junk

UDFA
Reaction score
So in your opinion this wont help the worst are of the team, running the ball?

I think that 12 set with no full back and a big strong center is going to make a huge difference. Huge.

I hope we see some unbalanced looks with both tight ends on the same side and we run out if it. I also hope we bring back the toss out of the 12 set.

I think I've already stated why I don't think it will work. I'll state them again.

1. League history
2. Lack of ingenuity from the OC

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think I've already stated why I don't think it will work. I'll state them again.

1. League history
2. Lack of ingenuity from the OC

Won't help the running game, got it.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You want to improve the Run game, get real competition or replace Free, get at least one new Guard, and a change of pace back-up RB.

Still talented RB's available in the 4th round.
Franklin, Taylor, Lattimore, Ellington, Randle, Barner, etc.

Running out of time for quality OL.
Brian Schwenke, Barrett Jones, and Khaled Holmes all have starting experience at Guard. David Bakhtiari might make a decent Guard, Chris Faulk could be a for-the-future type pick. Alvin Bailey maybe?

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
The 9ers have been using the 2 TE offense for the past couple of years with Vernon Davis and Delani Walker and whoops, just drafted Vance McDonald in the 2nd to uprade from Walker.

2012 Niners: 11th in yards, 11th in scoring
2011 Niners: 26th in yards, 11th in scoring

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Seems to me free will be replaced, we will get another back tomorrow.

Guard is going to have to be managed from within I imagine.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
it's kind of hard to compare the 49ers offense to ours. They have a great O Line and running game. We throw the ball 50 times a game.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Won't help the running game, got it.

No, don't think it will create a prolific offense. If you want to improve the running game, wouldn't you get a TE who was a better blocker?

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Niners D forces a lot of turnovers doesn't it.

What does that have to do with the efficiency of a two TE offense? Oh, short field, not as much of a chance to gain yards.

Explain scoring then.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
You want to improve the Run game, get real competition or replace Free, get at least one new Guard, and a change of pace back-up RB.

Still talented RB's available in the 4th round.
Franklin, Taylor, Lattimore, Ellington, Randle, Barner, etc.

Running out of time for quality OL.
Brian Schwenke, Barrett Jones, and Khaled Holmes all have starting experience at Guard. David Bakhtiari might make a decent Guard, Chris Faulk could be a for-the-future type pick. Alvin Bailey maybe?

Jeff Baca
Earl Watford
Travis Bond
JC Tretter are some options too

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
No, don't think it will create a prolific offense. If you want to improve the running game, wouldn't you get a TE who was a better blocker?

Why can't Escobar be a good blocker? he is huge. Him next to Tyron smith is going to be a large mass of humanity with a physical powerful back running behind it in Murray.

Saying u just want a blocking tight end seems short sighted if u have a player like this available.

Ne, cincy, Philly, Dallas, Washington, sf all will have killer two tight end sets. For some reason it's not ok here.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What does that have to do with the efficiency of a two TE offense? Oh, short field, not as much of a chance to gain yards.

Explain scoring then.

Getting lots of turnovers enhances your ability to score points. We don't get many, and haven't for years. We are constantly at the bottom of the league in things like average starting field position.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Why can't Escobar be a good blocker? he is huge. Him next to Tyron smith is going to be a large mass of humanity with a physical powerful back running behind it in Murray.

Saying u just want a blocking tight end seems short sighted if u have a player like this available.

Ne, cincy, Philly, Dallas, Washington, sf all will have killer two tight end sets. For some reason it's not ok here.

I'm not saying I want a blocking TE. I don't want a TE at all in two.

You build a more prolific offense by investing those resources in other positions. Namely, OL and WR. History has shown this.

Everyone is suddenly spouting off about SF's apparently amazing 11th ranked offense. Guess what? They have a great OL, a stacked team and a slew of picks, so they can afford to throw a late 2 at another TE.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
junk, you should go Hostile style on Jim Harbaugh and write to him telling him to quit trying with the 2-TE offense.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score

Teams keep trying and it just doesn't work. Even NE had a more prolific offense when they weren't based around two TEs.

3 second round picks in 6 years on a team with major holes.

Like I said, on paper it sounds great, in practice, not so much.

Give me an offense other than NE where this has been prolific.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm not saying I want a blocking TE. I don't want a TE at all in two.

You build a more prolific offense by investing those resources in other positions. Namely, OL and WR. History has shown this.

Which we did, and 3 more rounds still left to go.

junk said:
Everyone is suddenly spouting off about SF's apparently amazing 11th ranked offense. Guess what? They have a great OL, a stacked team and a slew of picks, so they can afford to throw a late 2 at another TE.

And yet they still keep seeking out on this useless endeavor. Insane.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Teams keep trying and it just doesn't work. Even NE had a more prolific offense when they weren't based around two TEs.

3 second round picks in 6 years on a team with major holes.

Like I said, on paper it sounds great, in practice, not so much.

Give me an offense other than NE where this has been prolific.

Washington under Joe Gibbs for an eternity?

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
junk, you should go Hostile style on Jim Harbaugh and write to him telling him to quit trying with the 2-TE offense.

LOL

Bob, you guys really can't offer any sort of counter argument other than SF, who already has a deep team and a ton of picks, took a TE and that NE made it work after like a decade of trying.

That's it. That is really the extent of your argument. History does not support it.

Top Bottom