dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Terence Newman wouldn't have been drafted here either.

Newman was one of the better draft picks Parcells made here. I guess if Parcells had had his way, he'd have traded up for the great Dwayne Robertson.

sbk92

Reaction score
Dude, you are just wrong, again.

Parcells could have said he didnt want Zimmer here because he had no experience in the 3-4, a defense Parcells knew he'd eventually switch to. It was another dumb decision. Jones didnt "force" Zimmer on Parcells, he just wanted Parcells to talk to him before making a decision on him, and Parcells did that.

I'm not wrong about anything. They both talked about the concessions made. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what went on there. He didn't come here as the GM. And he didn't have the power of a GM.

sbk92

Reaction score
Newman was one of the better draft picks Parcells made here. I guess if Parcells had had his way, he'd have traded up for the great Dwayne Robertson.

If he had his way, Kevin Williams would be a Cowboy.

And Williams is about three times the player Terence Newman has ever been.

sbk92

Reaction score
Only an idiot homer wouldn't be appreciative of what he did here. He took over a perennial laughing stock doormat of a team and left it a contender again.

At an age when Tom Landry was led out to pasture. The washed up bum he truly was.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If he had his way, Kevin Williams would be a Cowboy.

And Williams is about three times the player Terence Newman has ever been.

Thats not true either, he wanted Dwayne Robertson as his first choice.

And Newman was rated higher than both Robertson and Williams. Williams would have probably not been as good in a 3-4 defense either. And we were definitely changing at some point.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Only an idiot homer wouldn't be appreciative of what he did here. He took over a perennial laughing stock doormat of a team and left it a contender again.

At an age when Tom Landry was led out to pasture. The washed up bum he truly was.

I never said anything about not appreciating what Parcells did here. He helped maked some serious changes in the organization that needed to be made. Brought in alot of good players.

But he also didnt win a playoff game in 4 seasons as a HC, despite getting everything he wanted and doing everything his way. To me that makes him a failure as a HC. Parcells the GM did a much better job than Parcells the coach here.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not wrong about anything. They both talked about the concessions made. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what went on there. He didn't come here as the GM. And he didn't have the power of a GM.

Sure it was talked about, but at the end of the day Parcells would have never taken this job if he didnt have full authority. Mortensen, Shefter and Czarnecki all reported that when he was getting the job.

He might not have had the title of GM, but he was the GM.

sbk92

Reaction score
Thats not true either, he wanted Dwayne Robertson as his first choice.

And Newman was rated higher than both Robertson and Williams. Williams would have probably not been as good in a 3-4 defense either. And we were definitely changing at some point.

He wanted Williams. You wanted him to want Robertson first.

Williams would be a beast in a 3-4. If Jay Ratliff can play it, so can Williams.

Newman wasn't rated higher by anybody with a clue. I certainly knew he was inferior to Williams. And Suggs. And it's played out that way on the field.

If Parcells ran everything like you want to convince somebody is the case, why the talk from both men about concessions that had to be made? What was he conceding, exactly?

It's obvious what went on. Parcells had to give up his usual dictatorship philosophy to come in here and work arm in arm with the worst General Manager in football. And had to give complete bums like Quincy Carter and Troy Hambrick a shot, as well as the 4-3 defense, to appease that GM.

Watered down.

sbk92

Reaction score
Sure it was talked about, but at the end of the day Parcells would have never taken this job if he didnt have full authority. Mortensen, Shefter and Czarnecki all reported that when he was getting the job.

He might not have had the title of GM, but he was the GM.

Laughable.

It's amazing what you'll convince yourself of to support this team.

Hey, gang.....Jerry stepped down as GM when Parcells was here.

Reaction score
He wanted Williams. You wanted him to want Robertson first.

Williams would be a beast in a 3-4. If Jay Ratliff can play it, so can Williams.

Newman wasn't rated higher by anybody with a clue. I certainly knew he was inferior to Williams. And Suggs. And it's played out that way on the field.

If Parcells ran everything like you want to convince somebody is the case, why the talk from both men about concessions that had to be made? What was he conceding, exactly?

It's obvious what went on. Parcells had to give up his usual dictatorship philosophy to come in here and work arm in arm with the worst General Manager in football. And had to give complete bums like Quincy Carter and Troy Hambrick a shot, as well as the 4-3 defense, to appease that GM.

Watered down.

You just talking out of your ass like this really causes you to lose any credibility you have on this matter. Really.

Yeah, we get that Parcells is a Hall of Famer.

We get that Jerry is a bad GM.

But everyone knows that Bill wanted Robertson.

Terrance Newman, like Peterson in this draft, was considered by many to be the #1 prospect in the 2003 draft. Cincinnati considered him as the #1 pick.

Parcells interviewed Zimmer, and liked the guy. Liked how he came from a football family. Parcells even made the assinine statement that Zimmer reminded him of Belichick.

But keep on spouting your nonsense. It's good for traffic.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No reason to even argue with SBK about this anymore. Until he puts away his Parcells blow up doll and ceases playing hide the sausage with it everyday, he's forever going to be a dipshit on this topic.

It doesnt matter what facts are presented, he just doesnt get it.

C

Cr122

He may have lost his touch on coaching at that age, but to say Landry was a bum is inappropriate, c'mon sbk.

sbk92

Reaction score
He may have lost his touch on coaching at that age, but to say Landry was a bum is inappropriate, c'mon sbk.

Tom Landry was a bum at the end of his career. He drove the team right into the dirt and had to be fired to correct it. That's just a fact. There's no poster up on my wall to make me ignore the obvious.

What else am I supposed to call the coach of the worst team in football? Great for most of his career, a bum at the end.

The great Bill Parcells just kept turning teams around at the same age. I think the bastard could do it in his 80s, he's that good.

C

Cr122

Tom Landry was a bum at the end of his career. He drove the team right into the dirt and had to be fired to correct it. That's just a fact. There's no poster up on my wall to make me ignore the obvious.

What else am I supposed to call the coach of the worst team in football? Great for most of his career, a bum at the end.

The great Bill Parcells just kept turning teams around at the same age. I think the bastard could do it in his 80s, he's that good.

I agree with you that he took a major step back at his old age, but overall I consider Landry the best coach the Cowboys ever had.

1) Landry
2) Johnson
3) Parcells

The rest I could give two shits about until JG proves it to me that he can do it. If "Jerry" allows him to. That won't be determined for a while.

C

Cr122

And before anyone says it, I don't give a flying f'k what Jimmy did with the Dolphins.

All I know is he was a hell of a coach here, he has already proven that.

sbk92

Reaction score
I agree with you that he took a major step back at his old age, but overall I consider Landry the best coach the Cowboys ever had.

1) Landry
2) Johnson
3) Parcells

The rest I could give two shits about until JG proves it to me that he can do it. If "Jerry" allows him to. That won't be determined for a while.

In terms of years as a Cowboy, I'd put Jimmy first, then Landry, then Parcells.

If it's overall coaching career, Parcells goes first, then Jimmy, then Landry. I can't put a guy who literally destroys his own team and turns it into the worst in the league before getting fired ahead of greats like Parcells and Jimmy. I don't care how many years he spent here or how influential he was back when the league was in it's infancy.

But I do consider all three truly great head coaches.

sbk92

Reaction score
And before anyone says it, I don't give a flying f'k what Jimmy did with the Dolphins.

All I know is he was a hell of a coach here, he has already proven that.

I thought Jimmy was solid in Miami. He just made the mistake of sticking with Marino. Then didn't stick around long enough to rebuild that offense for another run.

But he certainly didn't screw the pooch like Landry's final years in Dallas.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I think Bill is a very effective team builder, i.e. someone working in the front office.

I think his abilities as a coach eroded quite a bit over his tenure with the Cowboys. I still wince when I think how bad the game plan was against the Seahawks for that playoff game.

sbk92

Reaction score
I thought the gameplan against Seattle was genius. Very effective. He knew he didn't have a QB ready to play in that game. Just a mistake prone wide eyed Romo who it turned out couldn't even handle a FG hold.

A bad head coach puts the game on his arm and watches his team lose by three touchdowns in a debacle.

C

Cr122

I think Bill is a very effective team builder, i.e. someone working in the front office.

I think his abilities as a coach eroded quite a bit over his tenure with the Cowboys. I still wince when I think how bad the game plan was against the Seahawks for that playoff game.

Yeah, but the players are the ones who have to execute the initial plays.

I will say this though, Bill was a conservative coach, he wasn't too much of a gambler when it came to play calling so I can see your point.

Top Bottom