Reaction score
I'm more concerned with the message it sends the rest of the team though. You cant have a guy that has this utter lack of commitment to the team and obvious extreme drug issues stick around. I think they'll get rid of him after the season.

We tried to keep Josh Brent after he killed a teammate getting drunk as shit and driving on a game day weekend night.

This team preaches RKG and gives all these superfluous definitions of what a RKG is, but then hangs on to substance abusers and other team cancers, proving Garretts RKG mantra is pure BS.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
If that's not proof enough, how about Jerry announcing that they're going to ride with Dak not more than 3 weeks after saying it's essentially Jason's prerogative.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What do you expect?

Jerry can never remember wtf he said the prior week due to all the Johnny Walker

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cowboys great Charles Haley says he tried to help troubled defensive end Randy Gregory, but not anymore.
In a Tuesday interview with 105.3 The Fan, Haley said "I'm done" with the second-year Cowboys after he heard that Gregory was telling other people that he wanted to fight the Hall of Famer.

"I come out there to help him, and he tells people he wants to fight me. So I'm done," Haley said.

Gregory has failed five drug tests since joining the Cowboys, resulting in 14 games worth of suspensions this year with a possible year ban hanging in the balance on his most recent failure.

Haley, who was known for his aggressive antics on and off the field -- and in recent years has gone public with his struggle with bipolar disorder -- said he tried to relate with Gregory, but his brand of help wasn't well-received.

"I'm a guy who's been through what he's been through," Haley said. "And I tried to tell the kid, 'OK you don't have to do this for long. Call me. You can come live with me.' But you know what? You're going to do A, B, and C [if you're living with me]. But he don't want to do it, so *** it.

"He's gotta take responsibility for his actions."

Haley said that it's no longer just about getting Gregory on the right path, it's about getting him to want to be on that path.

"You know what, you messed up once, OK," Haley said. "You mess up twice, you know you've got a problem. When you do it three and four times, man, how can you help him? He's got to want it himself."

He was also critical of the way he claims Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and the team's front office is addressing the issue.

"Jerry and them baby him by putting somebody in that house with him," Haley said. "They never made him be responsible for himself. Maybe the best thing for him is to be free. Because you know what? At the end of the day, at the end of the year, you know Jerry and them ain't going to keep him around, so I don't understand."

"How do you throw that kind of money away? There's got to be some deep-rooted problem with the kid," Haley said.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah saw that about Haley, Gregory is done here. They'll deal with it after the season.

Top Bottom