icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
quick someone find out what dak's s2 cognition test score is (if it even existed at that time)

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They are talking about extending Dak already

Please don’t under any circumstance give Dak more years in Dallas. Not right now, and not unless he takes us to and wins the SB. Which ain’t gonna happen.

Well shit…….

51956d1eee2e3d686b22d56e9b14c3f6.jpg

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I wouldn't give him any type of deal that equates to more money or ties them to him for more years.

It sux because he counts way too much money this year and he hurts the team by not allowing them more flexibility to go out and get a couple other key guys, but long term its far better to just eat it now and plan for the future. If anything Prescott should be forced to take a pay-cut, he has proven to not be worth what he is being paid.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
The cap is going up significantly next year. No need to fiddle with his contract to create more cap room. And it goes without saying that he does not deserve an extension based on performance.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Well shit…….

51956d1eee2e3d686b22d56e9b14c3f6.jpg
This is because the NFL is still under the delusion that finding a good QB is harder than hard. Meanwhile, since Dak came into the NFL, how many good QBs have entered the NFL?

Now, I'm not saying guys like Kyler Murray or Baker Mayfield are better than Dak (IMO, the shrimp QB should never be drafted first overall). What I am saying is that it is no longer super hard to find a decent, or good enough QB, who can allow the GM to tinker with the roster and keep good players like Cedric Wilson, Connor Williams, and more who might not be pro-bowlers, but who are good solid players that at least provide depth.

Nothing ticks me off more about Dak apologists than when they say "why are you worried about the contract. Dak isn't even paid top 10 money anymore. Ha ha ha". As if when Dak was paid top money that somehow those years didn't count. Somehow when Dak was paid top money we weren't supposed to win the SB anyway.

Now they are talking about extending him. Hasn't Dak already proven to everyone that he talks a good game when he says he wants to win, but he is actually more interested in making every penny he can? The man makes millions off endorsements. At least some of that money is only being earned because he is the QB of the Cowboys.

Look, this Peyton Manning/DeMarcus Ware line of "it's my job to get every penny. It's the GMs job to worry about building a team" line doesn't hold water with me in an age when players are paid millions, and it is their CHOICE to be an NFL player.

First off, as a Colt, Manning only won one SB. Then he won another while with the Broncos. The Broncos were so good that they won games with a QB who literally could not throw a football named Brock Ossweiler, who the Texans had to pay the Browns to take off their hands (not good scouting by the Texans). The Broncos GM (John Elway) built that team before signing Manning.

As far as D-Law goes. I didn't want to give him that contract either. Yes, he has renegotiated it. But, again, do we pretend that when he was earning more than he was worth that somehow those years don't count? There have been only a handful of players, maybe less than that, who have taken a TRUE pay cut. One was Doug Free. Another might have been Sean Lee.

I wish GMs (Jerry Jones) would do a better job of understanding that star players can be replaced. If they ask for market setting money. If they haven't won a single SB, or sniffed the SB, then let the player walk.

As a fan, at the end of the day. I would really rather be 0-17 than 12-5 and cocked teased. I'd rather have the girl laugh in my face and tell me there's no way, then get me hard and then tell me no.

Until you've won a SB you're disposable. As a QB, you've got about 4 years to do it. If not, bye.

Sorry to rant. I just get so ticked at the commentary from tools on ESPN etcetera. Gee, if you don't extend Dak, where on this planet will you ever find another QB type of shit.

I say draft Hendon Hooker round 1 because if you trade back too far then you've given a team like the Bucs the opportunity to trade up and take him from you. Let Dak play this year and earn his money. Let Hooker take over in 2024. Then give him 4 years. If he doesn't sniff the SB. Bye bye. Try again.

Last edited:

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This is for anyone on here who understands Jerry Talk. I'm realistic, and understand that unless the Cowboys get lucky with a UDFA or a 7th round pick (by the way DinUcci is looking intriguing in the XFL, although he still seems a bit of a gunslinger), Jerry isn't giving up on Dak.

But, is it just marketing to get fans in the seats, or is he serious when he says, that he sees Dak on the same trajectory as Tom Brady?

As a refresher:

Tom Brady came into the NFL in 2000.

By 2001, Brady had his first SB ring. Yes, Brady took over a very good team, so did Dak.

In 2003 and 2004, he won back-to-back SBs.

That's three SB victories 4 years as a starter (he didn't start as a rookie).

In 2007, the Patriots lost to the Giants.

From 2001 to 2007, 6 years as a starter, he got to 4 SBs.

Now, I get that the QB is not the only player on the field.

But in 7 years as a starter, Dak hasn't even gotten to the NFC championship.

Exactly how is Dak on the same trajectory as Tom Brady?

Now, if Jerry wants to be a straight shooter and says we are committed to Dak being our starter for the foreseeable future, okay, but don't compare him to Tom Brady. Who, by the way, did play at a high level in 2022. The Bucs were a bad team.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This is for anyone on here who understands Jerry Talk. I'm realistic, and understand that unless the Cowboys get lucky with a UDFA or a 7th round pick (by the way DinUcci is looking intriguing in the XFL, although he still seems a bit of a gunslinger), Jerry isn't giving up on Dak.

But, is it just marketing to get fans in the seats, or is he serious when he says, that he sees Dak on the same trajectory as Tom Brady?

As a refresher:

Tom Brady came into the NFL in 2000.

By 2001, Brady had his first SB ring. Yes, Brady took over a very good team, so did Dak.

In 2003 and 2004, he won back-to-back SBs.

That's three SB victories 4 years as a starter (he didn't start as a rookie).

In 2007, the Patriots lost to the Giants.

From 2001 to 2007, 6 years as a starter, he got to 4 SBs.

Now, I get that the QB is not the only player on the field.

But in 7 years as a starter, Dak hasn't even gotten to the NFC championship.

Exactly how is Dak on the same trajectory as Tom Brady?

Now, if Jerry wants to be a straight shooter and says we are committed to Dak being our starter for the foreseeable future, okay, but don't compare him to Tom Brady. Who, by the way, did play at a high level in 2022. The Bucs were a bad team.
Its the same delusion that leads to comments like he made last week about Dak being better at correcting mistakes than anyone.

He's the classic case of a drunk fucktard.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
RANT TIME! Sorry folks, but I have to scream.

I can no longer stomach listening to the people on the official website. For fun, I sometimes listen to other teams' shows. Usually the Patriots. The Patriots have people who are not homers. They do not artificially prop up their QB. They are critical. They are insightful. They point out and talk about Mac Jones' shortcomings. They don't gloss over them or talk about them in vaque ways to not hurt feelings.

Last night, I listened to the draft show and listened to some dolt trying to convince the public that taking a QB at 26 could set the franchise back years, and he used Baker Mayfield as an example.

Why not use taking Dan Marino as an example or Aaron Rodgers? Or use drafting Craig Morton with the number one pick (5th overall), when we already had Dandy Don Meridith, and then also taking a chance on Roger Staubach?

People forget that the year before the Dolphins took Marino the Dolphins were IN THE SUPER BOWL.

I get it! There's a salary cap. But that round 1 money will be spent anyway. Cooper Rush will require at least 4 to 5 million PER YEAR. How much is the number 26 pick paid?

According to this website, the 26th pick last year (Tyler Linderbaum) got paid a TOTAL of 14.2 million. So the money is being spent regardless. It's a matter of do we want to spend it on a QB with upside or a Cooper Rush?

Swinging and missing in round one DOES NOT set the team back for years, just as missing on Taco didn't set the team back for years. It's just a swing and a miss.

But sometimes you HIT.

There are many more rounds and free agency to acquire talent. We shouldn't be afraid. If a QB that we think could be a good one falls to us, we should take him.

Youmans, who seemed to be on board. He said, "hey, if Dak balls out in this new system then we have a trade piece". He meant Will Levis (who was the example being used).

I say if Dak were to win the SB then it is Dak who becomes the trade piece for at least 3 number one picks. Because, as any thinking human being should know by now, it is not the QB who wins the SB. It is the team.

JUST LIKE WE TRADED Craig Morton after leading the Cowboys to Super Bowl V, who then later faced us in the SB we won against the Broncos.

And if we drafted a Will Levis, then you'd obviously be giving him extra attention throughout the year. Hire an extra QB coach (hire two), etcetera to help develop him.

Also, it is not impossible for Dak to get hurt. Especially if we don't invest in the OL, which is another thing that dolt was against.

I wish I could fire everyone working for the website.

RogtaDru

Spectator
Reaction score
The sad unfortunate reality is that Dak peaked his rookie year in the 2016 Linehan offense, that Zeke, and that offensive line.
The years after and up to present have been an unfortunate reality journey that reveals Dak's ultimate skillset flaw.

Decision making.
While still not able to process at NFL real time speed after 8 years or possess the ability to see the whole field, these flaws are compounded by poor decision making in the moment.
He has no grasp of live to play another down.
Countless errors involving wide open running room not taken or errant throws involving stared down/telegraphed and covered receivers are chosen when obvious better options were available are his norm.
Decision-making by Dak Prescott will continue to be the foundational demise for this team's post season failure.

It's as simple as that if ya ask me.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Well, my 4 to 5 million per year prediction to keep Cooper Rush was on the high side, which might be a reflection of what the rest of the NFL really thinks of Cooper's skill set.

If the team is not near 100% and Dak gets hurt, I still don't think Rush can win consistently.

Dallas CAN win a SB with Dak. I've seen worse QBs win, and it seems Dallas is doing a credible job of bringing in talent. BUT, of course, so are other teams. Don't sleep on the Lions. I think we play them this year.

However, in an age that is pass happy, I think it's wise to keep drafting legitimate QB prospects. The third or 4th round is a good round to take a shot

I don't know what Mike White will do in Miami, but he has a few starts under his belt now and his confidence is growing. Tua will suffer another concussion. White will then take over a nice team. I wouldn't be surprised if he established himself as a legit starter.

Top Bottom