Kirk61

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Overall, Dak really knows his limitations and he can't handle pressure which is making his career a complete disaster. Who knows, a trade might be great for him, it could save what's left of his career but he's pretty much done in Dallas, nobody likes him now..

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Overall, Dak really knows his limitations and he can't handle pressure which is making his career a complete disaster. Who knows, a trade might be great for him, it could save what's left of his career but he's pretty much done in Dallas, nobody likes him now..
I don't see how a change in scenery eliminates his obvious flaws.

He is what he is. A decent player who can get a fairly talented team to a winning record, but nothing more.

Put him on a bad team like Houston or Chicago and he'd be a complete disaster.

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
What's crazy? Dak is signed through 2024 & carries a no trade clause. He will count $49 million against the cap while earning a $31 million base salary. His contract does compare well w/other QB's of similar stat output. You can view the entire list of QB contracts here. Dak’s yearly average ranks 9th in the NFL behind less accomplished QB's such as Murray, Carr, & Watson.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What's crazy? Dak is signed through 2024 & carries a no trade clause. He will count $49 million against the cap while earning a $31 million base salary. His contract does compare well w/other QB's of similar stat output. You can view the entire list of QB contracts here. Dak’s yearly average ranks 9th in the NFL behind less accomplished QB's such as Murray, Carr, & Watson.
I wouldn't want Murray, Carr or Watson at all.

But that doesn't make me want Prescott more either after this past weekend.

It's time to draft the QB of the future.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wouldn't want Murray, Carr or Watson at all.

But that doesn't make me want Prescott more either after this past weekend.

It's time to draft the QB of the future.

Are you saying it doesn't cause you some comfort knowing that Dak is getting paid comparably to other QB's of similar stat output? I just want to be clear where you stand and I'm asking for Dooms.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I like the way you worded your post. I have to say....it makes me feel better and softens the blow.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Are you saying it doesn't cause you some comfort knowing that Dak is getting paid comparably to other QB's of similar stat output? I just want to be clear where you stand and I'm asking for Dooms.
Teams are always going to over-value and overpay QB's, especially if they've demonstrated any ability at all to win games in this league.

Some of this goes back to the argument you and Dooms were having over "franchise QB's and the definition of, and I said at the time you were both right. What you and I truly believe is a franchise QB are elite, top end talents like Aikman, Elway and others. But personnel people and owners around the league have vastly expanded what THEY believe the meaning of a "franchise QB" today, and that isnt going to change.

Hence, someone like Dak Prescott and some of these others will always cash in bigtime because of conditions today.

What is Prescott's TRUE worth? I guess if you took the average pay of all 32 starting QB's, he should be somewhere in the middle, because that's what he is, a middle of the pack QB with a number of obvious flaws that at this point don't seem correctable.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Teams are always going to over-value and overpay QB's, especially if they've demonstrated any ability at all to win games in this league.

Some of this goes back to the argument you and Dooms were having over "franchise QB's and the definition of, and I said at the time you were both right. What you and I truly believe is a franchise QB are elite, top end talents like Aikman, Elway and others. But personnel people and owners around the league have vastly expanded what THEY believe the meaning of a "franchise QB" today, and that isnt going to change.

Hence, someone like Dak Prescott and some of these others will always cash in bigtime because of conditions today.

What is Prescott's TRUE worth? I guess if you took the average pay of all 32 starting QB's, he should be somewhere in the middle, because that's what he is, a middle of the pack QB with a number of obvious flaws that at this point don't seem correctable.

I don't care if Dak makes twice the money if he's a true franchise QB. A guy that can carry the team. A guy that could lead the team through the playoffs. A guy that could beat Brock Purdy.

In any event, Dak got paid and that's really not the issue. The issue is do we continue with a QB that we know can't win the big one. Can't read a D. Needs top level talent all around him. Needs a top level OL. Is not accurate. And can't read a D. That's the bigger issue.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
If Dakota had been the QB for either the Chiefs or the Bengals, they would have lost in that close game, and you know it.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Helen Moore after being fired

6d77cb9d2c152942a4424aedcd372170.jpg

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I get he eats up a ton of cap space this yr, but I think they should just take their lumps and roll with what they have, have another good draft and see if Prescott can finally not play like Radio on the football field.

If he has a great year and we can make a real run in the postseason, maybe you reconsider his contract AFTER, but they should not do anything with his deal now that makes getting out of it harder in another year or so after he leads the league in picks again and/or flops miserably in the postseason again.

As it is today, they COULD get out of his deal completely after this season because he has no guaranteed money left.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

brilliant, this why the notion jeri is a genius is utter horseshit, you have to maintain some sense of leverage and an out plus why the hell would you agree to a no trade clause?

oh that’s right what the hell was I thinking, it’s because jerI doesn’t know how to make a fucking trade

Top Bottom