Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Season winner gets a blow job from dbair.

Week 1 Giants vs Cowboys.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
leaning Giants, but I wanna see how the Zeke thing turns out

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'll make my pick as we get closer to game day and find out more about who all will actually start the game

Reaction score
The Cowboys are due to whip the Gaints' ass. With Elliot playing I expect a solid win. If he isn't playing it gets a lot tougher, maybe even a loss if McFadden still has fumblitis.

With Zeke - Cowboys 31 Giants 17

Without Zeke - Cowboys 20 Giants 17

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys (-6.5)

Dallas is currently embroiled in Ezekiel Elliott’s appeal of a six-game suspension, hoping to have the star running back on the field for this NFC East prime-time showdown on Sunday night. Behind Elliott and rookie QB Dak Prescott last season, the Cowboys had an 11-game winning streak and covered the first nine of those. Dallas earned a first-round playoff bye, but finished 13-4 SU (10-7 ATS) after a 34-31 loss to Green Bay giving 5.5 points at home in the divisional round.

New York went 11-5 SU (9-6-1 ATS) in the 2016 regular season to nab a wild-card berth, then lost at Green Bay 38-13 as a 5-point dog.

Bookmaker.eu opened Dallas at -6.5. That number is down to 3.5 and could be headed lower still.

“This line is off the board now, as we continue to wait for news on one key injury and one key suspension,” Cooley said, pointing not only to Elliott’s status, but that of Giants wideout Odell Beckham (ankle). “Professional bettors came out early and often for this one, as this number dipped down to -3.5 prior to the unknown status of Beckham and Elliott. If Elliott is in fact out for Week 1, we will likely reopen at -3. The public will be all over Dallas, no matter who is playing.”

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I am shocked they opened Dallas at almost a TD favorite. I am not shocked that a whole bunch of NYG money came in and bet that down to 3.5.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Will make my pick by game time but I am troubled by the O Line not being set yet. Also a whole lot of new faces on D (though good in the long run) that I doubt have jelled yet. If Dallas had a dominant D Line (they dont) I'd feel a whole lot better about this game.

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
For now I'm picking the Cowboys. Just in case I get drunk early and forget to add my pick later.

I'll revisit the pick closer to the game

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think Cowboys with or without Zeke, but wont be surprised if we lose without him.

Despite that public comments to the contrary (saying "next man up"..."we're focused regardless of who plays" etc etc), the players on this team have to feel like there's a major screw job being put on them by Goodell. They no doubt they had all the info that's become public info all along and never felt it was much of a doubt he'd be available. Then in came crooked Goodell and his croanies to "do Mara a solid"

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It's gonna be the Giants.

Last time they won it was all due to out-scheming us and our coach's total inability to adjust. I think they do it again, they stuff Elliot and blitz the hell out of Dak and come away with their third win on us in a row. They simply out-coach us every time. They get more out of less talent than we get out of better talent and they're not alone in this, in the NFL. On paper they shouldn't beat us, but this has been true the last three times we've played them.

NYG 20, DAL 13

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Giants, sigh.

Eli attacks secondaries, our Front Office neglects the secondary, instead depending on Dumbledore Marinelli to magically turns JAGS into players.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
, our Front Office neglects the secondary, .

Drafting 4 DB's in one year is example of this? Not retaining the guys that left who proved they could never make plays was a bad thing now?

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Cowboys but wouldn't be surprised at all if the Giants win.

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Zeke is going to be pissed and running with an attitude

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Zeke is going to be pissed and running with an attitude
And probably therefore forgetting things like blocking assignments and protecting the ball. Probably drops a key pass as well. He's proven himself to be dumb.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And probably therefore forgetting things like blocking assignments and protecting the ball. Probably drops a key pass as well. He's proven himself to be dumb.

Unlikely. He takes football very serious. He's a great practice player and from an intelligence standpoint, graded out really high compared to all the other RB's that came out in the draft last yr. he might have been #1 in that regard.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Unlikely. He takes football very serious. He's a great practice player and from an intelligence standpoint, graded out really high compared to all the other RB's that came out in the draft last yr. he might have been #1 in that regard.

But if he's all emotional and angry like suggested? He's a intelligent guy who does really stupid things? That makes him dumb.

Top Bottom