Super Moderator
Reaction score

- - - - - tier 1 - - - - - qb that can carry his team every week and win
1. pat mahomes
2. russell wilson
3. aaron rodgers
4. drew brees
5. deshaun watson
- - - - - tier 2 - - - - - basically tier 1 qb but lacks consistency and has holes in their game
6. tom brady
7. lamar jackson
8. ben roerthlisberger
9. matt stafford
10. matt ryan
11. carson wentz
12. dak prescott
13. philip rivers
- - - - - tier 3 - - - - - starter but needs running game and/or good defense
14. kyler murray
15. kirk cousins
16. jared goff
17. jimmy garoppolo
18. ryan tannehill
19. cam newton
20. derek carr
21. baker mayfield
22. josh allen
23. teddy bridgewater
24. sam darnold
25. daniel jones
26. nick foles
- - - - - tier 4 - - - - - unproven player w/ some upside or vet backup
27. marcus mariota
28. ryan fitzpatrick
29. tyrod taylor
30. drew lock, gardner minshew (tied)
32. mitch trubisky
33. dwayne haskins
34. jarrett stidham
35. kyle allen

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And did you see what Crawford said about Ty Hill? Yeah, a real beast. He might be lucky McCoy is out for the season or he was the off man out.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And did you see what Crawford said about Ty Hill? Yeah, a real beast. He might be lucky McCoy is out for the season or he was the off man out.

Yeah after what we saw last yr I am not overly excited about Hill's chances, hopefully he proves us wrong...he's another one that really needed preseason games and wont get any

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The problem with Dak is not that he isn't a good QB, but in how much money he apparently wants.

We also need to remember that sometimes there can be a huge gap between say 1 and 2 or between 2 and 6. It's not an even distribution.

Yes, Dak is very good, but I think there is a huge difference between those top 3 and Dak. So, it comes down to the money.

Tom Brady has always understood he needed talent around him so he never demanded every last penny. The result has been Super Bowls and no need to wait 5 years for the HOF

Dak said once that Brady has Giselle's money, but that is not entirely true. Brady played in 4 Super Bowls BEFORE he married Giselle (and there's nothing stopping Dak from marrying his own version of Giselle).

I just think the money Dak wants is problematic and I see may QBs in recent years that seem to be pretty good from the get go. We need to remember the talent level around players like Kyle Murray (just to name one) etc. We can't simply say, Dak threw for 5000 yards without considering the WRS, the OL, the RBs etc

I just hope Dak agrees to be paid like a top 7 QB and not like a top 2 QB merely because it's his turn to negotiate.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The problem with Dak is not that he isn't a good QB, but in how much money he apparently wants.
Wrong. Money hasn't been the sticking point. Jerry's checkbook is wide open for him. The issue was and is, the legnth of the contract. Jerry wants 5-plus, Dak's camp wants 4 max. Because they want Dak to have that one extra big money payday after the one that's coming soon.

Welcome to DCU by the way.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Wrong. Money hasn't been the sticking point. Jerry's checkbook is wide open for him. The issue was and is, the legnth of the contract. Jerry wants 5-plus, Dak's camp wants 4 max. Because they want Dak to have that one extra big money payday after the one that's coming soon.

Please think about what you just wrote. The length of the contract is the same as saying money!

Because of the cap, Jerry is trying to spread the money out over 5 years. Dak wants 4 years so he can re-enter the market.

THAT COMES DOWN TO MONEY

When you're negotiating your car purchase and you're deciding if you should go 72 months or 36 months, what are you really doing? You're considering the money!

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score

Let me put it another way, if Jerry (hypothetically) told Dak I will pay you 100 million per year for 3 years with 200 million guaranteed, do you still think Dak would balk at the length of the contract?

I don't think so.

If Dak said, Jerry, I'll play for 25 million per year, but I want to sign a two year contract, do you think Jerry would balk at the length?

I don't think so.

The length is Bull. It's always about money!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
if Jerry (hypothetically)
If the dog (hypothetically) hadn't stopped to take a shit, he might have caught the rabbit!
Legnth of contract is the only holdup. Not money, for this deal. Jerry's agreed with all of his demands except that one.

Dak wants another turn at the trough, AFTER this one.

Nobody's making any wild demands.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
skip bayless is getting eviscerated online for his comments about dak re: depression

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
In other words, we need to surround him with talent at every position and spend a first round pick on a position that we spent another 1st round pick to acquire........

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score

Stephen went a long way around the subject ... the question was

@BryanBroaddus “Guys like myself, the clowns of the world, we always say, ‘Why didn’t they sign Dak Prescott two years ago?’ You say so many positive things about Dak and all that, what he means to you and the organization. What am I missing here?”

It would seem the issue is why Dak didn't sign seemingly reasonable contract offers?

IMO, Dak may have less confidence in JJ than we do.

Top Bottom