Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Vince McMahon is looking to start up the XFL or something similar to it again.
c1d7dcb31de5ddd75014777348009846.jpg

I guess there is no better time than now to try to revive that shit show. Especially with the loss of viewership because of the national anthem bullshit.

If McMahon came in with a new brand, hyped the flag and national anthem before the games, pushed the America’s game angle and all the rah rah America stuff he might have a chance to get it off the ground and gain some of the lost veiwership that the NFL lost due to the NA fiasco

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Note: I believe it would still fail in the end. Unless he turns it into a legit woman’s lingerie league or something. That might succeed if marketed correctly

I know it’s been tried in the past but I believe with all this sexual assault/harassment claims that are taking down all these celebrities that there is no better time than now for some glorification and objectification of women in lingerie

Speaking of this latest trend of women coming out with claims of sexual assault from decades earlier that end up taking down huge celebrities or heads of companies, where the hell are all the Jerry Jones accusers? (You just know there has to be hundreds of them from over the years)

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
247Sports

It’s being reported from multiple sources now

Maybe there is something to this story

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I guess there is no better time than now to try to revive that shit show.
You might be unaware that the NFL adopted many of the XFL innovations after it ceased. Brought on the 2 point conversion for one but there were several others. There was a quite informative 30 for 30 piece on it not too long ago.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It was around for one season

I vaguely remember that it existed. But not much more

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The NFL should invest in this so there's a place for players to continue to develop after college

Reaction score
Now is a good time, but it needs to be a serious football league to have a chance. Drop the gimmick bullshit like the He Hate Me crap.

Here's a free, sure to bring in viewers disgruntled with the NFL, bit of advice that is potentially worth tens of millions of dollars: the league slogan should be - "No Politics, Just Football."

You're welcome.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It’s the perfect league for the likes of Randy Gregory and Greg Hardy

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Each team can send their castaways there and have their own team such as the Ex-Cowboys, Ex-Steelers and do on

It’s where all the losers that get kicked out of the NFL can go

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The XFL was garbage, but I wish something like the USFL would make a return.

With all the retardedness of the NFL now, there's an opening for a well run league to compete with them again.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Note: I believe it would still fail in the end. Unless he turns it into a legit woman’s lingerie league or something. That might succeed if marketed correctly

I know it’s been tried in the past but I believe with all this sexual assault/harassment claims that are taking down all these celebrities that there is no better time than now for some glorification and objectification of women in lingerie

Speaking of this latest trend of women coming out with claims of sexual assault from decades earlier that end up taking down huge celebrities or heads of companies, where the hell are all the Jerry Jones accusers? (You just know there has to be hundreds of them from over the years)

Jerry must have some mad game and huge schlong. Money alone wouldn’t keep them from talking. They could really get paid by speaking out. Now i guess it is possible that Jerry is such a good salesman and those girls are such idiots that they bought his whole inventory of snake oil.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
You might be unaware that the NFL adopted many of the XFL innovations after it ceased. Brought on the 2 point conversion for one but there were several others. There was a quite informative 30 for 30 piece on it not too long ago.

The camera over the middle of the field was also an XFL thing.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

With all the retardedness of the NFL now, there's an opening for a well run league to compete with them again.

One of the biggest obstacles is what day and time should it be on. It can’t be on Sunday. On Saturday they would be competing against college football. Then factor in that playing in summer has never worked either.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Amen. For at least a couple of years, I loved the USFL. Would love to see it make a return somehow.

Unfortunately, McMahon's circus would probably be the opposite, more like a Jerry Jones type league.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I’m picturing an Arena league type feel with wrestlers

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Amen. For at least a couple of years, I loved the USFL. Would love to see it make a return somehow.

They were able to get really good, legit players and had a number of outstanding coaches.

I think it might have a better chance of success now, because when they tried this back in the early/mid 80's the NFL was invincible. It's not that way anymore.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Top Bottom