sbk92

Reaction score
No reason to even argue with SBK about this anymore. Until he puts away his Parcells blow up doll and ceases playing hide the sausage with it everyday, he's forever going to be a dipshit on this topic.

It doesnt matter what facts are presented, he just doesnt get it.

Yes. I just don't get all your facts.

Maybe because you have none.

You can't have facts and support Jerry Jones over Bill Parcells. You have to either be nuts or on some good meds.

sbk92

Reaction score
Yeah, but the players are the ones who have to execute the initial plays.

I will say this though, Bill was a conservative coach, he wasn't too much of a gambler when it came to play calling so I can see your point.

What idiot would want his head coach to gamble with a team like he had here?

He played it smart. And they should have won the game.

C

Cr122

What idiot would want his head coach to gamble with a team like he had here?

He played it smart. And they should have won the game.

I should of been more precise. With that team, Bill had to be conservative.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Parcells was never watered down by the owner. Parcells ran the front office, made all the personnel decisions, hired and fired all the coaches and made all the game day decisions.

If it was up to Parcells and we didn't have an additional 1st round pick, we would not have had Ware. That pick gets credited to Jones.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He absolutely was watered down by the owner. They admitted to the concessions both sides had to make when he was hired.

Quincy Carter and Troy Hambrick never start here under Parcells without Jerry. We don't run the 4-3 defense either.

Really? My understanding that it was Parcells that got rid of Emmitt not Jerry. Jerry cried over it. You're full of shit as usual. Carter would not have started here but instead Testaverde and Bledsoe would have. He had more success with Carter here than he had with the other two. And Parcells would not jump into the 3-4 in his first year.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Only an idiot homer wouldn't be appreciative of what he did here. He took over a perennial laughing stock doormat of a team and left it a contender again.

At an age when Tom Landry was led out to pasture. The washed up bum he truly was.

Yeah he was led out to pasture because unlike a certain HC, HE WOULDN'T QUIT. yeah he's a bum alright.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He may have lost his touch on coaching at that age, but to say Landry was a bum is inappropriate, c'mon sbk.

Because nobody will acknowledge Parcells as this savior fo the Cowboys, he in return feels he must badmouth and disrespect Landry. The bitch has no credibility.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I agree with you that he took a major step back at his old age, but overall I consider Landry the best coach the Cowboys ever had.

1) Landry
2) Johnson
3) Parcells

The rest I could give two shits about until JG proves it to me that he can do it. If "Jerry" allows him to. That won't be determined for a while.

Wade and Switzer were better coaches for the Cowboys than Parcells. Both those guys won their division AND won a playoff game for the Cowboys.

Reaction score
Parcells got us turned in the right direction. But he sure as was not the savior some (read: sbk92) make him out to be.

I mean, the numbers speak for themselves: 34-32, 0 division titles, 0 playoff wins.

C

Cr122

Wade and Switzer were better coaches for the Cowboys than Parcells. Both those guys won their division AND won a playoff game for the Cowboys.

:****** Switzer was handed a winning team, all he had to do is scratch his balls on the sidelines. The players did the rest.

Wade?? lol lol lol

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
:****** Switzer was handed a winning team, all he had to do is scratch his balls on the sidelines. The players did the rest.

Wade?? lol lol lol

Whether the team was handed to him or not, he didn't f uck it up. And yes Wade. 2 division titles and a playoff win, trumps the coaching that Parcells did. Or I guess Wade was also handed a team and the players did the rest? Well that is a serious indoctment against Parcells all the more.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I thought the gameplan against Seattle was genius. Very effective. He knew he didn't have a QB ready to play in that game. Just a mistake prone wide eyed Romo who it turned out couldn't even handle a FG hold.

A bad head coach puts the game on his arm and watches his team lose by three touchdowns in a debacle.

To not allow your QB, who was 5th in the NFL in passer rating (that 5th from the top) and not allow him to attack a secondary that started Pete Hunter...

Well there's a word for that... And "genius" ain't it.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Parcells got us turned in the right direction. But he sure as was not the savior some (read: sbk92) make him out to be.

I mean, the numbers speak for themselves: 34-32, 0 division titles, 0 playoff wins.

Bill's teams (either one that he's either coached or served in the front office on) haven't won a playoff game since 1998.

C

Cr122

Whether the team was handed to him or not, he didn't f uck it up. And yes Wade. 2 division titles and a playoff win, trumps the coaching that Parcells did. Or I guess Wade was also handed a team and the players did the rest? Well that is a serious indoctment against Parcells all the more.

I know it was Parcells fault for botching that snap wasn't it? Your forgetting Parcells took over a multiple 5-11 team.

When Wade took over he already had a decent team to coach. Thanks to Bill, mostly.

Then why did Wade fail so miserably last year? Hmmm? Then all of a sudden JG takes over and pretty much turned them around.

If Wade had finished the year, the Cowboys wouldn't of won another game, why? Because he's just not a good head coach. Wade is a good DC, not a head coach.

Reaction score
To not allow your QB, who was 5th in the NFL in passer rating (that 5th from the top) and not allow him to attack a secondary that started Pete Hunter...

He coached scared.

sbk92

Reaction score

You proved your intelligence level with that comment.

None of these guys are stupid. They just say stupid things in defense of their team. dbair is no dummy. He just can't talk rational when the subject's the Dallas Cowboys.

But you on the other hand, you really are a window licker.

sbk92

Reaction score

Romo was a trainwreck in that game. Didn't even have a full season of starting under his belt before his first playoff game. To ask him to do anything more than what he did was foolish. It's fan Monday morning quarterbacking.

The great one knew he didn't have the QB yet and planned accordingly. What he couldn't plan for was that same rattled QB to drop a a FG hold and hand the game to Seattle. If he holds on to it, we win and suddenly the gameplan nonsense goes out the window.

Top Bottom