LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
In terms of its origins, the word is merely descriptive, not racist. White settlers didn't have the benefit of the term "Native Americans," so "redskins" sufficed. Similarly, Indians used "pale face" to describe (not disparage) whites. Just as "colored" (descriptive) is not the same as "******" (insulting).

No asswipe, they had the benefit of rightfully calling them by heir tribal names, like Cherokee, Iroqouis, Choctaw, Apache, etc.

And go up and call a Black person "colored", and see what will happen.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Also, I doubt anyone here would go up to a random native american dude and say "hey, redskin!" or "I didn't know you were a redskin". Yeah, probably because you wouldn't want to offend him.

Not these fucking cowards on this board.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Where the fuck you been? This has been a longstanding issues, it's not been just now. People like you just didn't pay attention, that's why you think it's only 'now'.

No, it's never been this like. In the past few months alone, we've had Snyder, Goodell, DC's mayor, and US lawmakers issue public statements, yay and nay. This in addition to columnists at prominent newspapers and blogs. What was once a trickle is now an avalanche. This hasn't happened before.

Last edited:

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No, it's never been this like. In the past few months alone, we've had Snyder, Goodell, DC's mayor, and US lawmakers issue public statements, yay and nay. This in addition to columnists at prominent newspapers and blogs. What was once a trickle is now an avalanche. This hasn't happened before.

Yes, it has been. Sometimes it dies down, and then it's brought back up. But it has been a discussion and protests for decades.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
No, it hasn't. When you have a mayor and select congressmen issuing veiled threats against the team, you know you're dealing with a totally different animal.

"You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts." -- Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Reaction score
Laz thinks because he's the minority he's the definative source for what is racist or what isn't.

I show polls saying vast majority are indifferent or don't find it racial.

He counters with "I DONT CARE COME TO MINNESOTA AND CALL SOMEONE A REDSKIN BETCHU WONT COWARD WHITEY!!!"

Dude... stfu

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No, it hasn't. When you have a mayor and select congressmen issuing veiled threats against the team, you know you're dealing with a totally different animal.

"You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts." -- Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Whatever. Not going to argue with someone who has their head up in their ass.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Unlike blacks, Native Americans don't really have a lot of political clout. If there were an Indian version of the NAACP picketing every game and flooding the talk shows, Snyder might have a change of heart. As it is, NA's don't go to games anyway, so a boycott is useless.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Laz thinks because he's the minority he's the definative source for what is racist or what isn't.

I show polls saying vast majority are indifferent or don't find it racial.

He counters with "I DONT CARE COME TO MINNESOTA AND CALL SOMEONE A REDSKIN BETCHU WONT COWARD WHITEY!!!"

Dude... stfu

Noty at all. But I'm certain I fucking know more than you in regards to this topic, and I don't have to refer to some fucking poll. I interact with Native Americans almost on a daily basis.

You don't know who fucking participated in a poll. And of course it's not like people create bogus internet polls, right? And that people that participate in them, don't lie right?

Like I said, don't take my word for it. Go by that stupid poll, and go up to any Native American, and call them a 'Redskins', and see what happens. But we both know that you are too chicken shit hearted to do that.

Reaction score
I think the decision on whether or not to change it should come down to that face to face meeting where bbgun walks up to an Indian and calls him a redskin . And if that red hued sumbitch Knocks him out then whatever bbguns first word is when he wakes up is the new name

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Unlike blacks, Native Americans don't really have a lot of political clout. If there were an Indian version of the NAACP picketing every game and flooding the talk shows, Snyder might have a change of heart. As it is, NA's don't go to games anyway, so a boycott is useless.

Once again, you prove my point idiot. AIM (American Indian Movement), picketed at Redskins' games.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Noty at all. But I'm certain I fucking know more than you in regards to this topic, and I don't have to refer to some fucking poll. I interact with Native Americans almost on a daily basis.

You don't know who fucking participated in a poll. And of course it's not like people create bogus internet polls, right? And that people that participate in them, don't lie right?

Like I said, don't take my word for it. Go by that stupid poll, and go up to any Native American, and call them a 'Redskins', and see what happens. But we both know that you are too chicken shit hearted to do that.

But the Redskins aren't doing that either. Appropriating Indian terms or images is hardy a nose-to-nose provocation.

Reaction score
Unlike blacks, Native Americans don't really have a lot of political clout.

This is largely why the name still exists, and perhaps why certain powerful people have gotten involved. I don't think anyone but Snyder would really stand to profit from a name change anyway. All the new merchandise sells, etc. will surely offset any costs to change a dumb logo.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Once again, you prove my point idiot. AIM (American Indian Movement), picketed at Redskins' games.

No one's heard of them. Their numbers are few and their power/influence limited. Conversely, everyone's heard of the NAACP. That's my point. Call me when the NA's come up with their own Jesse Jackson.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No one's heard of them. Their numbers are few and their power/influence limited. Conversely, everyone's heard of the NAACP. That's my point. Call me when the NA's come up with their own Jesse Jackson.

No one's heard of them, because YOU haven't heard of them. Ok. Got it.

Top Bottom