Reaction score
So much risk, possibly so much reward. So torn on this. So.

Agreed.

If you look at the contenders in the NFC, they all feature incredible passing attacks. He'd be an immediate upgrade at corner.

But long term, this deal will bite us in the arse.

Cythim

Reaction score
I want Nnamdi's talent, but I don't want the huge price tag it comes with. His age doesn't worry me, he will be fine if we keep him healthy.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
BryanBroaddus Bryan Broaddus
I understand that @toddarcher has already mentioned this but a very good league source I talk 2 agrees with him about Nnamdi + the Cowboys.

Reaction score
Report: Jets vs. Cowboys for Nnamdi
Posted by Mike Florio on July 29, 2011, 10:54 AM EDT

Cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha has yet to pick a new team. But another team has opted out of the chase.

Michael Lombardi of NFL Network reports that it’s down to Ryan vs. Ryan.

Cowboys versus Jets.

Rex Ryan, as anyone who follows football knows, coaches the Jets. Rob Ryan is the first-year defensive coordinator in Dallas.

Per Lombardi, the 49ers have bailed out. The Texans bailed when they signed Johnathan Joseph. We’ve reported that the Bucs were never it, contrary to reports elsewhere.

We caught wind last night of talk that the Cowboys may jump into this thing. Apparently, they have, with both feet.

Either way, it looks like Asomugha will be on NBC in primetime on Sunday night, September 11. The only question is whether he’ll be wearing a silver helmet, or a white one.

Cythim

Reaction score
I've been first in line for a Nnamdi jersey, been sitting here with my iPhone ever since word was out that he would be a FA :kool

Reaction score
Someone else mentioned this in another thread, and I do agree... all the powerhouse teams in the NFC have elite passing attacks.

Nnamdi will help shut down Hicks/Smith/Manningham, Jackson/Maclin, White/Jones, Colston, etc etc etc

Cythim

Reaction score
btw... Revis acknowledged that Nnamdi is the best CB in the league. Go find sbk and tell him I was right.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If Jerry really wants this guy I don't see how we get beat out, so just prepare yourselves for the news to break.

Cythim

Reaction score
Someone else mentioned this in another thread, and I do agree... all the powerhouse teams in the NFC have elite passing attacks.

Nnamdi will help shut down Hicks/Smith/Manningham, Jackson/Maclin, White/Jones, Colston, etc etc etc

Are you trying to sell yourself on Nnamdi? Homer.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I still dont think we're signing him, but if we did food for thought:

Maybe they do keep Newman and just have him restructure. They start him and NA at CB, and Mike Jenkins might move to FS. Alot of scouting write ups on Jenkins from 2008 mentioned he could be moved to FS and be ideal there. You could always move him back to CB later if/when necessary.

Cythim

Reaction score
I don't like Newman at CB across from Nnamdi. QBs will throw at Newman and he cannot play the ball in the air.

Reaction score
Are you trying to sell yourself on Nnamdi? Homer.

Yes. Sort of.

I mean, I know pass rush is king, but todays NFL QB's get the ball out of their hands so quick, you need corners.

Besides... maybe Nnamdi helps Ware break the single season sack record.

Reaction score
caplannfl Adam Caplan by _JETSON
To add fuel to the fire on Asomugha, player source said Dallas, not NYJ, #1 on his list. Problem is Dallas needs to clear up cap space.
23 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Cythim

Reaction score
Cap space? All we need to do is restructure a few deals and we will have plenty of that! :kool

Reaction score
nickeatman Nick Eatman
Interesting practice observation- stephen jones and Rob ryan chatting on the sidelines with ryan talking to someone on Stephen's phone .Hmm

Top Bottom