Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Broaddus said the loss isn't on Dak and he is right. BUT, there are wins that are also not on Dak.

It's 2024 and we still pretend like the QB is the only player on the field when it comes to evaluating the QB performance.

How about this? The only yards that should count towards the QBs rating are the yards that the ball travels through the air, not the yards that the receiver gets after the catch. The QB has little to do with that.

If a QB throws a 5 yard pass and the receiver takes it 95 yards, why does that count as 100 yards for the QB?

Similarly, the only "TD passes" that should count for QB ratings are passes that are actually thrown into the end zone.

There are a lot of stats like that that that if changed, I think, we'd see different stories when it comes to some QB ratings.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Think Andy Reid will still be talking about how much they love Kadarius Toney and how muc he can do for them?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Broaddus said the loss isn't on Dak and he is right. BUT, there are wins that are also not on Dak.

It's 2024 and we still pretend like the QB is the only player on the field when it comes to evaluating the QB performance.

How about this? The only yards that should count towards the QBs rating are the yards that the ball travels through the air, not the yards that the receiver gets after the catch. The QB has little to do with that.

If a QB throws a 5 yard pass and the receiver takes it 95 yards, why does that count as 100 yards for the QB?

Similarly, the only "TD passes" that should count for QB ratings are passes that are actually thrown into the end zone.

There are a lot of stats like that that that if changed, I think, we'd see different stories when it comes to some QB ratings.
Thats where QBR (not QB rating) comes into play. Along with some of the other metrics that weight how efficient and etc etc a QB is playing.

Prescott didnt have a good game today, but he's been at the top of the league in all those other metrics until today, especially since the end of the Niners game.

Bottom line is if your defense gives up 30+ points and nearly 300 yds rushing, it really doesnt matter much what your QB does.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Think Andy Reid will still be talking about how much they love Kadarius Toney and how muc he can do for them?

Maybe Mahomes should learn to tighten his belt and live with a few million less to get a better WR.

"What, no way man. Times are tough"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That's a perfect example of what I was getting at in a previous post. Somehow, this will still count as "a win for Josh Allen" when it comes to QB stats.
And Prescott gets an "L" for today, even though he was hardly the sole reason they lost.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Shame on McCarthy for not getting the challenge flag out (although he didnt have much time) but the fumble was obvious even live. The refs saw it and still tried to say he was down.

Along with the BS DLaw roughing call and the wrong call on Sam Williams for the roughing the punter, these were 3 huge plays in the game.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Thats where QBR (not QB rating) comes into play. Along with some of the other metrics that weight how efficient and etc etc a QB is playing.

Prescott didnt have a good game today, but he's been at the top of the league in all those other metrics until today, especially since the end of the Niners game.

Bottom line is if your defense gives up 30+ points and nearly 300 yds rushing, it really doesnt matter much what your QB does.
You're right, but Dak (the offense) needs to counter that. Somehow, some way. If that means Dak has to call his own number a few times, then so be it. It was a critical game.

Romo used to let the clock go to 0.5 because he wanted to see what the D looked like at the last second. I noticed the announcers commenting that the Bills were making sure not to do what the D was showing. Okay, as the QB, you need to figure that out.

I recall Romo throwing 5 INTs in Buffalo. They had him confused early. Then, Romo figured it out and we won with a Nick Folk FG.

You get paid huge bucks to figure it out. At 14-0, instead of playing the drop-back game in those conditions, that's when you need the running game.

A team has to be able to run the football. It saves the D from being worn down. Forget the chunk plays. Go old-school Bill Parcells OJ Anderson/Joe Morris style.

But it's hard to do when you haven't done it all year. If the team is up by 21, don't keep throwing. Challenge your OL to run-block! If they go 3 and out then that's coaching material. Use the fact that you're up by 17, or 21 to work on establishing your running game, not winning Dak the MVP or setting him up for his next contract.

But yes, defensively, we couldn't stop the run, but that too isn't all that surprising. IMHO, we are a bit small at LB.

Earlier I made an analogy to the Dan Fouts Chargers. We're also a bit like the 90s Bills. We can put up lots of points. We're "Machine-gun Kelly", but when we face a hard-nosed black-and-blue team that is good, like the 90s Cowboys, we lose.

To be clear, a team like that can win it all. Look at "the greatest show on turf." But I think it's less likely. We need, for example, the NIners, who are the bullies, to get upset and knocked out.

I doubt we'll beat Philly again since they will probably have home-field advantage when it's all done.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
And Prescott gets an "L" for today, even though he was hardly the sole reason they lost.
QBs should not be spoken of as getting W or Ls. I disagree with that when commentators do that. It's hard to do, but I personally try to look at each play individually and I try to say. "Hey, great play by CeeDee there, he made that completion happen or, wow, great tight window throw by Dak.

Like I was watching the Titans-Texans game earlier (and getting totally confused by the Titans wearing the Houston Oilers uniform) and Will Levis made a couple of throws that were clearly saved by the WRs. They should have been INTs.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
he missed the bomb to Cooks and it was all downhill from there
It seemed like Dak was high to Brandin Cooks all day. It's one reason why height matters, but also the rain might have affected Dak's throws.

I don't know what the wind was like inside the stadium. I recall that the wind in that stadium wasn't the same as outside of it. I know that's weird, but it's just how it was.

Then again, it might be because I used to have seats up high.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
So Broaddus seems to have taken exception to calling Mazi a bust. He did his usual BS of "watch the 22".

Well, it might be too soon to declare him a bust, But, I don't think it is too soon to declare him a bad pick.

Your number one pick needs to be a good player who is at least rotating in the starting lineup on a consistent basis by mid-season (at the very least).

Otherwise, that player should not have been a first round pick. The brass missed on Mazi even if Mazi turns out great in year 3.

I see several other players that could have made more of a year 1 contribution.

The entire 2023 draft class hasn't produced much impact. Of course, a lot of that is because we already have a very good team, but still you'd like a couple of them to flash.

So far, undrafted TJ Bass might be the best one in 2023.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Mahomes and Reid embarrassed themselves by how big a fit they threw, and Toney embarrasses himself...well, in everything he does. Or doesn't. He's a complete and total waste.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That was an absolute mess by Jacksonville to end the half. For those not watching, Lawrence completed a bomb to Zay Jones to get threm around the 10. Clock's still running, but instead of spiking the ball, they lined up in the shotgun and completed a two yard out to Washington, who couldn't get out of bounds and the half ended without them scoring. Just piss poor execution.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
BTW, I know it's been reported that Belichick will be gone at the end of the year (and the Patriots would never ever purposefully tank), but the conspiracy theorist in means thinks the Patriots are intentionally setting themselves up for a franchise QB.

Remember that Belichick is also the guy who spied on other teams, etc.

Yeah, he'd have Herbert in LA, and it would be a nice change of scenery, but I'm not yet sold.

Top Bottom