Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
2d9e56f832a67a7d8c40cf474e867f13.jpg

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Did anyone watch Film Session with Amari Cooper this weekend?

There's a specific reason why I'm asking that.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

No, why what did you see?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No, why what did you see?

I don't want to jade anyone's opinion so let me know once you've seen it or let me know that you probably won't be watching it and in a day or two I will bring up the topic.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I don't want to jade anyone's opinion so let me know once you've seen it or let me know that you probably won't be watching it and in a day or two I will bring up the topic.

I just watched it. Are you referring to what he said at the end of the video, after he was talking about Darius Slay?

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
For the love of Christ, just post whatever it was, Jesus I don't have this much time in my life that I can wait around for maybe someone might know what something was you saw.

"Just highlight what you typed, then use the spoiler Title and folks would then have to click it and know they were gonna see something that was a spoiler."

See?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

There seems to be a couple of clips. Which one are you referring to? Just listening to him, he's a super smart dude.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score

Just watched it. Found it difficult to concentrate on anything other than Baldinger's wonky finger. I'm guessing the reason you're asking has something to do with Dak since this is a Dak-related thread?

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score

Just watched.
Guy is smart and thinks about his job, and how to be better at it.
If Gallup and Lamb just listen to him in the WR room, this WR corps will be monstrous. Added to their own skill sets, of course.
FWIW, some of Dak's throws on the highlights were absolute dimes.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm not upset or anything, I just wanted people to have the chance to watch it without me telling them what to look for.

Please remember that I'm okay with Dak, so this isn't me piling on or running with an agenda.

If you watched Cooper's catches they focused on in this show, you can't help but see that Dak is just not a consistently accurate passer. Cooper had to wait on balls, fall down to make catches. etc. Some of those were surefire TD passes if Dak could have placed them in the right spots.

It kind of explains those who defend Dak's accuracy issues with statistics. All of these plays Cooper made were catches so they'd qualify statistically as accurate, but they were far from actually being accurate. Hopefully, McCarthy makes this a focal point.

If you watch the games and see the WR's constantly having to adjust to his balls you should be able to admit to yourself, Dak is juts not a super accurate QB. The contests with Garrett on All or Nothing or when he lost to David Carrr on ESPN also validates that as well.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm not upset or anything, I just wanted people to have the chance to watch it without me telling them what to look for.

Please remember that I'm okay with Dak, so this isn't me piling on or running with an agenda.

If you watched Cooper's catches they focused on in this show, you can't help but see that Dak is just not a consistently accurate passer. Cooper had to wait on balls, fall down to make catches. etc. Some of those were surefire TD passes if Dak could have placed them in the right spots.

It kind of explains those who defend Dak's accuracy issues with statistics. All of these plays Cooper made were catches so they'd qualify statistically as accurate, but they were far from actually being accurate. Hopefully, McCarthy makes this a focal point.

If you watch the games and see the WR's constantly having to adjust to his balls you should be able to admit to yourself, Dak is juts not a super accurate QB. The contests with Garrett on All or Nothing or when he lost to David Carrr on ESPN also validates that as well.

I watched it and that didn’t stick out to me.

I watched the Cowboys vs Packers game the other day, and I’m currently watching the Giants vs Saints game right now

It doesn’t matter if it’s Dak, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Breese, or Eli Manning, but all their receivers have to make adjustments to the ball on every drive

I’m watching OBJ have to speed up on one play, slow down on another, adjust his route on another, and reach behind him on another just to catch the ball.

Same thing for Drew, I’m watching MT have to make adjustments on more plays than not to make a catch

Same for Rodgers and his game.

It’s just part of the game

Dak seems to throw behind his receivers a fair amount so his timing seems off. But I’m watching every other QB that I’ve seen lately with the same issues

I’m not sure if you expect every throw to be right in the bread basket on every play. Maybe we all got spoiled by Aikman. But I’m watching the Giants vs Saints game as I type this and there are not many throws where the WR doesn’t have to make some form of adjustment. Most of Drew’s throws on go routes the WR has to stop, come back for the ball, and jump to make a contested catch. Had he of thrown those to the WR in stride he would have had a few more easy TD’s. I just watched a Cooks have to slow down and wait for the ball on a crossing route for a TD. It happens more often than not.

I’m not saying Dak is accurate. I’m just saying that in the 2 games I’ve seen since you mentioned it, I’ve seen all 4 QB’s regularly have inaccurate throws and ALL WR’s have to make adjustments to make catches on a regular basis.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Most of Drew’s throws on go routes the WR has to stop, come back for the ball, and jump to make a contested catch. Had he of thrown those to the WR in stride he would have had a few more easy TD’s... It happens more often than not.
They coach that, they don't want any overthrows. Overthrows cost you the yards you could have had. Overthrows cost you that down. They want the QB to underthrow the wide open man, make the receiver come back for the ball then "make a play" with YAC. It's much preferred to the ugly overthrow. It's pretty much universal.

That all said, cmd's observations were NOT true of Dak in 2016, and we all might remember I feared Ginger would fuck the kid up once he had a full offseason with him as the starter. It happened. Romo had all the same issues cmd saw in that feature. It's endemic to the coaching they both received. Neither guy is Aikman but I contend they both could have been, if not for the crap coaching and advice and yes, directives they received.
I’m not saying Dak is accurate.
Watch some of his 2016 work. You will see him make each and every throw you want a pro QB to make. Everyone's forgotten that.

Top Bottom