dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I've only read 10 pages thus far and I see a common opinion......and that's making some excuses for Dak. Listen folks, I get it...the D sucked and embarrassed themselves and the refs gave the game away early. But you can't be an MVP candidate and have 28 yards passing with 1:38 left in the half. This is the issue with Dak. He's a GREAT complimentary QB when everything is going great. But when shit is just falling apart around you, you need to lead. It's one of Parcells' rules for a QB. Even if we don't win that game I take away something positive if Dak played well. The biggest issue on Sunday wasn't the D. The biggest issue was the guy under center that has to play well if we are to make any noise in the playoffs.
He played awful, no other way to describe it.

We needed him to be good and he wasn't.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Drew Lock just did more to help win Dallas the Division with that one throw with 28 seconds left vs Philly than Dak did all game long yesterday vs the Bills
If both teams win out, Philly is probably going to win the division (based on NFL Playoff Predictor). I'm not sure if it comes down to W/L in common games or Strength of Victory in all games. If it's the latter then what other teams do the rest of the way matters.

We really need Philly to lose one game. If we win out they could lose to NYG or Arizona, however if we lose to Miami we'd have to win our last two and Philly would HAVE to lose once to NYG.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That said, it still wasn't the right official call. It should have been the 5yd variety.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The league's ultimate douche bag coach strikes again. He's perfect for that shitpile organization.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Mazi had his 1st NFL sack and had another legit QB pressure in this game.

The 12 missed tackles thing seems grossly under-reported. It was genuinely odd though, I think we were 1st or 2nd in the league in fewest missed tackles going into this game.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If playoffs started today:

NFC:

1) San Fran
2) Dallas (if both Philly and Dallas win out and finish 13-4, Philly will almost assuredly win the division based on strength of victory)
3) Detroit
4) Tampa
5) Philly
6) Minnesota
7) LA Rams

LA Rams at Dallas
Minnesota at Detroit (this would mark 3 matchups with them in 4 weeks)
Philly at Tampa
San Fran Bye

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This was the play I was referencing where the Bills player walked to the ref and cried for a hold, and they gave it to him after the play was over.

Top Bottom