dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That's the difference superior coaching typically makes on game day. Thanks for supporting my point, weather excuse included. Good coaches know how to adjust for that too, Ginger doesn't.

LOL ok.

They didn't win either of those games due to "superior coaching"

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wait a sec...
How could the NYG possibly have won either game due to superior coaching when Garrett was the coach of the year

Inconceivable! lol

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Jets fans have long term real reasons to be "jaded" and therefore aren't jaded, they're realists. Their team has long term terminal suck. Cowboys fans have a 21 year old super bowl trophy and therefore still believe in magic, but the intelligent among us understand why it ain't happening. We're not "jaded" we're real. We understand why we keep losing. It's intelligent. You're not. See?

After last season IMO there is very little to be jaded about. You're somebody who comes off like they want to hang out with Stephen A. Smith and is like "I'm not one of those Cowboys fans, so don't hate me.

It is not that I'm not intelligent or suffer from "homerism" (which BTW is not a disease and in fact is something every fanbase should have) it is that you are the Jetsiest non-Jets fan I've ever seen. Though maybe you're actually the most Eaglesish non-Eagles fan I've ever seen, but nobody deserves to be compared to an Eagles fan, so I'll stick with the Jets fan comparison.

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
If you have made your pick already please make a new post and bold it or have a post with just your pick. It is a pain in the ass sifting through trying to find picks.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wonder if our guys fucking laugh at McAdoo. We held them to 10 pts last time we played them.

I love how everyone acts like the Giants owned us or something last yr. They won two games by a combined 4 damn points.

Which still equals 2 wins and 0 losses against us.

???

We played twice, they won twice. Owned.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Loss #1: Dak and Zeke were rookies still getting their feet wet!!
Loss #2: Pre-game flurries are our Kryptonite! No team could win in conditions like that! :rolleyes

1481594275-NS_11PREGAMELD01_54452302.JPG

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
After last season IMO there is very little to be jaded about.
Right, just 21 years of mediocrity and failure.

Again, you don't seem to comprehend the difference between the heart and the mind. Your heart tells you they're good, they gonna win the Soup Bow. Your mind just goes along with that in a merry homer way. MY heart tells me they're good, they have a good shot. My mind says, "Yeah just like in 2007, 2014 and last year, and so on let's wait and see but 8-8 is far more likely."

It's realistic.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Loss #2: Pre-game flurries are our Kryptonite! No team could win in conditions like that!
And it'll be excuse after excuse, just like those, from people who can't accept the fact that the Giants' coaching gets more out of lesser talent, than our coaching does out of better talent. On paper we should beat them handily, every time. We can't seem to.

And yes dbair that is part of the definition of "superior coaching."

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If you have made your pick already please make a new post and bold it or have a post with just your pick. It is a pain in the ass sifting through trying to find picks.

STFU and do your job. You've got one role!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Which still equals 2 wins and 0 losses against us.

???

We played twice, they won twice. Owned.

Owned to me means we had no chance to win and/or the game was a total blowout.

We easily could have won either of those games. They made a couple more plays than we did. Their defense supposedly stoned our offense, but our defense did the same to them.

If we sweep them this year and win by a total of 3 or 4 pts, I guarantee you wont be singing the same tune.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Loss #2: Pre-game flurries are our Kryptonite! No team could win in conditions like that! :rolleyes

View attachment 3864

I think the weather had an impact on Prescott throwing the ball some without question. It was his first real exposure to bad weather (maybe in his life since he has played in the south all his life). That game was far different than virtually all his other games.

Not the only reason we lost, but I do think it had an impact.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Right, just 21 years of mediocrity and failure.

Again, you don't seem to comprehend the difference between the heart and the mind. Your heart tells you they're good, they gonna win the Soup Bow. Your mind just goes along with that in a merry homer way. MY heart tells me they're good, they have a good shot. My mind says, "Yeah just like in 2007, 2014 and last year, and so on let's wait and see but 8-8 is far more likely."

It's realistic.

This is a fair point. They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise.

They haven't had back to back 10+ win seasons since 95/96. Hopefully they buck that trend this year.

I do feel better about the team with Prescott at QB than I did with Romo though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And it'll be excuse after excuse, just like those, from people who can't accept the fact that the Giants' coaching gets more out of lesser talent, than our coaching does out of better talent. On paper we should beat them handily, every time. We can't seem to.

And yes dbair that is part of the definition of "superior coaching."

Their defense is not "lesser" talent. I don't think they have anywhere near the talent we have on offense, but other than Sean Lee, Maliek Collins and maybe Byron Jones, we probably don't have any defensive guys who'd start for them either.

On the flipside, other than Odell Beckham they probably don't have any offensive guys who'd start here.

Hence the teams are fairly evenly matched, which is why the two games last year were close hard fought contests that were decided by a total of 4 pts.

Hats off to them if they can hold us to 26 pts in two games this year.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I think the weather had an impact on Prescott throwing the ball some without question. It was his first real exposure to bad weather (maybe in his life since he has played in the south all his life). That game was far different than virtually all his other games.

Not the only reason we lost, but I do think it had an impact.

beyond parody. anyway, it's nice to know we have no chance in the playoffs it it's cold outside.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I do feel better about the team with Prescott at QB than I did with Romo though.

me too, its a damn miracle to have found what appears to be a franchise QB this fast

I was anticipating an abyss in the QB slot for the foreseeable future, so much so that I don't really think I could watch anymore.

Can you imagine watching this team with no Romo or Dak?

(Although Cooper Rush looks intriguing)

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It still amazes me how refreshing it is to have a QB take the game at least as seriously as we the fans do.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I got a feeling that the Chiefs might pull off the upset against the Pats

Top Bottom