sbk92

Reaction score
I know it was Parcells fault for botching that snap wasn't it? Your forgetting Parcells took over a multiple 5-11 team.

When Wade took over he already had a decent team to coach. Thanks to Bill, mostly.

Then why did Wade fail so miserably last year? Hmmm? Then all of a sudden JG takes over and pretty much turned them around.

If Wade had finished the year, the Cowboys wouldn't of won another game, why? Because he's just not a good head coach. Wade is a good DC, not a head coach.

If you reverse the tenures and bring Wade in here in 2003, he's fired in two years and Bill has to take over the same mess but in 2005.

Reaction score
The great one knew he didn't have the QB yet and planned accordingly.

The following week, Rex Grossman ate that secondary alive.

Your 'argument' holds no water.

If he holds on to it, we win and suddenly the gameplan nonsense goes out the window.

If Parcells had balls, he would've gone for it on 4th and inches to try and ice the game.

As many times as his defenses blew games after taking the offenses walked off the field with the lead, you're ridiculous to assume the Cowboys would've held on to a 2 point lead, against an efficient Seattle offense and against one of the better field goal kickers in the league.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Romo was a trainwreck in that game. Didn't even have a full season of starting under his belt before his first playoff game. To ask him to do anything more than what he did was foolish. It's fan Monday morning quarterbacking.

The great one knew he didn't have the QB yet and planned accordingly. What he couldn't plan for was that same rattled QB to drop a a FG hold and hand the game to Seattle. If he holds on to it, we win and suddenly the gameplan nonsense goes out the window.

Yeah, 17 for 29 is a "train-wreck".

It was Romo that led this team to the playoffs, there isn't one person out there who thinks that Bledsoe could have done the same.

In the Seattle game, the offense averaged two yards less per pass attempt than it had for the season under Romo's watch.

The Cowboy offensive game plan was nothing more exotic than assuming the fetal position and wishing happy thoughts.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
As many times as his defenses blew games after taking the offenses walked off the field with the lead, you're ridiculous to assume the Cowboys would've held on to a 2 point lead, against an efficient Seattle offense and against one of the better field goal kickers in the league.

If the original DCC board was still up, you could go back and read SBK's posts concerning that game, and he clearly stated exactly what you just said, "That the defense wouldn't have held".

I thought the same. The Seahawks would have marched down the field and kicked the FG.

sbk92

Reaction score
Yeah, 17 for 29 is a "train-wreck".

It was Romo that led this team to the playoffs, there isn't one person out there who thinks that Bledsoe could have done the same.

In the Seattle game, the offense averaged two yards less per pass attempt than it had for the season under Romo's watch.

The Cowboy offensive game plan was nothing more exotic than assuming the fetal position and wishing happy thoughts.

17 for 29 in a very conservative gameplan. How many yards did he have?

Sorry. You won't convince me the right thing to do was ask a rattled Romo who can't even hold on to a FG hold to wing it up and down the field and win the game for the team.

That was the right gameplan made by a brilliant game day coach. I just wish he'd have tolerated Jerry's nonsense for a few more years and reap the rewards of his efforts.

But that's not his style. He'd rather move on and rebuild another. He's the Larry Brown of the NFL.

sbk92

Reaction score
If the original DCC board was still up, you could go back and read SBK's posts concerning that game, and he clearly stated exactly what you just said, "That the defense wouldn't have held".

I thought the same. The Seahawks would have marched down the field and kicked the FG.

I did say that. I also said I was done with Parcells after not going for it on 4th down. But these comments were in the heat of the moment after you just watched your season end.

Obviously I don't believe either to be true now. I mean, the defense might have allowed a score. But they might have held too. Nobody knows that. All I know is that Romo dropped the football and ruined all chances of winning the game.

But let's ask that player who can't even execute the most basic of football plays to win the game for us on the strength of his arm. That makes sense.

Parcells knows what he's doing. Had he stayed here, he'd have opened up the offense as Romo became a better player. You wouldn't have seen such restraints the next time they played a playoff game.

That's sour grapes from the fans. The same fan base who doesn't have the decency to show some appreciation for Bill giving us a contending team again.

Reaction score
17 for 29 in a very conservative gameplan. How many yards did he have?

Sorry. You won't convince me the right thing to do was ask a rattled Romo who can't even hold on to a FG hold to wing it up and down the field and win the game for the team.

That was the right gameplan made by a brilliant game day coach. I just wish he'd have tolerated Jerry's nonsense for a few more years and reap the rewards of his efforts.

But that's not his style. He'd rather move on and rebuild another. He's the Larry Brown of the NFL.

I did say that. I also said I was done with Parcells after not going for it on 4th down. But these comments were in the heat of the moment after you just watched your season end.

Obviously I don't believe either to be true now. I mean, the defense might have allowed a score. But they might have held too. Nobody knows that. All I know is that Romo dropped the football and ruined all chances of winning the game.

But let's ask that player who can't even execute the most basic of football plays to win the game for us on the strength of his arm. That makes sense.

Parcells knows what he's doing. Had he stayed here, he'd have opened up the offense as Romo became a better player. You wouldn't have seen such restraints the next time they played a playoff game.

That's sour grapes from the fans. The same fan base who doesn't have the decency to show some appreciation for Bill giving us a contending team again.

Greatest. Troll. Ever.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I know it was Parcells fault for botching that snap wasn't it? Your forgetting Parcells took over a multiple 5-11 team.

In a way it was. It shouldn't have came down to a botched snap. MichaelWinicki already explains it so no need for me to rehash it. Yeah he took a 5-11 team and they went 10-6 in his debut. The following year they went 6-10. Your point?

When Wade took over he already had a decent team to coach. Thanks to Bill, mostly.

Did they get decent in one offseason? Wade did better with Parcells' players. Period.

Then why did Wade fail so miserably last year? Hmmm? Then all of a sudden JG takes over and pretty much turned them around.

So Wade wasn't allowed to have a losing season? Why did Parcells fail miserably in 2004? Then in 2007 all of a sudden Wade takes over and the Cowboys win their division TWICE and win a playoff game.

If Wade had finished the year, the Cowboys wouldn't of won another game, why? Because he's just not a good head coach. Wade is a good DC, not a head coach.

And if Parcells had remained HC, we would never have won the division nor a playoff game. Parcells was a egotistical sabotuer. That game against the Redskins that we lost 14-13 which was the Triplets Ring of Honor ceremony was spoiled to that loss because Parcells wanted it to be all about him. He pretty much threw that game and was hoping he could bring them back and so he would be the hero. How else do you explain that Newman had shut down Moss, and then Gibbs moves Moss to the other side and Parcells allows Roy and Glenn to cover Moss and even after Moss scored the first TD, he still refused to put Newman back on Moss.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You proved your intelligence level with that comment.

None of these guys are stupid. They just say stupid things in defense of their team. dbair is no dummy. He just can't talk rational when the subject's the Dallas Cowboys.

But you on the other hand, you really are a window licker.

LOL. Bitch, you calling me stupid means the total opposite, but you're too stupid to realize it. Thank you for the compliment. Not even Giants' fans jack themselves off over Bill the way you do.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Romo was a trainwreck in that game. Didn't even have a full season of starting under his belt before his first playoff game. To ask him to do anything more than what he did was foolish. It's fan Monday morning quarterbacking.

The great one knew he didn't have the QB yet and planned accordingly. What he couldn't plan for was that same rattled QB to drop a a FG hold and hand the game to Seattle. If he holds on to it, we win and suddenly the gameplan nonsense goes out the window.

Spin, rinse, repeat. Because you are still full of shit. Pathetic excuse for not attacking a weakened second of the Seahawks.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
In terms of years as a Cowboy, I'd put Jimmy first, then Landry, then Parcells.

If it's overall coaching career, Parcells goes first, then Jimmy, then Landry. I can't put a guy who literally destroys his own team and turns it into the worst in the league before getting fired ahead of greats like Parcells and Jimmy. I don't care how many years he spent here or how influential he was back when the league was in it's infancy.

But I do consider all three truly great head coaches.

But your bitch ass wasn't saying that for the longest. You claimed that Parcells was the greatest Cowboys' HC ever.

C

Cr122

In a way it was. It shouldn't have came down to a botched snap. MichaelWinicki already explains it so no need for me to rehash it. Yeah he took a 5-11 team and they went 10-6 in his debut. The following year they went 6-10. Your point?

A FG would of won the game. lol Yeah, Parcells made Tony botch the snap.

Parcells had to work with what he had in the first year and they rallied behind him, then he was able to draft some of his guys the next year. We all know Rome wasn't built in a day.

Did they get decent in one offseason? Wade did better with Parcells' players. Period.

He did, how by not yelling at them and letting them not wear pads, being an undisciplined team, where did that get them in the long run?

So Wade wasn't allowed to have a losing season? Why did Parcells fail miserably in 2004? Then in 2007 all of a sudden Wade takes over and the Cowboys win their division TWICE and win a playoff game.

The players quit on him, all players play for their coach at first until things go wrong. It happened to both of them. Wade just had the better staff because of Bill. Bill didn't have a good team when he took over. It was clear Wade couldn't be a head coach in this league when it all mattered.

And if Parcells had remained HC, we would never have won the division nor a playoff game. Parcells was a egotistical sabotuer. That game against the Redskins that we lost 14-13 which was the Triplets Ring of Honor ceremony was spoiled to that loss because Parcells wanted it to be all about him. He pretty much threw that game and was hoping he could bring them back and so he would be the hero. How else do you explain that Newman had shut down Moss, and then Gibbs moves Moss to the other side and Parcells allows Roy and Glenn to cover Moss and even after Moss scored the first TD, he still refused to put Newman back on Moss.

You don't know that, I believe he would have. I guess Wade took over a team that was already primed to start winning again. Easier start for him.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Parcells was never watered down by the owner. Parcells ran the front office, made all the personnel decisions, hired and fired all the coaches and made all the game day decisions.

Parcells didn't make all the front office decisions. He didn't want TO yet TO still managed to make it onto his roster. You guys need to understand that Jerry is always involved, the manner in which he's involved in though happens to depend on who is the coach. If he respects them, like he did Parcells, then it's a give and take, but when he brings in a head coach like Wade just to run the defense, then he has a tendency to run roughshod over them. Same deal with Campo.

Last edited:

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
If he had his way, Kevin Williams would be a Cowboy.

And Williams is about three times the player Terence Newman has ever been.

Parcells wanted DeWayne Robertson at 4. Good thing the Jets took him ahead of us instead.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I thought Jimmy was solid in Miami. He just made the mistake of sticking with Marino. Then didn't stick around long enough to rebuild that offense for another run.

But he certainly didn't screw the pooch like Landry's final years in Dallas.

Jimmy also had a slew of horrible 1st round picks.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Yeah, but the players are the ones who have to execute the initial plays.

I will say this though, Bill was a conservative coach, he wasn't too much of a gambler when it came to play calling so I can see your point.

Bill was conservative here because he had to be, he's shown in the past that he can be a gambler when the situation calls for it, like back in '95 with Drew Bledsoe. He had Bledsoe slinging the ball all over the field. But in Dallas, just like sbk observed, Romo was careless, and it wasn't until after Parcells left that he started to be more careful with the football. You don't open up your offense when you have a QB with a propensity to make bad decisions and behind a bad offensive line when that same QB has a tendency to fumble the ball when hit because he doesn't protect it. Especially in the playoffs.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
If it was up to Parcells and we didn't have an additional 1st round pick, we would not have had Ware. That pick gets credited to Jones.

We would have drafted Ware if we had only 1 1st round pick in '05. One of the reasons Bill wanted Spears over Ware is because he thought he could get Ware later.

Last edited:

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Really? My understanding that it was Parcells that got rid of Emmitt not Jerry. Jerry cried over it. You're full of shit as usual. Carter would not have started here but instead Testaverde and Bledsoe would have. He had more success with Carter here than he had with the other two. And Parcells would not jump into the 3-4 in his first year.

Wrong. Emmitt was scheduled to make like 10 mil that year. It was a business decision made by Jerry.

Top Bottom