spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Real test for me is next week when Seattle hosts a game in Seahawk stadium. Yeah, same ballpark. Will it be an empty cavern? If not, if it has a strong crowd, it's gonna give the XFL real legitimacy.

I think the league certainly didn't hurt itself today. TV ratings will be telltale.

I'm also curious to see what the New York Guardians attendance is, because they are playing in the home of the Jets/Giants.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Damn

I was working and didn’t even realize that the games were on today

Totally missed it

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Thx

I set it to record

How were the games today?

Were they worth watching? Or were they subpar and like watching the preseason NFL games once the 3rd and 4th stringers are in?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
How were the games today?

Were they worth watching? Or were they subpar and like watching the preseason NFL games once the 3rd and 4th stringers are in?
Really good. Players were sharp, well coached and capable.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Greg Olson is the announcer for today’s game

Did he even retire yet?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm also curious to see what the New York Guardians attendance is
Bottom tier only was sold. But, they pretty much filled it on the home side and the end zones, a little bit sparse looking on the visitor side but still ample. It's a good opening day crowd and they are noisy, engaged and entertained. Home team leading 17-0 at the half.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Early in the process, but ol' Vince might pull this off. I give him props for trying it again, and in the words of one writer, he's using innovation, not gimmicks this time.
What does everybody think?
Think his end game to be a quasi developmental league for the NFL, or a standalone alternative that's not actually in direct competition? It could well be both now that I think about.
IMO, the NFL could stand some competition, for both players and money. Pretty interesting watching the Fox broadcast yesterday and see them promoting their own betting site.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Early in the process, but ol' Vince might pull this off. I give him props for trying it again, and in the words of one writer, he's using innovation, not gimmicks this time.
What does everybody think?
Think his end game to be a quasi developmental league for the NFL, or a standalone alternative that's not actually in direct competition? It could well be both now that I think about.
IMO, the NFL could stand some competition, for both players and money. Pretty interesting watching the Fox broadcast yesterday and see them promoting their own betting site.
I think Vince still just wants to stick it in their ass. He'll want to grow it but keep it alternative, his own little product that fills a need. There's no profit to be made going head to head with a juggernaut.

His complete and total absence from sight helps the product as much as anything else about it. He's using a much more professional and intelligent approach this time. This league can earn validity pretty quick, from what all I'm seeing so far.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It’s kinda strange/interesting watching a football game where I have zero rooting affiliations whatsoever and can just enjoy the sport as a whole without any bias

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It’s kinda strange/interesting watching a football game where I have zero rooting affiliations whatsoever and can just enjoy the sport as a whole without any bias
I have biases in this game. I hate Gilbride and Glanville. But they're on opposite sidelines so it evens out.

The kickoff is a football play in this league, by the way. Have you seen it yet?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I’m kinda in and out on the game so I’m only catching bits and pieces

So far I like what I see

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just realized something

This is the XFL

Where the hell are the half nekked, g-string wearing cheerleaders?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That game fucking sucked. NOT at all the product they want to put out. The Rent-a-Gays looked exactly like a Garrett-coached team.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That game fucking sucked. NOT at all the product they want to put out. The Rent-a-Gays looked exactly like a Garrett-coached team.

The best part of the game was Kings PERFECT punt that got fucked off by his own team who rolled it into the end zone instead of just leaving it the fuck alone and letting it stop on the half yard line

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score

We'll see what they look like with Landry Jones at QB. If they look like this again, Dallas is gonna have a problem.

Top Bottom