dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You didn't answer the question. I think you probably would like Johnson if you weren't a GOP shill. But I doubt you know much about his history or his policy. He ran as a Republican in 2012. But now you'll go google him and come up with something you don't like I'm sure.

Meanwhile Trump has "won you over" even though he doesn't have any clear policy or history. He speaks in generic terms with buzzwords that you like, and you've bought it because he's the presumptive nominee. You're pretty sure he will suround himself with high quality people... it's like you hope these yet-to-be-named people will bring some specific policy to his platform. Basing your opinion on hope and change. Sounds a lot like the guy in office.

I know who he is. There are actually some of his ideas that I like, but there is some stuff I think he is way off base on too.

There's actually a lot of what the Libertarian party stands for that I agree whole heartedly with.

Trump is not right on everything. But he is right on immigration, he's right about this ridiculous idea of importing Muslims here, taxes, taking care of our veterans and a few other things.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
And I'll expand a little bit on the point I made earlier. If the police are the "thin blue line" standing between us and the criminal element, then lawyers are the "thin white collar line" standing between us and the oppressive government those police represent! You can't be skeptical of the government and be a lawyer hater too - lawyers especially defense lawyers have by design a adversarial relationship with the government.
I am not fond of the government or the lawyers. The government is made up of lawyers, so they are one the same. With that being said, I have two lawyers That I have retained to take care of some stuff, so you have a point, we have to deal with them.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Trump is the only guy for years that has been willing to just come out and speak the truth and say what needs to be said? Why are people afraid of that?

My goodness, at least the guy says what needs to be said. He is a breath of fresh air in this screwed up country.
Trump is also a businessman. This country has been run he lawyers for too long. Lawyers are not qualified to create budgets and the government is one big business.

Reaction score
But he is right on immigration, he's right about this ridiculous idea of importing Muslims here, taxes, taking care of our veterans and a few other things.
Oh yeah... build a wall! Talk about pandering. There's literally no way he's building a wall, or getting Mexico to pay for it, or rounding up 11 million people and deporting them. It's all a crock of shit.

If you like Trump on taxes, you'd really like Johnson on taxes. Much better tax policy IMO. And a history of actually doing it.

Johnson is economically way more conservative than Trump would ever be. You're going to see budgets grow at continued astronomical rates under Trump, just like it has since GWB took office. Johnson would slash the size of the government.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
What you call speaking the truth, I call pandering to the extreme right and offending the rest of the country. He says what you want to hear, and you lap it up. Meanwhile, the majority of voters hear him speak and shiver at the disgusting things he says. Breath of fresh air?? His words are poisonous.

Not to mention that he can't come up with a single clear platform idea, has no history in governing, and his political opinions change with the wind direction.

If what he says offends somebody, well, that person needs offending. Because anybody offended by Trump is the kind of person that is responsible for the mess this country is in.

Reaction score
If what he says offends somebody, well, that person needs offending. Because anybody offended by Trump is the kind of person that is responsible for the mess this country is in.
That's ridiculous. He's offended women, the mentally handicapped, hispanics, blacks, and so on.... That's not how you win an election, and it's not how you run a country. You might even think that all of those segments of people are responsible for what is wrong with the country.... it's just not a winning strategy. Ad it's definitely not a "breath of fresh air."

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
That's ridiculous. He's offended women, the mentally handicapped, hispanics, blacks, and so on.... That's not how you win an election, and it's not how you run a country. You might even think that all of those segments of people are responsible for what is wrong with the country.... it's just not a winning strategy. Ad it's definitely not a "breath of fresh air."

Now you're starting to sound like Hillary, or some whiny thin skinned demoRAT.

You probably want to make America "Whole Again"

People need to quit finding reasons to get offended.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Oh yeah... build a wall! Talk about pandering. There's literally no way he's building a wall, or getting Mexico to pay for it, or rounding up 11 million people and deporting them. It's all a crock of shit.

If you like Trump on taxes, you'd really like Johnson on taxes. Much better tax policy IMO. And a history of actually doing it.

Johnson is economically way more conservative than Trump would ever be. You're going to see budgets grow at continued astronomical rates under Trump, just like it has since GWB took office. Johnson would slash the size of the government.
That may be true, but Johnson is not a legit candidate in this race. He will not get 5% of the vote. A vote for Johnson is a vote for Hillary. If a Trump does 1/10 of the things he is wanting to do, he will be the best president in modern times. If he only exposes the corruption in this government , he will be a great president. Of course there could be better candidates, but there is not. There is two realistic choices. Pick our poison:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That's ridiculous. He's offended women, the mentally handicapped, hispanics, blacks, and so on.... ."

Your regurgitating what the main stream media wants....plenty of woman and people of color have come out in support of him as well

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
you have your head so far up your rear end as regards lawyers. Shakespear called the tune on them 300 years ago.

LOL Now we see you can't read either. The Bard wasn't advocating what you assume there. You either missed the context or actually never read the work. It's from Henry VI and it's Dick the Butcher - a fictional character - who said 'kill all the lawyers' not Shakespeare. Try actually reading books instead of burning them. You don't know that you don't know.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

Yep, being offended is a choice, not a autonomic reflex.

Reaction score

Really, back to the ad hominems? So predictable.

Reaction score
That may be true, but Johnson is not a legit candidate in this race. He will not get 5% of the vote. A vote for Johnson is a vote for Hillary. If a Trump does 1/10 of the things he is wanting to do, he will be the best president in modern times. If he only exposes the corruption in this government , he will be a great president. Of course there could be better candidates, but there is not. There is two realistic choices. Pick our poison:
This is a circular argument. The only reason you don't think he's a legit candidate is because you're short-sighted enough to think you can only vote for one of two choices. You're perpetuating the two party system by saying a vote for Johnson is a vote for Hillary. Some polls have him in the double digits, and some have him drawing more from Hillary than from Trump. Uneducated voters are the problem. They either don't know there are other options, or they think that the other options aren't realistic. I got news for you, if they're on the ballot, then they're realistic options... if the educated voters will actually do something other than live in fear that not voting for one of two awful choices were a wasted vote. The two parties WANT you to beleve you're wasting votes by voting for someone else. Right now, they don't have to field the best candidate, they only have to field a candidate better than one other party.

It's like the old saying, when two people are being chased by a lion, you don't have to be faster than the lion, you only have to be faster than the other guy. Well, when it comes to this country, I don't want just the better of two shit options. More options breeds better options. But until people get over the two parties, the system will continue just as it has, whether it's Trump or Hillary.

And Trump's not going to expose corruption. It's just more pandering. He's been corrupt in his business dealings, why would you think he's going to expose corruption when his administration is running things.

Reaction score
drugs, national defense to name two
He wants to legalize marijuana. So what? You want alcohol and cigarettes banned to? You want the government telling you what you can and can't put into your body? You didn't strike me as the type who wanted the nanny-state.

National defense isn't an issue with Johnson. He doesn't want to intervene in foreign countries unless absolutely necessary, save money, stem the tide of terrorism against the US, and have a strong domestic defense. That's bad?

Reaction score
Your regurgitating what the main stream media wants....plenty of woman and people of color have come out in support of him as well
Plenty of =/= majority. I hardly pay attention to the main stream media. You only have to watch Trump's twitter account to know this stuff.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score

I see this all the time. Nobody can provide the direct quotes from Trump to show he is a racist and bigot because they don't exist. The republican candidate is labeled as a racist in every presidential election. A liberal's first method of political attack is by labeling people that disagree with them as s racist and it works.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
This is a circular argument. The only reason you don't think he's a legit candidate is because you're short-sighted enough to think you can only vote for one of two choices. You're perpetuating the two party system by saying a vote for Johnson is a vote for Hillary. Some polls have him in the double digits, and some have him drawing more from Hillary than from Trump. Uneducated voters are the problem. They either don't know there are other options, or they think that the other options aren't realistic. I got news for you, if they're on the ballot, then they're realistic options... if the educated voters will actually do something other than live in fear that not voting for one of two awful choices were a wasted vote. The two parties WANT you to beleve you're wasting votes by voting for someone else. Right now, they don't have to field the best candidate, they only have to field a candidate better than one other party.

It's like the old saying, when two people are being chased by a lion, you don't have to be faster than the lion, you only have to be faster than the other guy. Well, when it comes to this country, I don't want just the better of two shit options. More options breeds better options. But until people get over the two parties, the system will continue just as it has, whether it's Trump or Hillary.

And Trump's not going to expose corruption. It's just more pandering. He's been corrupt in his business dealings, why would you think he's going to expose corruption when his administration is running things.
In reality, we are limited to two parties. The election results will prove my point on that. It will take a well-known, strong candidate to ever have a chance to be elected as a third party candidate and Johnson doesn't fit that description. I don't like it, but that is the way things are. The democrats, republicans, and media are against Trump. I see that as a good thing because I hate all three and it makes the choice simple. Like any big businessman, Trump has made enemies, but there has been nobody step up and prove he was not ethical in his dealings.bafter the Dallas cop shootings, Trump will get a big boost in the polls because he is not soft about his feelings towards the BLM movement. It should be rnough to put him on top and that is a good thing unless you support Hillary.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Plenty of =/= majority. I hardly pay attention to the main stream media. You only have to watch Trump's twitter account to know this stuff.

Please identify the tweets where he shows he is racist and offensive.

Top Bottom