dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Believe it or not, it has been said that Miami's best OL is Connor Williams. Yes, our Conner Williams. He was playing center for them. He's out for the year.

Now, I've always liked Connor. I thought he was playing out of position and he should have been at RT and La'el should have been at G. BUt "their best OL"?
CW was a good player for us. His only real downside was he led the league in holding penalties while he was here (by a wide margin)

AND OH GOLLY GEEEEEEE...he goes to another team and suddenly he never holds anymore....its like a miracle or something

NOT

Mustang1

0le Ball Coach
Reaction score
We need immediate help on our defensive line. Losing Hankins has hurt us . I am at a point where I would welcome some temporary help from Suh. I know he is not popular among Cowboys fans but we are very thin going into post season. I don’t think Mazi Smith is ready to anchor and pulling Carl Davis off the practice squad won’t work. Suh would at least help us down the stretch. He is fresh and would give us quality minutes in my opinion. Buffalo kicked our ass and exposed what we already know. Losing Diggs, Vanderesch, Hankins, has hurt us. Our linebackers are small and get exploited. Quinn has his work cutout in figuring a solution if we are going to advance in the playoffs. Right now this season is beginning to feel like all the previous seasons. Without immediate change we are destined to another early exit from the playoffs. We are just not quite there right now. If I were in charge I would draft the crap out of defensive linemen, linebackers, and offensive linemen next season. In addition I would do whatever I could do to bring Gilmore and Tyron Smith back. On another note some of MMS play calling was suspect. I was surprised that he did not challenge downfield several times to get Buffalo defenders to back off. Even if the deep ball was not there we should have pressed it several times. Penalties at critical times hurt us. We did not lose this game because of officiating. This was a good ole fashion butt whipping by a hungry team trying to squeeze into the playoffs.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We need immediate help on our defensive line. Losing Hankins has hurt us . I am at a point where I would welcome some temporary help from Suh. I know he is not popular among Cowboys fans but we are very thin going into post season. I don’t think Mazi Smith is ready to anchor and pulling Carl Davis off the practice squad won’t work. Suh would at least help us down the stretch. He is fresh and would give us quality minutes in my opinion. Buffalo kicked our ass and exposed what we already know. Losing Diggs, Vanderesch, Hankins, has hurt us. Our linebackers are small and get exploited. Quinn has his work cutout in figuring a solution if we are going to advance in the playoffs. Right now this season is beginning to feel like all the previous seasons. Without immediate change we are destined to another early exit from the playoffs. We are just not quite there right now. If I were in charge I would draft the crap out of defensive linemen, linebackers, and offensive linemen next season. In addition I would do whatever I could do to bring Gilmore and Tyron Smith back. On another note some of MMS play calling was suspect. I was surprised that he did not challenge downfield several times to get Buffalo defenders to back off. Even if the deep ball was not there we should have pressed it several times. Penalties at critical times hurt us. We did not lose this game because of officiating. This was a good ole fashion butt whipping by a hungry team trying to squeeze into the playoffs.
Suh hasnt been playing any. I don't see what he is going to do off the couch at this time of the year. It'd take him a few weeks to even get game ready and even then, how many snaps a game is he really going to be effective for?

Most of Buffalo's success running came outside the OT's, so not sure what difference Suh (or even Hankins) would have made yesterday. Our LB's and safeties cant get to the edges to cut off plays.

As for the refs comment, they may not have "lost" the game but they certainly made sure we'd have little chance to win it, and they definitely handed the Bills a lot of points they would not have gotten otherwise. It was an absurdly poor officiated game. Only game this yr the Bills had fewer than 4 penalties (they had 1) and in 9 of 13 games they had 5+

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Holy shit BB, you and Miss Blue should be prosecuted for putting this on the internet.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I dont know where the food poisoning stuff came from, according to multiple reports (even during the week) it was stomach flu.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We can't win without Emmitt Smith...I mean without Hankins.

One player is out and suddenly nobody can play football anymore.

Hankins is thinking $$$$$$

I'm exaggerating. But, in the back of my mind is "how much will Dak want this time around". I hate the fact that Jerry doesn't even pretend to have other options in mind. I thought Jerry was a good negotiator. At least pretend by saying, "We believe in always improving the team. If a QB were to somehow fall to us, say a Dan Marino situation, we'd have to look at it".

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Gotta fix this.

Rinse and repeat. It's a formula that works. I don't know why more teams don't run basically the same play over and over until the other team shows it can stop it.

On a side note, one of these days a player is going to get seriously hurt somersaulting. I don't understand why players risk injury doing that stupid move.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

There's only so much they can do about it. The pre-snap penalties are something they have to work on.

But the judgement calls, many of those we are called for and see the other team do the exact same thing (or worse) and it's completely ignored.

People also act like we have far and away more penalties than anyone in the league. Going into yesterday we led the league, but several teams were right there with us (including the Bills, who were averaging less than 1 penalty a game less than us) and what happened? We got called for several game changing penalties and the Bills had one accepted penalty all game.

And until the absolutely mind blowing crap with Parsons and no-holding calls stops, anyone that wants to argue to me that we lose because we commit too many penalties and are "undisciplined" can eat a dick.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We can't win without Emmitt Smith...I mean without Hankins.

One player is out and suddenly nobody can play football anymore.

Hankins is thinking $$$$$$

I'm exaggerating. But, in the back of my mind is "how much will Dak want this time around". I hate the fact that Jerry doesn't even pretend to have other options in mind. I thought Jerry was a good negotiator. At least pretend by saying, "We believe in always improving the team. If a QB were to somehow fall to us, say a Dan Marino situation, we'd have to look at it".
I don't think Hankins would have made much of a difference yesterday. They were getting outside the tackles consistently, and Hankins isnt going to do much to impact those plays. Mazi Smith actually played reasonably well and was one of the higher graded defensive players for us yesterday.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I wonder why it is that people made such a huge deal about Connor Williams leading in holds, but Tyler Smith leading in holds seems to be not talked about much.
Connor Williams had more holding calls than anyone in the league for a 4yr period while he was with us.

Of course as I noted elsewhere, now that he is gone he is flagged at a much lower rate than he was here.

In both cases, several of the holding calls were pretty dubious. Some couldnt be disputed, but there were several that were complete phantom jobs or had little to no impact on the play itself.

Top Bottom