onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
And you are a lawyer. There is not a debate in the world you can win with a profession like that.

lawyers are professional liars. Peppie never gets it that a lot more people then he thinks understands that.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
You're so predictable.

States rights is code for "the federal government can't tell states they can't have slavery." Was there another issue that was imposed on the states that appeared as many times in the secession proclamations? I'll save you the time and the inevitable migraine you'll get trying to think critically... no there wasn't.

This argument falls pretty flat when the Confederate states basically said they were leaving the Union because slavery was so important to them. Racism does not equal indentured servitude of millions within a race of people. And last I checked, the Northern states didn't secede because they couldn't own slaves or couldn't be racist. Oh yea, I remember all the statements in those declarations of secession about the banks being usury.

Where did I ignore anything Lincoln said? There hasn't been anything in this thread that Lincoln said until now. And of course he was trying to preserve the union. He was trying to keep the nation's economy strong, and the South's agrarian economy was very important to the country's progress. The South thought slavery was integral to continue to produce agriculturally. And eventually, Lincoln, you know, freed the slaves, three years in to the Civil War... so there's that. Don't pretend that he would have let the South keep the slaves to save the Union, when he literally instigated a war over them seceding, and then proclaimed the slaves free during the war. That's just stupid.

None of this has been argued or even discussed in this thread.

just further proof that all you are is a lawyer; pretty pathetic. Reality; honesty; truth; have no meanings to you at all.

Reaction score
What does that have to do with it?

Just because somebody can take the blue oval off of a Ford and put a Chevrolet bowtie on it doesnt mean anything nor does it make the Ford a Chevy. Just like it doesnt matter what factions or groups might happen to like the rebel flag doesnt change what it is.
So the confederate flag was the symbol of the Southern states who seceded because they thought the President was overstepping his bounds by not allowing slavery to expand, and now the confederate flag is still used by racist factions of people as a symbol of their opinions, and you don't think slavery had anything to do with the Civil War... it was just states' rights?

And your analogy to this is taking two products that are competitors and putting one logo on the other and saying it doesn't make a Ford a Chevy?

Yes, I think that's stupidity.

And you're calling me stupid?

I think I'd rather be grouped with the stupidity of jnday and burmafrd thank you.
Not surprising.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
as far as I am concerned lawyers are like pedophiles; one in a thousand might not deserve being drawn and quartered.

Reaction score
I can back up each and every point I have made. You should read more than law books.
Point me to the book I need to read to wash my brain into a racist hillbilly's brain, please. Something written by Jethro "Catfish" Jones, I presume?

Reaction score
See what happens when morons like burmafrd and jnday get into debates... after they've poured out all the stupidity they have on a subject, they resort to attacks on a person's profession, as though that has anything to do with it.

Your argument would be better if you stuck to the topic... It wouldn't help my argument to refer to burms job as a used car salesman, or jnday sitting at home making moonshine all day.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
something like this

Who-to-Blame-copy.jpg

Yep, so true

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm on record saying there will definitely be another Revolution or Civil War type scenario for us here. It's coming, not a question of if just when. Might be 50 years, 100 yrs or so, but its coming.

Angrymesscan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
You mad?

Reclaiming your independence is never stupid, and is always the smartest play. The stupid part was joining the now doomed EU in the first place.

So you've just exited a market the size of the US and will probably lose Scotland and N. Ireland, you will have to negotiate most of your trade agreements from a position of weakness and migration will still be an issue, plus much of your deadweight (retirees who fled south to better climates) will move back in in part because you just took 25% of their income away with the pound at a record low in the last 20+years, the two faces of the movement have basically washed their hands of all their promises as something not really attainable, but you're right fear mongering and racism veiled as Independence is the way to go...

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
as far as I am concerned lawyers are like pedophiles; one in a thousand might not deserve being drawn and quartered.
Until you frikkin need one, right?

And you're good with one in a thousand pedophiles/hebephiles running loose?

Lawyers are people, Fred. Some of my best friends are lawyers just like some of my best friends are mechanics. There's no difference really, between them - they all put their pants on one leg at a time. And they're all equally capable of being Asshats just like you and me.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So you've just exited a market the size of the US and will probably lose Scotland and N. Ireland, you will have to negotiate most of your trade agreements from a position of weakness and migration will still be an issue, plus much of your deadweight (retirees who fled south to better climates) will move back in in part because you just took 25% of their income away with the pound at a record low in the last 20+years, the two faces of the movement have basically washed their hands of all their promises as something not really attainable, but you're right fear mongering and racism veiled as Independence is the way to go...
I love the irony in your post. You preface the entire thing with fear mongering, then in pure Alinsky style, accuse the opponent of that which you just did.

None of the doomsday scenarios of GB exiting the EU will come to fruition. In fact, the whole EU probably crumbles now as more countries seek their own exit. It's already started. It was a stupid idea executed stupidly, and needs to go the way of the dodo.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score

Racism? Fear mongering? What in the hell are you talking about? Don.'the tell me that you are one of those people that thinks there is a racial reason for everything that happens. They may have some immigration problems, but as you know, the US does as well. It is not a race problem when you want to control the people coming into your country.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score

Lawyers are people, Fred. Some of my best friends are lawyers just like some of my best friends are mechanics. There's no difference really, between them - they all put their pants on one leg at a time. And they're all equally capable of being Asshats just like you and me.
I have friends in low places too. Don't tell Pep, it is too much entertainment getting him worked up.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score

To me the greatest crime of the system is that it does not care who is guilty or not. Its like that garbage quote that better 1000 guilty go free rather then one innocent person be convicted.

What about the thousands of future INNOCENT victims of that thousand that went free? Gomers do not want to talk about them.

All the lawyers in the current system share the blame for what it is.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
To me the greatest crime of the system is that it does not care who is guilty or not. Its like that garbage quote that better 1000 guilty go free rather then one innocent person be convicted.

What about the thousands of future INNOCENT victims of that thousand that went free? Gomers do not want to talk about them.

All the lawyers in the current system share the blame for what it is.
It assures you are presumed innocent until PROVEN guilty, and that's pretty much a guarantee only here in our system.

And yes, justice is blind. It really does not care who is guilty. It's objective, It's equal opportunity - if by preponderance of the evidence, a judge (if you choose) or a jury of your peers determines guilt or not.

Worst of all in ANY system and by miles the greatest crime, is when a innocent person is wrongfully convicted and punished. It's anathema to justice. "Future innocent victims" can't be quantified and is not objective - it's subjective.

It's the LAWYERS who stand between us and a oppressive government, friend.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It assures you are presumed innocent until PROVEN guilty, and that's pretty much a guarantee only here in our system.

And yes, justice is blind. It really does not care who is guilty. It's objective, It's equal opportunity - if by preponderance of the evidence, a judge (if you choose) or a jury of your peers determines guilt or not.

Worst of all in ANY system and by miles the greatest crime, is when a innocent person is wrongfully convicted and punished. It's anathema to justice. "Future innocent victims" can't be quantified and is not objective - it's subjective.

I don't see any lawyers doing that in regards to the Clintons Dooms. The oppressive government just proved that there are SOME people above the law.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score

my god what a complete pile bat shit.

JUSTICE DOES NOT CARE WHO IS GUILTY.

Then why bother?

talk about the ultimate cowardly way out.

Lawyers stand between us and a oppressive government?

There is the blind and the deluded and the stupid and you are all three at once.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
my god what a complete pile bat shit.

JUSTICE DOES NOT CARE WHO IS GUILTY.

Then why bother?

talk about the ultimate cowardly way out.

There is the blind and the deluded and the stupid and you are all three at once.
Can't help it you don't understand the difference between the words "objective" and "subjective."
Lawyers stand between us and a oppressive government?
They sure as fuck do. Otherwise they would be locking us up for our opinions in short order.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don't see any lawyers doing that in regards to the Clintons Dooms. The oppressive government just proved that there are SOME people above the law.
It was lawyers who got Billy out of his jams, but federal investigators who just cleared Hitlery.

Top Bottom