Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
DC plays its home games at Audi Field, a purpose-built soccer stadium that's home to the MLS DC soccer team. Its capacity is 20,000 and they have it filled for this game.

Annnnnd it's a good football game. "More football, less bullshit" should be the XFL's slogan. Very few penalties, a whole lot less nonsense. Lots of hitting going on, and like any league whether pro or college, the defense is a lot further along than the offense at this point.

We get to hear the coach talking to the QB throughout (the communication is never cut off between them), lots of the players are mic'd up, and even the overhead drone has a boom mic on it. Sideline reporters get to interview players literally as they come off the field, I'm seeing a lot of candid comments from the players.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dragons score a TD on a inside swing pass, they made the try for 1. 13-9 Seattle. Halftime.

EDIT - Ensuing kickoff did not cross the opponent 20 yard line, so by rule the ball was placed at the kicking team's 45 with 20 seconds left on the clock. DC was able to get into FG range on a Jones scramble, then DC clocked the ball to stop the clock with 3 seconds left. 56 yard FG attempt was good, and the halftime score is 13-12 Seattle.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
DC Defendors march right down the field for a TD which came on a nice catch and run by their big bull of a TE off the flea-flicker. Pass had nice touch by Jones. Try for 1 was good with a quick toss left, and the score is now 19-13 DC. 11 minutes left 3rd qtr.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Seattle strikes right back with a 4 play 85 yd drive. TD came on a 77 yard wag route catch by the slot guy who happens to be a 4.6 speedster and outran the DC secondary down the right sideline. 19-19 is the score as the try for 1 failed.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Defendors... 31 yd TD pass. Try for 1 failed. 25-19 DC. 1:45 left 3rd qtr.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The game is deteriorating... Seattle just gave up a 69 yard pick six. DC's try for 1 failed. Score is 31-19 DC. 12:43 left 4th qtr.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
LAWildcats at Houston Roughnecks.

Houston already caught 'em with a bomb on a sluggo... 7 zip Houston.

Curt Menefee keeps calling them the Renegades. He needs to lay off the sauce.

10 minutes left, 1st qtr.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
LA scores on a nice little 8 yd QB bootleg. Backup QB outta Princeton is playing, starter hurt in practice. Try for 2 was good, 8-6 LA with 7:39 left 1st qtr.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
14-12 now, LA. Houston just scored on a screen pass to the RB from about 30 yards out. Try for 2 failed.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
LA tacks on a FG after a clock eating drive. Its 17-12 now. Houston makes a big KR though and is in business at the LA 40 with 1:18 left in the half.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
39 yd TD strike by Houston. Try for 2 intercepted. Score is 18-17 Houston with 1:03 left in the half.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Houston, short TD pass after a crisp drive. Try for 2 is good on a QB keeper around right end. 26-17 Houston with 9 minutes left 3rd qtr.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I didn't get a chance to watch the Seattle-DC game, but this LA-Houston game is great. Spring football is awesome!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I didn't get a chance to watch the Seattle-DC game,
They really botched it in the last 9 game-clock minutes, with endless stupid booth reviews and a bunch of nonsensical penalties, the end of that game was a clusterfuck. Really really not the product they want to put out. I hope some asses get chewed, they ruined what was a pretty good up-tempo game. It took a full 40 minutes to play out that last 9 minutes.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
They really botched it in the last 9 game-clock minutes, with endless stupid booth reviews and a bunch of nonsensical penalties, the end of that game was a clusterfuck. Really really not the product they want to put out. I hope some asses get chewed, they ruined what was a pretty good up-tempo game. It took a full 40 minutes to play out that last 9 minutes.

What was the crowd like? The reason I ask is because these fans in Houston are HYPED.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
What was the crowd like? The reason I ask is because these fans in Houston are HYPED.
Loud and proud, full stadium. Smallish and intimate stadium though, really steep bleachers. Like a Roman arena.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I see. I wonder what Globe Life is gonna be like tomorrow.
Real test for me is next week when Seattle hosts a game in Seahawk stadium. Yeah, same ballpark. Will it be an empty cavern? If not, if it has a strong crowd, it's gonna give the XFL real legitimacy.

I think the league certainly didn't hurt itself today. TV ratings will be telltale.

Top Bottom