cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Carrier has been the DB's coach in Baltimore, Arizona State, and Cincinnati now. In between ASU and Cinci, he was the Defensive Line coach for the Jets.

Sources time...I attend a lot of coaching clinics and I always ask these guys after their sessions about up-and-coming coaches, and Carrier is a very popular name. Supposedly very bright and a great communicator. Plus, he went to a great school.

Reaction score
Carrier has been the DB's coach in Baltimore, Arizona State, and Cincinnati now. In between ASU and Cinci, he was the Defensive Line coach for the Jets.

Sources time...I attend a lot of coaching clinics and I always ask these guys after their sessions about up-and-coming coaches, and Carrier is a very popular name. Supposedly very bright and a great communicator. Plus, he went to a great school.

I thought I read he only had 2 years experience. Oops.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jerry doesn't like paying head coaches.

That isn't really true. He got Gailey and Campo on the cheap (in part because nobody else would have wanted them) but he paid top dollar (at the time) for Jimmy, and Parcells was the 2nd highest paid coach in the league his 4yrs in Dallas (only Gibbs made more). Jones has always paid quality assistant coaches extremely well too. Several of our coordinators and key position coaches over the years have been the highest paid in football.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
HC: http://www.bengals.com/team/coaches/Zimmer_Mike/e2aedec8-6392-43ab-9a87-f0bc9dd2de2b. Zimmer has coached with some of the best.

DC: Matt Eberflus. From what I understand, Rob Ryan relied on Eberflus for organization and a great deal of coaching. Now Eberflus has 3-4, 4-6, and Tampa 2 experience in teaching. In a way, he had to do the reverse of what Zimmer did in learning the 4-3 from the 3-4.

OC: Alex Van Pelt. He's a QB, coached WRs, and now RBs with a mobile QB.

FAIL

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Are they pro coaches? If so, do you ever get to discuss what coaches around the league think about Jerry & his zoo?

Do you coach?

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Time to find a new team for the rest of this season.

Going to toss names into a hat and pick one. Need something to do to keep me entertained for the rest of the season.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He used to coach at Arizona And BYU.

The oh so rare funny post from Jon.

Are they pro coaches? If so, do you ever get to discuss what coaches around the league think about Jerry & his zoo?

Do you coach?

Pro and college coaches. Glazier has a lot of clinics nationally and get some pretty good names. I do know people who feel that Jerry is a controlling, vindictive psychopath. A lot of coaches just kind of smile or roll their eyes if you bring up that Front Office. As far as coaches, they rarely badmouth each other but you can usually tell when they really like someone. I am not currently a coach but I am a volunteer assistant coach at a JuCo. I'm basically a glorified student manager but I am thankful for the opportunity while I am working on a Sports Management degree.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The oh so rare funny post from Jon.

Pro and college coaches. Glazier has a lot of clinics nationally and get some pretty good names. I do know people who feel that Jerry is a controlling, vindictive psychopath. A lot of coaches just kind of smile or roll their eyes if you bring up that Front Office. As far as coaches, they rarely badmouth each other but you can usually tell when they really like someone. I am not currently a coach but I am a volunteer assistant coach at a JuCo. I'm basically a glorified student manager but I am thankful for the opportunity while I am working on a Sports Management degree.

I bet that's an interesting gig. Did they elaborate on how jerry is vindictive?

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Time to find a new team for the rest of this season.

Going to toss names into a hat and pick one. Need something to do to keep me entertained for the rest of the season.

The chiefs are entertaining. It has been fun watching a NFL defense.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I do know people who feel that Jerry is a controlling, vindictive psychopath. A lot of coaches just kind of smile or roll their eyes if you bring up that Front Office.

And they're so arrogant too. The Patriots don't act as arrogant as they do.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I also like how they get yards offensively when they have to. They impose their will on teams. Something we have not done for decades.

It's not just that they impose their will, but rather they just simply use common sense.

Reaction score
ZC had an excellent post there, but the point remains, still... The players know that they can pull the wool over Jerry's eyes and fool him into thinking they are all that because he really doesn't know WTF he is looking at in the first place, yet they will answer to him and not whoever is in the HC slot. It's a setup for disaster all the way around.

Top Bottom