dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
brilliant, this why the notion jeri is a genius is utter horseshit, you have to maintain some sense of leverage and an out plus why the hell would you agree to a no trade clause?

oh that’s right what the hell was I thinking, it’s because jerI doesn’t know how to make a fucking trade
They did it because they thought he was close to elite and wanted him as the face of the franchise.

It's obvious today they were proven to be wrong on that.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
They did it because they thought he was close to elite and wanted him as the face of the franchise.

It's obvious today they were proven to be wrong on that.

it was obvious back then, the dumbass is proud of overpaying for shit and lets players steamroll him in negotiations whereas he wont give an inch to the coaches when it comes to authority and leverage

his irrational optimism may serve him well in business but its a deathblow to success in the NFL with free agency and a salary cap

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
it was obvious back then, the dumbass is proud of overpaying for shit and lets players steamroll him in negotiations whereas he wont give an inch to the coaches when it comes to authority and leverage

his irrational optimism may serve him well in business but its a deathblow to success in the NFL with free agency and a salary cap
it gets back to what the definition of a "franchise QB" SHOULD BE, vs what teams BELIEVE it actually is.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They are talking about extending Dak already

Please don’t under any circumstance give Dak more years in Dallas. Not right now, and not unless he takes us to and wins the SB. Which ain’t gonna happen.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jeruh - Dak, you were tops in the league in INT’s even with playing 5 less games than everyone else, AND you were the reason we lost in the Divisional Round of the playoffs!

Here’s another $100 million

Dak - thx boss

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They are talking about extending Dak already

Please don’t under any circumstance give Dak more years in Dallas. Not right now, and not unless he takes us to and wins the SB. Which ain’t gonna happen.
I agree 100%, there shouldn't be any type of extension that adds years or dollars for Prescott until he delivers in the postseason. Right now he is a middle of the pack QB that seems to be regressing already in his level of play. He throws too many stupid interceptions and almost single handedly lost the San Fran game for the 2nd straight year.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I agree 100%, there shouldn't be any type of extension that adds years or dollars for Prescott until he delivers in the postseason. Right now he is a middle of the pack QB that seems to be regressing already in his level of play. He throws too many stupid interceptions and almost single handedly lost the San Fran game for the 2nd straight year.

Hopefully with an all new OC, QB coach, offensive scheme, and HC calling the plays they can reign him in and reduce his mistakes and INT’s this upcoming season

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hopefully with an all new OC, QB coach, offensive scheme, and HC calling the plays they can reign him in and reduce his mistakes and INT’s this upcoming season
If they have a great defense and a really solid, effective running game then maybe that would happen.

But those are big ifs. They also have to start over at Kicker and make sure we have a consistent one that doesn't implode at the end of the season like Maher did.

daboyz

NFCE CHAMPIONS 🏆
Reaction score
Welp, I've seen the inevitable. I've joined the "haters". When I say "haters", I'm quoting Cowboys Nation. Yet some/one in here thought I used the term to certain members, wrong. If I had, I would have mentioned names. Never assume on a narrative from a poster. Moving forward. Freaking guy is so inconsistent!

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
0dd3c99cf5d9fd192d07c90783218a61.jpg

daboyz

NFCE CHAMPIONS 🏆
Reaction score
Some ask why I like Dak so much (besides being a Christian like his mom). He’s committed to helping others. I just wish he was as consistent on the field as he is off the field.

Tidbit: Dak is the fourth (as in his Jersey #4) Dallas player to receive the Man of the Year award in franchise history, following behind Staubach (1978), Aikman (1997), & Witten (2012). He took the time to acknowledge them all, along with his late mother, Peggy, his “moral compass”, as he spoke about the impact he looks to have through his Faith.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
By all accounts he's a good young man. He isnt involved with thugs or off field controversy, his teammates seem to genuinely like him and he appears to work hard.

But he's also reached the apex of his ability, he doesn't appear to me to be capable of improving any more and unfortunately, seems to have regressed in his ability the past 2-3 seasons, particularly when it comes to reading defenses/reading the entire field.

Maybe we will all be pleasantly surprised and the change in the offensive scheme and play-caller will do him well, but I would have to see it to believe it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I told my little midget cat, Runtley about Dak Prescott winning Man of the Year and this was her look in response.

Screenshot_20230209-224528-035.png

Top Bottom