Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I've never been wrong on anything I've heard from my boy. Unlike Hostile, my life doesn't suck so bad I need validation from strangers on the interwebz, so I really don't care if anyone believes me, or not.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I've never been wrong on anything I've heard from my boy. Unlike Hostile, my life doesn't suck so bad I need validation from strangers on the interwebz, so I really don't care if anyone believes me, or not.

Lemme guess, you're just, "not that damn important"?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't doubt this at all. The news doesn't come out immediately.

Remember JJT had that cryptic comment that another defensive starter was about to be suspended for a drug fail a week or two before the Lawrence news officially broke.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
your buddy Hostile say his sources are denying this

your move....

LMAO, check this shit out:

acPVo8Y.jpg

Oh noes!

my comment above got me banned from Hostiles little cult

He's even more psychotic than I thought considering he's projecting on me something he's obviously doing himself (i.e. spying here) otherwise how would he know I made the incredible disclosure above?

GASP!

What are you guys going to do without all the revelations my phenomenal spying revealed? {Hey Hostile, since I know you're reading this and too dense to figure it out yourself, that was sarcasm}

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think it's funnier that he constantly thinks he's being spied on than it is that we actually have a spy there.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Spying? Does he know you don't tell us anything going on over there?

What he really got you for was the "Lol, good stuff" in #48. You dared laugh at the "Not that damn important" joke.

You don't make fun of The Hostile.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Wow. That site is run by mostly old men that act like little middle school ******s. Place rules, then ban people anyways without them breaking any rules. Spying? Wtf? You got banned for visiting a message board. That's it.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Spying? Does he know you don't tell us anything going on over there?

I know that, you know that, everyone here knows that but you cant reason with crazy. I gotta work on my spy skillz since I kept forgetting to reveal all the booty here from my spying efforts, Im surprised you guys didn't fire and ban me a long time ago.

I forgot, which one of you recruited me to be a spy?

What he really got you for was the "Lol, good stuff" in #48. You dared laugh at the "Not that damn important" joke.
You don't make fun of The Hostile.

lol, thats probably true, he's a sensitive little fella

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think it's funnier that he constantly thinks he's being spied on than it is that we actually have a spy there.

The man-child is paranoid as hell

He's hyper sensitive and scared to death of you guys, Dooms should put a sticky at the top of the forum where he can be pummeled daily. Call it:

Pin the tail on the donkey (aka Hostile)

The thought of you guys talking about him kills him, he's banned me before for thinking I was a spy for y'all and has PM'd me many times whining about his name being discussed here and begging me not to reveal his super secret source info. He also constantly chimed into posts I'd make there with butt hurt responses trying to provoke me into one of his stupid, pointless arguments plus constantly taking shots or making reference to this place like a bitter school girl jilted by her pimply faced boyfriend.

He PM'd me immediately after I made the comment above which is hilariously pathetic to be sitting around skimming other forums threads (or using his own "spy", lol).

~hilarious~

Gotta admit, I'm gonna miss the endless laughs that insular lunatic provided.

So what's the backstory with Hostile and the members of this forum? Who is he referring to? What happened?

cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score
So what's the backstory with Hostile and the members of this forum? Who is he referring to? What happened?

Hostile is online now Owner, President, & GM Hostile's Avatar
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Own, Our Own, Cowboys Own

Folks, I warn you now, this thread is long, it is slanted to my point of view, and it is all about full disclosure. Hopefully, that piques your interest. I want to talk about our goal here, why we built this place, and all of the curious little side stories in one place. If any part of this needs clarification, please PM me and I'll do my best. I ask for PMs rather than an open thread. This post is in sections, so if there is some part that intrigues you, and the rest doesn't, feel free to skip around.

CowboysOwn

Have you ever seen "Fight Club?"

"The first rule of Fight Club is don't talk about Fight Club."

I am sort of asking the same thing of you here. I don't see any reason why we need to let other fans know we are here. Mind you, this has already been done. At least a couple of people who were invited here did not like the site name, or a perceived disloyalty to The Zone, or whatever. Reality has known about this site for three weeks. Someone I invited, told him.

Now, before that makes anyone mad, don't let it. I never intended to keep this site, or the URL name, secret from him. He is my friend, and in fact I have told him he would be welcome here. I don't know if he will accept or not, it doesn't matter. We talked today for over an hour. There is no animosity between he and I. Never has been. Never will be.

Is he happy about the site name, or that I recruited good posters from his site? Not completely, but he is also not being vindictive. If he was, I'd have been banned three weeks ago. Had I told him immediately about this site I guarantee you he would have been very supportive. I didn't do that because in all honesty I was afraid I might lose a friend, and I did not want that. I have apologized to him personally for not telling him, and for recruiting through asking for e-mail addresses on his site.

Originally when looking for a URL name I wanted something about Cowboys History. My original intent was to create a blog about Cowboys History and post my articles, no forum was intended. While searching for a URL I liked I was eating a salad and I used some Newman's Own dressing. I was struck by how the S in Newman's and the word Own sounded a little like Zone. I looked up CowboysOwn, and it was available.

Now is where I eat a little crow. superpunk posted a scathing attack on me at The Zone. I reported it twice. A couple of other posters did too. It stayed. That hurt me. Is the URL vindictive on my part? It was meant to be funny. Yes, I was stinging a bit, but in my e-mails telling you about this place and inviting you here if it sounded good to you, I mentioned no ill will towards the Zone and my desire to keep this private. If I was vindictive in this I would have openly bragged about the URL. I like the name. I hope you do too. I hope you do feel like "Owners." I want that.

I am glad so many of you like this site. The first rule of CowboysOwn is don't talk about CowboysOwn. By that, I don't want to be a site that throws it in people's faces that we are private and they are on the outside trying to get in, and believe me, they are trying. I don't want to create animosity between this site and CowboysZone. I will never try and talk any of you out of posting there. I will never respect any of you less for posting there.

I hope that is clear. Three of the Moderators from that site are members here. I will probably invite others too. Great people. I never worked side by side with jobberone or justbob, but I know their character and I respect them a lot. I don't want them to feel they have to defend that site here.

I believe we are better than other forums and their petty nonsense. So in a twist about the first rule of CowboysOwn is this. Let's not talk about The Zone, DCC, The Ranch, DCU, or any of the other sites either unless it is to talk about what they do that is good that we can use here. I don't care what they do wrong on their sites. I care what we can do right here. Does that make sense?

So in the spirit of you have a right to know the truth I am going to open up about anything that I can, so you get an idea of what the real stories are. From my point of view. There are two sides to every story. I am not asking anyone to believe only me and my view.

DMN, Detox, and TC.net

Back when Emmitt Smith broke Walter Payton's rushing record I went online trying to find a Cowboys forum. I had to talk to my fellow Cowboys fans about this remarkable feat. I found the old forum on Dallas Morning News. That is where I met iceberg, cbz40, Duane, dbair1967, Jarv, and a lot of other really good guys. Iceberg had a smaller site that we called Detox, or the Back Room and I got invited there. It was there that I shared info I learned from Mike Lucky about a fall out Quincy Carter had with the receivers, particularly Joey Galloway.

It was the first time I ever shared inside information, it was directly from a player, and the story didn't break in the DFW media for another couple of months after a poster named Scott David wrote an article that caught the eye of JFE. Scott got some of the info from me, dug up more on his own and posted a story about the strange world of Quincy Carter. JFE got her scoop from him and wrote about Q's spiraling career.

Duane invited me to thecowboys.net, that was the previous name of CowboysZone. I created an account, but I didn't really post. For some reason the Mazevo software that powered that site would not accept my username Hostile. So I had to register as TooHostile. Then in 2003 I was an absolute shill for Terrell Suggs in the Draft. I was so fixated upon Terrell Suggs that I actually rode my motorcycle up to his Pro Day at Tempe just so I could give people on DMN a report on his 40 times, etc. Well, my report got posted on thecowboys.net by a poster. I forget who.

People started talking about it on TC.net and I logged in to share my takes. There was genuine interest in what I knew of Terrell Suggs, and I left DMN for good. Stupidly I also left the original "Detox" a little and I have always regretted that.

Back then TC.net had 2 mods, Dale and boozeman (Alexander on The Zone). I got to know those guys and sbk92 quite a bit in the chat rooms there. sbk92 is now Risen Star. boozeman asked me to join the Mod staff for TC.net and I actually said no. I only had about 800 posts on the forum at that time and some posters had a lot more. I felt they might have issues with it. I had no idea how right I was. Dale and boozeman talked me into it, and along with BrainPaint, I joined the staff.

If you've figured out anything about me yet, I hope it is that I am obsessed. I throw everything I have into things I am working on. I crave knowledge. I thirst for more info.

Three posters in particular took issue with my "ascension" to Mod. Their usernames were sbk92, Bob_Roberts, and EmmittZone22. He now goes by EZ22. These three posters is where the ill will towards me got started. I am not entirely sure why they decided they hated me so bad, but believe me I made mistakes.

Just before TC.net became The Zone I went on vacation to Cali with the wife and kids. While I was away all hell broke loose. EZ22 posted an image that was offensive, Reality removed his sig privileges with no explanation, and boozeman took issue with that because I guess he got yelled at over the heavy handed Modding. Stuff blew up. I've heard boozeman threatened to go out with a bang, and word got back to Reality, and he de-modded boozeman.

I have no idea what the real stories are. I just know I came back from Cali to a divided forum. The three guys named above and boozeman, along with Dallas, broke off from TC.net and launched a site called Dallas Cowboys Central, or DCC.

I was public enemy number one on DCC. Several posters who joined there adopted the attacks these guys launched. Among them was Midswat, also known as HoleInTheRoof. I had never met the guy. Didn't know him from Adam. Not long after this, The Zone was launched.

CowboysZone

There are strange people out there on the Internet. The stuff at DCC got weirder all the time. I won't bore you with details. But over the years several posters got banned from there and made their way to The Zone. One of these was Midswat, as I said, also going by HoleInTheRoof. He loved to PM me to talk about what a bunch of jerks the DCC guys were and laugh at them.

Midswat is the strangest cat I have ever encountered on the Internet. He decided that SDogo was a fraud and had no sources. He went after him. Not just on The Zone but on Dallas Cowboys Universe (DCU) as well. What's more he garnered support from some posters. SDogo got attacked relentlessly. It was wrong.
I stepped up and defended him. Let me make this absolutely clear. There is no such thing as an infallible source. If someone shares info with us and we post it, it is not gospel truth because there are 31 other teams out there that don't wait to see what the Cowboys are going to do.

My defending SDogo sent Midswat into a rage. That is the only way I can describe it. He ended up banned at The Zone, not by me, yet he blames it on me because I defended SDogo and I am the guy who told him to knock it off. He refused and got banned.
Suddenly, all of my sources are lies too. I don't have any, and he adopted all of the stories and attacks that had been going on for years at DCC. This drew Risen Star over to DCU after he left DCC. Suddenly they were pals again. Until recently when Midswat banned him and he showed back up as an active poster on The Zone as Risen Star.
He approached me back in February and asked if we could bury the hatchet. It was nearly 8 years and I have never wanted all of this ill will. So we ran a Mock Draft together and it was fine. As many of you have learned, he's a loose canon. I don't trust him, but I do respect him trying to make peace.

Midswat doesn't want peace. He immediately recruits anyone at odds with the Zone and especially at odds with me. His best acolytes are superpunk, junk, Bob Sacamano, NoDakCowboy, Realtick, and Bach. Just behind them is bbgun, tupperware, Chocolate Lab and others.

If you've been around The Zone for any number of years you've seen me go at it with those posters. I have no ill will towards them. It is not the same with them. Most of the guys on DCU who hate my guts I never banned. But that is the strength of this weird movement. It draws people who want to attack me.

They do it on their forums. They do it with passive aggressive means on The Zone, and they stalk me even on Facebook. Nothing is sacred to them. Nothing is off limits. They've made my life a living hell.
Stepping Down as Admin at The Zone

I can't stress this enough. There is no ill will on my part, or theirs. I did not step down because I was mad. I stepped down because I was tired of the drama, especially over me "hiding behind my Admin crown." I honestly thought if I stepped down and they couldn't hide behind that any more it would die down. I underestimated the idiocy.

They take credit for driving me away, especially superpunk. I will not lie, his return hastened me out the door. I just did not want to deal with having to moderate that guy. I had been at it for nearly 10 years. 10 years was enough.

Yet here I am, once again a power broker here. Contradicting myself?

I hope not.

Full Circle Back to CowboysOwn

This site is not a Homer Zone. I want to make that clear. If you don't like something that is going on with the Cowboys, speak up.

What this site is intended as however, is a No Drama Zone.

Forgive me my play on words for the forum names at The Zone. Point blank, that was my stomping grounds. That is where I got to know most of you. I love the Cowboys. I love talking about the Cowboys.

I don't like trashing them. I believe there is a difference between doing that and talking about what is wrong. I hate negativity. I don't see a purpose in it. I see excuses for it. I don't like it in any aspect of my life.

Read my last TOH thread. Did I praise the 13 penalties? Did I praise the OL? I believe you can discuss things you aren't happy with without tearing up the team, or each other.

When we first got you here you heard our main real rule here. Treat each other the way you want to be treated. I want to make this very clear, I believe you folks are mature enough to get along. I expect it.

Yes, I have a power hat again as the site owner here. I really don't ever want to have that be an issue here. I respect you. I believe in you. Whether it is mutual or not is irrelevant to me. All I am really asking of the membership here is to respect each other. I believe if we do that we won't have the drama.

These guys I've mentioned along with TwoDeep3 and some others love drama. They love passive aggressive attacks. I've got a big mouth and I fire back.

I'm asking you please, don't passively aggressively harass each other, and if you think I do it to you, or anyone else, PM me and point it out. Think of it folks, no drama.

I closed the other two threads that talked about The Zone. I am not going to open this one for discussion. I will eventually move it to the Technical Support area for anyone who is curious to reference.

Let's keep this place about our Dallas Cowboys. Let's keep this place Our Own.

I'm asking you, as my fellow Dallas Cowboys-aholics, let's not drag drama over here. I pledge to you I am not going to allow these divisive posters in here. I want to invite good posters.

I don't want to bash The Zone, their policies, their staff, their members or anything about that site. I know there is a need to vent a little, but please keep it minimal if you have to. As much as I love that site, they are not the Dallas Cowboys. That is our topic here.

Coinciding with that, I don't want to talk about DCC, DCU, or any of those posters here. As much as I despise those guys and the attacks they continue to launch at me, they are not the Dallas Cowboys either. That is our topic here.

Please don't taunt people about this place. Remember, "the first rule of fight club is you don't talk about fight club."

We're private. Yes, people are going to know about us because word got around. We talked about fight club, now they will. Let them. Jealousy only hurts them. It can't hurt us if we refuse to allow it.

There may be some ill will towards me if someone wants to come here and I say no. I'll shoulder that load. You can help me by not talking about this place out there. Can I ask that of you?

Last comment, I promise. I quit posting my History, Primers, and Touch of Hostility threads because of the passive aggressive attacks. I did post them on iceberg's "Detox II" which he took down so we can build this place. I did post them on a forum called the Saloon, also known as the "Wretched Hive." I do post them on the Facebook site for the Arizona Dallas Cowboys fanclub I belong to. But they belong here. I am sharing them with you. If you want to do similar threads I would be thrilled. I don't claim to know everything, but I have always been honest about what sources tell me, what I have learned, and what I have shared. At some point I may let you folks know who some of my sources are like I did Mike Lucky above.

I promise you, I will always be honest here. All I ask in return is you keep this place private and about the Dallas Cowboys. If anyone feels they can't do that, let me know and I will remove your account, no hard feelings ever.

Fair enough?

The title of this thread is our motto, authored by casmith07, who has become a great friend and ally. It says it all. This is our team more than it is Jerry's. This is your site more than it is mine. I am your partner. You are my partners. This is our brotherhood and sisterhood. Let's enjoy it.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Wow. That site is run by mostly old men that act like little middle school ******s. Place rules, then ban people anyways without them breaking any rules. Spying? Wtf? You got banned for visiting a message board. That's it.

he's known I've been here for years, I guess my comments in this thread broke the camels back

funny thing about the ban is I bet he is free to post here but won't because he's a control freak and can't handle being in a place where he cant control the discussion through threat of a ban or deletion. Plus you guys would rip him to shreds, man that would be fun to watch.

He's always struck me as the type to start some crazy cult and then eventually go all jonestown on himself and his followers so I consider it a blessing that his time and psychosis gets occupied by the internet where no one is actually harmed.

Reaction score
funny thing about the ban is I bet he is free to post here but won't because he's a control freak and can't handle being in a place where he cant control the discussion through threat of a ban or deletion. Plus you guys would rip him to shreds, man that would be fun to watch.
He's been free to post here for years, under whatever username he wants. He's been personally invited to create an account here. But you're right he would never do it for all these reasons. Basically, he's a blowhard without a backbone.

5countem5

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I take back anything I've said against anyone who has a beef with Hostile, if you've run afoul of him you are ok with me.

Top Bottom