Reaction score
I guess it's a way for them to be offended on behalf of someone since they can't do it themselves over anything.

Oh and sorry for the cliche June thread. What's your all NFC east team? Replace one member of the cowboys with one member of another team.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Beats me, pale face. Like gun control, liberals use the Redskins controversy to claim cultural superiority over other whites.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I'm not sure you have to be the target of something to make a determination as to whether or not it's wrong.

I'm not saying the name is wrong or right, just saying that some people can think in terms that extend beyond themselves.

Reaction score
Did you guys know that the word "girl" was once used to describe all young children?

True story. It wasn't until the 1600's that the word was used to describe only females.

Point of my story? The definition/meaning of a word changes based on its usage over time.

The term Redskins is associated with a sports team now. It is not a racial slur. I have never, ever, everevereverever heard it used as a racial slur.

People fabricate things to be 'offended' by. Like I always say... toughen up buttercup.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Actually it isn't just white people. There are many Native Americans that find the term offensive, and they are the ones that spearheaded the movement. Maybe if you would do a bit of resaearch on this subject, you might have saved yourself the trouble of making this stupid thread.

And Mid, where do you get off saying it is/or isn't a racial slur? How bigoted of you.

Reaction score
Suck a dick Laz.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013...ould-be-offended-if-redskins-did-change-name/

“I think that first of all, you have to make a decision whether you consider it offensive or not, and frankly, the members of my tribe, the vast majority, don’t find it offensive,” Green said. “I’ve been a Redskins fan for years and to be honest with you, I would be offended if they did change it.”

'Redskins' mascot acceptable, poll says
More than 90 percent of American Indians not bothered by name
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/6093796

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/02/poll-shows-high-support-for-redskins-name/
An Associated Press poll conducted form April 11 through 15 of 1,004 adults found that 79 percent didn’t believe the Redskins should change their name.

Reaction score
If a team was called the N-word, I think I would support a change of name as well.

To be clear I'm not out there publicly asking the Redskins to change their name. I think it's pretty sad that probably the most racist NFL franchise historically continues to cling to a racist nickname. I also think it's funny/ironic when the most vocal friend of mine who is a Redskins fan is black.

I also think it would be funny if little Danny Snyder was forced to change the name. I would think it was funny if Jerry Jones were forced to hire a GM. I like it when people who get drunk on their perceived power are shown that they're not as powerful as they think they are.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The only people offended by the term are the bleeding heart liberals.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
My question is: why now? The word "redskin" is no more offensive today than it was five years ago, 10 years ago, or 20 years ago. Why the sudden groundswell to get it changed?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Social media works wonders when it comes to forcing businesses/celebrities to be politically correct.

I think political correctness has generally run amok, but sometimes it results in good things happening.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know of one good thing political correctness has accomplished. It's ridiculous.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
sometimes "pc" is just a synonym for "good manners," but more often than not it's used to silence and bully political opponents.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You can't joke about ANYTHING anymore because of political correctness. Saying the world "black" is racist too.

Top Bottom