dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
LOL

^ says the guy who didn't read any of it

Don't worry counselor, I'll go through and bold all the important facts for you.

Reaction score
However, the Office of Immigration Statistics reported that of the 188,382 deportations of illegal aliens in 2011, 23 percent had committed criminal traffic offenses (primarily driving under the influence). Congressman Steve King (R-IA) estimates that illegal alien drunk drivers kill 13 Americans every day — that’s a death toll of 4,745 per year.[4]

The 23 percent criminal traffic offenders figure is only part of the overall picture. According to the Center for Immigration Studies, another 23 percent, more than 43,000 illegal aliens, were convicted of drug offenses. The violent crime category of assault, robbery, sexual assault, and family offenses comes to 12 percent. The non-violent crime grouping of larceny, fraud, and burglary totaled seven percent, and on the list goes — equaling 100 percent of illegal aliens who have been through the criminal justice system and inflicted thousands to millions in cost per alien on the system, for issues having nothing to do with their illegal entry into the country.
Like I said... no context. Do you understand that they're focusing on a group of 190k illegal immigrants who were deported as a result of criminal prosecutions. That's out of what 11 million illegal immigrants? So this is 2% of the illegal immigrant population you're talking about here. There's some context for you.

An FBI crime study also shows heavy illegal alien involvement in criminal activity revealed these statistics:
•75 percent of those on the most wanted criminals list in Los Angeles, Phoenix and Albuquerque are illegal aliens.
•One quarter of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals, as are more than 40 percent of all inmates in Arizona and 48 percent in New Mexico jails.
•Over 53 percent of all investigated burglaries reported in California, New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona, and Texas are perpetrated by illegal aliens.
•63 percent of cited drivers in Arizona have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that number, 97 percent are illegal aliens. 66 percent of cited drivers in New Mexico have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 66 percent, 98 percent are illegal aliens.

So, guess what... I clicked through to the article for the source for these stats. The links they used for their citation for these stats doesn't work. All the links go to AXS website. Not surprising.

Additionally, the second bullet point there... talks about Mexican nationals. That will include those with legal status as well as illegal status. Not apples to apples there.

Meanwhile, the GAO study I cited earlier in the thread uses the FBI's numbers. You can find that study here, if you're so inclined. http://www.gao.gov/assets/320/316959.pdf

That study reports from 2004 to 2008 that the criminal alien incarcerations (both legal status and illegal status) were about 509,000. The total alien (legal and illegal status) population in the US as of 2009 was 25.3 million. So they're talking about 2% of the total population. Context.

Now, I am going to admit that crime will increase when the Country sees an influx of people. That will happen with any group of people. If 10 million Chinese came to the US, some of them would turn out to be criminals.

The question though is are Mexican immigrants significantly more likely to commit crimes than a comparable population. I don't think that they are. At least I haven't seen that in what I've looked at... including anything you've posted.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Yawn.

That's some serious fantasy land you live in Pep

he is a lawyer. They CAN'T live in the real world. when you have to lie every day in your job and know you are doing it you have to have a coping mechanism unless lying comes easy to you. I feel sorry to some extent for all current lawyers because they inherited a system straight from cuckoo land.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
he is a lawyer. They CAN'T live in the real world. when you have to lie every day in your job and know you are doing it you have to have a coping mechanism unless lying comes easy to you. I feel sorry to some extent for all current lawyers because they inherited a system straight from cuckoo land.

The lawyer part isnt the problem. Its the libtard denial of reality mindset that the problem.

Reaction score
You guys stopped debating substance long ago. I thought that's what we were doing now. It works right? I've convinced you.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The only thing you've convinced me of counselor is not to hire you if I get framed for something

Reaction score
It's all good... I don't have any interest in getting involved in your sodomy case. Framed? That's what they all say.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The guy didn't use the gun in the transaction. In fact, I don't think it was even brought up by the agent who conducted controlled sales... I think it was mentioned by the defendant during interrogation IIRC.

It seems ridiculous to just impose 5 years on someone for possession of a gun during an offense when the gun had no part in the offense. And no discretion to take that out? Just dumb.

So you want a guy to use a gun in order for it to be a crime? That makes no sense either, especially if the defendant has a prior criminal history which makes the sheer possession of that gun a crime in and of itself.

Like I said, I'd like to read more about the case you cited and if you know of any links that contain specifics of the case, I'd be interested. I've seen cases where the defendant brought a registered gun to a drug deal and he wasn't charged with the gun (because it was registered). I'd really like to see the reasoning for your case.

I don't understand what you're saying here... I stated that the prosecutors have numbers they have to keep up with, quotas if you will... You ask me to find a friend who works with a USAO, and see if they have thresholds, like you don't think that they do. Then you say you "can't say all districts do." Like you think they do have numbers to keep up with? Then you say the thresholds are beyond stupid? I don't know what you're arguing here.

You initially stated that some prosecutors were hampred by the minimum mandatory laws and I disagreed. I disagreed because Federal prosecutors can pick and choose which cases to prosecute and one of the primary factors taken into consideration is the quantity of drugs seized. The thresholds I refered to dealt with drug thresholds. For example, in one Federal district on the East Coast, in order to prosecute a cocaine case, the quanity of seized drugs had to exceed a minimum 5 kilogram threshold. Each major drug had a minimum threshold assigned which an investigator had to meet in order for that case to be prosecuted Federally.

US Attorney's Offices, to my knowledge, do not have quotas to meet for certain crimes. I only asked if you knew someone who may work in the US Attorney's Office so you can verify what I'm telling you.

Imagine how much more cooperation they could get if they could deviate even more from the guidelines/mandatory minimums. You're talking about a limited deviation in your scenario. The greater the deviation that is allowed, the more cooperation the government will get.

The deviation depends on the weight a judge gives to a defendant's cooperation agreement. The more the defendant does that can be highlighted for the judge in the 5K letter, the better it is. I've seen folks walk away with minimal incarceration when they were facing a minimum mandatory sentence. That's how the system is designed.

Top Bottom