Reaction score
Saturday:
New York Guardians vs DC Defenders 1:00 PM CT ABC
Tampa Bay Vipers vs Seattle Dragons 4:00 PM CT FOX

Sunday:
Dallas Renegades vs LA Wildcats 2:00 PM CT ABC
St. Louis Battlehawks vs Houston Roughnecks 5:00 PM CT FS1

Betting odds:

The first week of the XFL was fun. Looking forward to Week 2.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I only watched bits and pieces of the first 3 games this weekend, although I did watch the Battlehawks-Roughnecks and it was a great game. Glad to see the Renegades finally win one too!

InternetKing

The Elite :-P
Reaction score

The XFL coaches aren’t happy about how much of their play calling was shown on the tv broadcasts

it would be like the baseball cheat , just listen the plays on tv on mobile and let the team know the plays.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I had to work today and missed the game

So I recorded it

I don’t know, I just can’t get into the new league and teams yet. There is really not much of a draw for me

At least with College games you can watch for the potential draft pool of new players that will be available for the NFL

But with the XFL you basically have all the guys who couldn’t make it into the NFL, or the failed experiments that made it into the league but couldn’t hack it

There are a few exceptions. But not many. At the end of the season the 5-6 players that might deserve a shot back in the NFL will be gone

Then this league will truly be the leftovers of the NFL and for those that weren’t good enough out of college

Change my mind.....

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I had to work today and missed the game

So I recorded it

I don’t know, I just can’t get into the new league and teams yet. There is really not much of a draw for me

At least with College games you can watch for the potential draft pool of new players that will be available for the NFL

But with the XFL you basically have all the guys who couldn’t make it into the NFL, or the failed experiments that made it into the league but couldn’t hack it

There are a few exceptions. But not many. At the end of the season the 5-6 players that might deserve a shot back in the NFL will be gone

Then this league will truly be the leftovers of the NFL and for those that weren’t good enough out of college

Change my mind.....

I can understand that perspective.

The thing for me is after NFL and CFB season, I crave more football. I'm not a golf person, not a NBA person (I used to be, but that changed because of the whole China thing), not a baseball person (I watch the college tournament in the summer and if either the Astros or Rangers are in the playoffs in the fall), and outside of the Stars I don't really care about the NHL. I do like college basketball, though.

I say all that to say that the XFL offering me well produced and well played (mostly) football is something that interests me inherently. I will watch a minor league football product and I enjoy it. Heck, I went out of my to watch and keep up with arena and indoor football up until a few years ago.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong

I “want” to like it

I’m just not seeing anything that is drawing me in yet

Plus I’m not crazy about the split screen showing both coaches superimposed over the field and hearing the play calls from both sides at the same time

I get that they are trying to give the fans more access

I’m just not sure that is the type of access I need or want to see

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Plus I’m not crazy about the split screen showing both coaches superimposed over the field and hearing the play calls from both sides at the same time

I get that they are trying to give the fans more access

I’m just not sure that is the type of access I need or want to see

That is also understandable. It is kinda weird to see the play calls. At the same time you get situations like what happened in the NY-DC game where the QB and the coach are feuding live on national TV and it is something to see.

InternetKing

The Elite :-P
Reaction score
I can understand that perspective.

The thing for me is after NFL and CFB season, I crave more football. I'm not a golf person, not a NBA person (I used to be, but that changed because of the whole China thing), not a baseball person (I watch the college tournament in the summer and if either the Astros or Rangers are in the playoffs in the fall), and outside of the Stars I don't really care about the NHL. I do like college basketball, though.

What does NBA have to do with China.... what is going on?

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
What does NBA have to do with China.... what is going on?

Long story short: They sold out to China and when confronted about how morally bankrupt that was, the league, players, coaches, and media response was "America sucks too, screw you for judging us". Ever since, I haven't watched a single NBA game or listened to a NBA podcast or kept up with NBA news.

Oddly enough, the XFL ratings are around the same or better than current NBA ratings.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Saturday:
Houston Roughnecks vs Tampa Bay Vipers 1:00 PM CT ABC
Dallas Renegades vs Seattle Dragons 4:00 PM CT FOX

Sunday:
New York Guardians vs St. Louis Battlehawks 2:00 PM CT ESPN
DC Defenders vs Los Angeles Wildcats 5:00 PM CT FS1

Betting odds:

Excitement! Week 3 boys!

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Both games were good today. I give the Oilers... er... Roughnecks for pulling out a tough road win and the same for the Renegades. Hopefully, tomorrow has good results too.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Just heard that viewership is way down for week 3. That is not good news for this new young league.

But on the bright side attendance is up at the games

They may need to bring in some big titty bouncers in g-strings again to keep this thing afloat if the viewership keeps dropping

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Just heard that viewership is way down for week 3. That is not good news for this new young league.

But on the bright side attendance is up at the games

They may need to bring in some big titty bouncers in g-strings again to keep this thing afloat if the viewership keeps dropping

League doesn't act like it's real concerned, they say 2 million viewers is fine with them.
Attendance at the games is up.
Also like to mention I missed 2 of the games this weekend because my local ABC affiliate is having a pissing contest with Dish.

Top Bottom