Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jerry is scheduled to be on with the terrible Rage show on 105.3 the fan at 5 this afternoon..maybe he can confuse us all a little more by talking about boats, kittens and arkansas football.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I still dont think we're signing him, but if we did food for thought:

Maybe they do keep Newman and just have him restructure. They start him and NA at CB, and Mike Jenkins might move to FS. Alot of scouting write ups on Jenkins from 2008 mentioned he could be moved to FS and be ideal there. You could always move him back to CB later if/when necessary.

You have to be willing to tackle to play safety.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Cris Collinsworth

0 Comments Comments
For days we have discussed the possibility of Nnamdi Asomugha playing with Darrelle Revis and the Jets. It has so many exciting possibilities. However, now that the Cowboys are involved, I am going to guess that Rob Ryan, not Rex Ryan, will ultimately get a new toy for his secondary. It just makes too much sense.

The Cowboys really struggled in man coverage last year. So much so that Wade Phillips looked hesitant to call some of his blitzes because he was losing so many battles in the secondary. Mike Jenkins really fell off after a steller 2009. Terence Newman is getting older. The Cowboys have seen the success that Rex Ryan has had with a shut-down corner that allows him to blitz, play Revis in man coverage, and still help in coverage on the other half the field. Nnamdi Asomugha could do the same thing for Rob Ryan now with the Cowboys.

Nnamdi Asomugha is a luxury for the Jets, he is a necessity for the Cowboys, which makes it easier for them to pay the asking price. It is tough to match the spotlight of New York City, but playing for the Cowboys may be an even higher profile. The Cowboys will get no discounts, but ultimately, Jerry will not get outbid. This is exactly the bold stroke Cowboys fans need to get re-energized. I will be surprised if Nnamdi isn't wearing a star this fall. So suck it fags.

lol

Cythim

Reaction score
Yea I dont really see what people are scared of. They have $20+M in dead money and can still afford to get the top FA .

Out cap situation is only going to get better :thumbsup:

Stevie knows all about money, the cap is just an illusion and Stevie the magician that makes it look cool. He will wave his Harry Potter wand and make our cap trouble go away.

Reaction score
Stevie knows all about money, the cap is just an illusion and Stevie the magician that makes it look cool. He will wave his Harry Potter wand and make our cap trouble go away.

No Harry Potter references in the main forum. new rule.

Reaction score
That new Harry Potter does look awesome though.

The kid is shooting blue magic powers and the guy is shooting red magic powers. I bet the magic clashes in the middle and makes a big colorful magic ball.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I gotta be honest.. reading thru the first couple pages I didn't want Asomugha. Now... I'm kinda excited for him. Just cuz we'd get the top FA.

Do we NEED him? No.

What we need is a DLine or teams are gonna run the football down our throat. BUT, we get NA and whatever problems we had in man coverage are gone.. at least for one half of the field.

Also, unless Newman restructures he's a goner. Probably by trade. If he does restructure I can't see us keeping Jenkins, so he'll more than likely be the one traded. Hopefully its for a big body on the DLine.

cowboys2194

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Done deal. DC.com

359092858.png

lol

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe Newman gets traded to Cinci if we sign NA. They lost Joseph and Zimmer loves Newman

Top Bottom