bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
A college team forum I do to has a "karma" option. You can either applaud a post or smite a post.

Most peoples smites far outweigh their applauds

Reaction score
Dcu should have its own original judgments. Not like or hate. People end up here to get away from the insipid other places.

Green balloon is good.

The like should be something like "that doesn't suck"

And the hate should be like "go home idgit"

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dcu should have its own original judgments. Not like or hate. People end up here to get away from the insipid other places.

Green balloon is good.

The like should be something like "that doesn't suck"

And the hate should be like "go home idgit"
Right now it's just generic and out of the box, and doesn't have a "dislike" option. There's another Mod that does have that, might be the one we eventually go with but i agree, the generic "like" and "thanks" terms are lame.

Reaction score
Green balloon is excellent, amigos.

"Bowtie" if something is super flaming dumb and faggity.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We seem to be wanting a system that has "likes" and "dislikes" that we would change the terms of? I ask because, this one installed right now is "likes" only and doesn't have "dislikes." That's what I meant when I said earlier we might not be using this, we might need the other one.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think it's a good idea and I agree that it should be something unique to DCU but you can't make it "unprofessional", if you know what I mean. As a board, our goal should be to get more people to post and I don't want to see something that will make the board seem amateurish. Some folks here may think that sounds stupid but I like this place and want to see it grow. Board etiquette (a.k.a. edicate) gentlemen.........

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I've disabled that crappy one for now, looking at options.

Top Bottom