Will Jason Garrett head coach in the NFL again?

• Total voters

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And the thing is, what's he gonna say exactly, in the interview? He's gonna pump sunshine. Tell Jerruh what a fantastic roster he's built. The hay is in the barn. All that shit. He knows better. He wanted the fucking J-O-B so there's no way he lays it out straight. There will be roster changes but mostly only for economic reasons. And Mike may have some say on who comes in. But it won't be enough to fix 24 years of shit.

The more I think about it after seeing this playoff season, the more I am convinced we need a total rebuild job. Trade Dak and Zeke while they still have mythical value. Trade a couple of the o-linemen and most of the DL. Trade Cooper. Pile up draft picks and let McCarthy build the fucking thing the way HE wants.

We all know that's not gonna happen. This is why we know the NYG gonna be in the NFC title game before we ever are.

Just thinking out loud but the Jones boys were pretty sold on MM and pushed the old man to sign him rather than wait and do further interviews. That may be a good sign moving forward...not that I'd bet my house on it, but just maybe a different culture is brewing.

I agree that watching the championship games was depressing in a sense that it just reaffirms how far we truly are. We've got a ways to go but we know that. I believe this thing has to get blown up and the team we'll see 2 or 3 years from now will be completely different. But it has to start somewhere.

If anything, this year should be interesting, if not fun. What will MM bring to the table? Will Zeke, Coop and others tap out? Will Jimmy get into the RoH and will Jerry have to acknowledge his true contributions? I'd bet Jerry dreads the fact that he won't be able to sugar coat it any longer; he can't claim he negotiation the Walker trade, etc. Jimmy's in the HoF now now and I'd bet he's going to protect that legacy. And speaking of Jimmy, the first people he mentioned when he got the HoF nod were his assistant coaches and great players. Jerry mentions Jerry and minimizes every else's contributions. He's a narcissistic psychopath.

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
410a361a621bf2aac5410b7456067142.jpg

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
garrett already has 3 of his guys on staff. the HC's job is already in jeopardy. after a couple bad losing streaks you better believe that backstabber garrett is comin for that ass

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Kris "what do interception mean?" Richard can't be far behind.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Garrett doesn't matter here. We'll get to see what he can do without Jerry pulling his puppet strings, is all.

Say what you will, but Jerry gave Garrett every opportunity. The predictable playcalling, bad time management, getting out coached constantly...none of that has anything to do with Jerry pulling puppet strings. Any other competant HC would have been able to make do with this roster.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The more I think about it after seeing this playoff season, the more I am convinced we need a total rebuild job. Trade Dak and Zeke while they still have mythical value. Trade a couple of the o-linemen and most of the DL. Trade Cooper. Pile up draft picks and let McCarthy build the fucking thing the way HE wants.

We all know that's not gonna happen. This is why we know the NYG gonna be in the NFC title game before we ever are.

You trade Zeke right now, and you eat close to $20 million in dead money. If MM is what he's hype to be, he'll find a way to utilize Zeke. Zeke is the best RB he's ever had.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You trade Zeke right now, and you eat close to $20 million in dead money
More like 24.5 million if done right now.... You don't do it "right now." You wait until after 6/1 and unload him - the dead money spreads out over two years and you actually wind up with 750K overall cap savings.

zekecap.jpg

Who's he gonna outrun? Nobody. Who's he gonna be able to juke? Nobody. Who's even scared of him anymore? Nobody. We never should have given him this idiotic deal.

Unload him and draft a speedy, nifty back. Not another lugger. This draft is full of better guys without the baggage and the massive salary and cap implications.

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
More like 24.5 million if done right now.... You don't do it "right now." You wait until after 6/1 and unload him - the dead money spreads out over two years and you actually wind up with 750K overall cap savings.

View attachment 6059

Who's he gonna outrun? Nobody. Who's he gonna be able to juke? Nobody. Who's even scared of him anymore? Nobody. We never should have given him this idiotic deal.

Unload him and draft a speedy, nifty back. Not another lugger. This draft is full of better guys without the baggage and the massive salary and cap implications.
I agree. It was a HUGE mistake to draft a runningback so high and an even bigger mistake to pay him like they did.

Al Uminium

Big Al comin' at ya!
Reaction score
Zeke is also by FAR the best player on the Cowboys.
Thats not saying much at this point. Hershel Walker was by FAR the best player on the 89 Cowboys too. Some guy who didn't have cultish ideas saw draft picks instead. That guy is going in the hall of fame while that 'best player' is going where exactly anyttime soon? Runningbacks are a short shelf life commodity and their trade value plummets almost as fast as their dropoff in production does after a few years. They should have dealt him instead of giving him that huge contract. Didnt they learn anything from how they handled Demarco Murray? Oh yeah thats right, he was by FAR their best player back then too, and they smartly let Philadelphia give him the big bucks and get nothing in return for their 43 million. A whole 700 yards. They wound up trading him for a 4th round draft pick swap.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Thats not saying much at this point. Hershel Walker was by FAR the best player on the 89 Cowboys too. Some guy who didn't have cultish ideas saw draft picks instead. That guy is going in the hall of fame while that 'best player' is going where exactly anyttime soon? Runningbacks are a short shelf life commodity and their trade value plummets almost as fast as their dropoff in production does after a few years. They should have dealt him instead of giving him that huge contract. Didnt they learn anything from how they handled Demarco Murray? Oh yeah thats right, he was by FAR their best player back then too, and they smartly let Philadelphia give him the big bucks and get nothing in return for their 43 million. A whole 700 yards. They wound up trading him for a 4th round draft pick swap.

What an awful analogy. I'd give this 10 hates if I could.

You're really comparing the talent on the 89 Cowboys to our current team? That's Zoner-esque type intelligence there dude.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You're really comparing the talent on the 89 Cowboys to our current team?
If you only read the first sentence of his post, I can see where you're getting this. He wasn't comparing roster talent. The analogy actually was about falling in love with players and signing them to really stupid deals instead of trading them while they still have value. Jimmy recognized Walker was a good running back, but in his opinion not a great one. He wanted a great one and let some other team mortgage their whole future to have the good one. He wasn't enamored with the myth or the mystique of Walker. He saw him for what he was - draft picks.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Ok. They're in the last year of the CBA. Just don't think it'd be wise to make such a move. Zeke just got that big contract last season, you don't make him a June 1st cut one year into the new contract and last year of the CBA. That's just foolish.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Ok. They're in the last year of the CBA. Just don't think it'd be wise to make such a move. Zeke just got that big contract last season, you don't make him a June 1st cut one year into the new contract and last year of the CBA. That's just foolish.
Nobody said anything about cutting him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If you only read the first sentence of his post, I can see where you're getting this. He wasn't comparing roster talent. The analogy actually was about falling in love with players and signing them to really stupid deals instead of trading them while they still have value. Jimmy recognized Walker was a good running back, but in his opinion not a great one. He wanted a great one and let some other team mortgage their whole future to have the good one. He wasn't enamored with the myth or the mystique of Walker. He saw him for what he was - draft picks.

This isnt fucking true. Jimmy traded Herschel because it was a decrepit roster that needed a vast influx of talent. There was no real free agency then, so building through the draft was the only legit option. Jimmy realized this franchise needed draft capital to rebuild the roster, and found a sucker beyond belief for the one highly thought of piece of talent on the roster (other than rookie #1 pick Aikman, who wasnt available and was key to rebuilding the franchise). Waht herschel did on the 86-88 Cowboys was freaking elite shit, especially when one considers how bad those 87 and 88 teams were.

Top Bottom