. Hostile protected the guy. Fake sourced up guys look out for one another.

Here is a PM sdogo sent me at the zone on 4/20/2011.

sdogo said:
Originally Posted by sdogo
I talked to main go to guy today and was kind of taken back. He stated he would be "astonished" if the Cowboys took Smith at 9.

Not so much that they take Smith but that they stay at 9. He said Jerry has multiple offers on the table, two teams who wanted to pull the trigger before the draft even starts. One of which was the Texans, said he could not tell me the other but he said it was a team in the late teens.

He also stated the Cowboys have an tentative offer from a team in the early 20's (my guess would be Philadelphia). Said he does not believe Jerry would drop that far unless they blew him away.

I asked him straight up, if every team pulled the offer off the table would the Cowboys take Smith at 9 and he said at this moment he the odds are against it but you have to see how the draft unfolds. He said if the Cowboys were forced to use the 9th pick they would look to Cameron Jordan.

Also stated that he is starting to hear that a team with two second round picks is talking about trading up with Dallas and are late enough that the 2nd could be in play. He believes this is Jerry's MO all along hoping to either use that additional 2nd to get back into round 1 if a player slips. I did some research and the only teams with a 2nd that pick late enough to add up are NE at 17 & 28 and the Chargers at 18.

The Patriots idea peeked my interest. With two picks each in the first 3 rounds there has been a lot of information going around that they are looking to move up in the 1st.

As far as the next couple rounds, assuming things stay the same which sounds like a long shot it appears the Cowboys will target Rahim Moore, Aaron Williams or the top rated DE or OL that drops. If they trade down in the 2nd I can all but guarantee Kenrick Ellis will be the pick but not at 40.

In the 3rd, Ellis if he still on the board or Will Rackley.

I'll have a more complex narrowed down list based on possible scenario's either Tuesday or Wednesday. Still not sure if I'll post it or not. If I do it probably wont be on here.

Most people dont want to hear it but if the Cowboys wrangle an additional #2 you can best bet your *** if Dalton is on the board for one of them he will be the pick. I heard today from two people that the Cowboys draft board involves several scenario's where they position themselves for Dalton.

Just to toss out a few names that have not received much attention but the Cowboys really like are:

RB Stevan Ridley (would not surprise me if Dallas took him in the 4th or 5th round)

FB | Dial Preston | Alabama

WR | Ricardo Lockett | Fort Valley St

TE | Lee Smith | Marshall
TE | Stephen Skelton | Fordham

OT | Byron Stingley | Louisville

OG | Clint Boiling | Georgia
OG | Keith Williams | Nebraska

OC | Rodney Hudson | Florida St
OC | Jake Kirkpatrick | TCU

DE | Zane Parr | Virginia

OLB | Jonas Mouton | Michigan
OLB | Ross Homas | Ohio St

ILB | Alex Wujciak | Maryland

CB | DeMarcus Van Dyke | Miami(FL) (They LOVE this kid but he is going to go much higher then he should)

CB | Johnny Patrick | Louisville (Dallas loves his potential as a safety)

CB | Korey Lindsey | Souther Illinois

Those are just some names to ponder in addition to the released names we all seem to be talking about. If I had to bet I would say we are more likely to see these guys taken then the one's Dallas has put in the spot lite.

Read that. Re-read it. I mean... fuck, you have to try real real fucking hard to be THAT wrong about anything in life.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I wasn't sent into a "rage." I just didn't ease up on sdogo. Hostile kept telling me to via PM and I explained why I was, why it was fucked up to claim sources when you're always wrong. Hostile protected the guy. Fake sourced up guys look out for one another.

Here is a PM sdogo sent me at the zone on 4/20/2011.

Only name I recognize on that list is Steven Ridley, I suspect just about any list from 2011 would look pretty atrocious, its amazing how many players flame out

I guess I'm a sucker, I enjoyed reading SDogos stuff and he seemed like an ok guy but then, IIRC, he disappeared. Did he get busted for cat fishing or something?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He didn't get busted for anything, people just started to realize he had no special insight. I mean look at that wall of text Mid posted -- pretty much every single thing was wrong. I bet you could draw 16 names out of a hat and we'd draft one of them.

So he retreated to the safe space that is the Own. Just like Hostile.

Reaction score
52? But posts like he's 12. But I'm for sure, 54. Old enough to separate the bullshit from reality.

I had him at 12ish too. Posts like he's looking for a relationship. No evidence. No data. No facts. Just "13-3 guys. Give me attention."

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I believe we are better than other forums and their petty nonsense. So in a twist about the first rule of CowboysOwn is this. Let's not talk about The Zone, DCC, The Ranch, DCU, or any of the other sites either unless it is to talk about what they do that is good that we can use here. I don't care what they do wrong on their sites. I care what we can do right here. Does that make sense?

.....immediately follows with 70 pages talking about other websites.......

Hostile said:
Midswat doesn't want peace. He immediately recruits anyone at odds with the Zone and especially at odds with me. His best acolytes are superpunk, junk, Bob Sacamano, NoDakCowboy, Realtick, and Bach. Just behind them is bbgun, tupperware, Chocolate Lab and others.
Such bullshit that I am considered a Midswat acolyte. At least I'm not a second tier acolyte like bbgun or Chocolate Lab.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
.....immediately follows with 70 pages talking about other websites.......

Such bullshit that I am considered a Midswat acolyte. At least I'm not a second tier acolyte like bbgun or Chocolate Lab.

So strange, I've been a member of several boards for over tens years and if I had to recall 5 screen names to save my life, Im not sure I could do it.

It must be tough going through life while being so easily offended

Reaction score

I wasn't even sure who some of those guys who were my "acolytes" were. Not sure I ever came across Bach. And I always thought Chocolate Lab was a major douche.

Reaction score
IIRC he went all weird. Like lost his job and wanted to be paid for the admin stuff he did here. Left when he wasn't.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
All I know is I can't wait to see the reaction when this news hits. And LOL @ Fuzzy Blumpkins calling me a troll. I didn't know calling out Hostile on his lies was trolling.

cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score
All I know is I can't wait to see the reaction when this news hits. And LOL @ Fuzzy Blumpkins calling me a troll. I didn't know calling out Hostile on his lies was trolling.

What annoys me now about you and all this is Im actually rooting for you to be correct to rub it in their faces at the detriment to my favorite football team

Top Bottom