Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If the end result is them winning a SB who gives a crap how they do it? They could have the absolute best QB in the league surrounded by the worst talent imaginable, or they could have the best talent in the world and a crap QB, if the end result for both is they win a SB what does it matter how they do it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't disagree with your post but we're still waiting......personally, I don't think Dak has enough to take this team to the SB.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Prescott definitely isn't Aikman, Montana or Brady, but I don't think he is a "scrub" either and that's the part you and I disagree on. He's a guy you win with (he has a career winning record now despite playing for a horrendous HC and staff)

In an ideal world they wouldn't be talking about getting a contract that re-sets the market, but the NFL isnt an ideal world. QB's re-set the market every year and many sign deals that are nowhere near what their real status is around how good they are at their position. Whatever deal he signs now will surely be lapped in 6 months to a year, and the cycle will continue from there.

I'm calling Dak a scrub because I think he's a fraud. If he didn't want franchise money, I may be softer in my approach and would hope we'd try to upgrade the QB position while Dak keeps us entertained with little hope of the SB.

Should be lapped twice within the next year by Mahomes and Watson. Then shortly after that Lamar is going to re-set the market again. Then within the next 2 years Buffalo is likely going to make Josh Allen the highest paid QB in the league. By that point Dak’s contract won’t look so bad.

What other teams do with their QB's shouldn't factor in the discussion with Dak for various reasons. You pay Dak franhcise money if he's your franchise and then you can compare top dollar salaries. The Jones boys, for all their limitations, know what they have in Prescott. They see it, I see it, but some of the fans can't see it. You're the last holdouts but that'll change, sooner or later.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

This is the equivalent of comparing Jason Garrett to Jimmy Johnson in terms of wins or winning percentage. Hey...whcih coaches had the most wins in the last 5 years? BB and Garrett!!! Therefore, BB is equal to Garrett....

Reaction score

That stat is largely based on his supporting cast and 7 games played against the worst teams in the NFL (games we embarrassingly only went 6-1 in)

No one in their right mind would take Dak over Russell Wilson except the totally stupid people who take that stat at face value.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Stats man, stats!

c881aeafd6c65c5cd74fdfb0c918a87b.jpg

For comparisons sake The QB god of all time had a career passer rating of 97.1!

Take that Tom Brady!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I forgot to mention who the QB god of all time was

Mr 97.1 himself!

46640bdcaaa96e686542a9838e775cc6.jpg

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The Cowboys have had one of the best OL's for several years by any measurable metric.

"any measurable metric" that's funny

you mean the same OL that couldn't get the RB you consider best in the NFL 50y in our last playoff game?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
"any measurable metric" that's funny

you mean the same OL that couldn't get the RB you consider best in the NFL 50y in our last playoff game?

Any measureable metric meaning you can find OL stats that measure the effectiveness of an OL. I'm not even going to pull stats that are readily available to anyone except some message board dipshit who is just lazy and ill informed. And I won't pull any OL stats or rankings because no matter what I post, you'll just say something stupid like you did in this post.

Have fun convincing yourself that this OL is not one of the best in the NFL and go troll someone else.

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Because the salary they would have to pay for franchising him twice will be much more than what they will have to pay him this season. So I do not see them franchising him again. I also do not think the Jones would want to go through all this again next season. I could see them drafting a QB with a premium pick (1 thru 3) and keeping Dalton around for a couple years.

i'd be surprised if they don't sign this off season, they (Dak and the Boys) need known quantities

w/o spending or trading a #1 the odds of getting better QB in the draft are very low.
but I'm always down to draft a good QB on the board, if one falls to you - draft them in whatever round
just make sure they have the character to live in a glass house - this is Dallas

IMO, Dak like most NFL QBs is as good as his stats
his stats tell a story, in an increasingly big play O, he's a good play action deep QB

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
try the game tape, you'd learn more, but if you insist check the last 4 years of rushing TDs

Try watching the game instead. You may learn something. The closer this team gets to the goal line, the more teams stack the line to defend against Elliott. The primary strategy of most every team we play is to stop Elliott and for Dak to beat you. Coaches have said it and players have said it. And you can see it during the game as teams consistently crowd the box.

In any event, congratulations. It's been universally accepted that the Cowboys have had one of the best OL in the NFL for several years running. You're the only dolt that questions the quality of their OL that has been the strength of this team.

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The closer this team gets to the goal line, the more teams stack the line to defend against Elliott. The primary strategy of most every team we play is to stop Elliott and for Dak to beat you. Coaches have said it and players have said it.

most say a lot of things over and over because they can't think for themselves

reality is this OL hasn't controlled a game since 2016
prior to that they did a good job of crippling Romo (ask his rich back surgeon)
they are good but rarely the difference, and oddly coached
the highest paid unit in the game is one deep and subject to springing leaks

when's the last time this OL embarrassed a top rushing defense?

And you can see it during the game as teams consistently crowd the box.

most teams stack the line all over the field vs the Boys … it's stupid
and why Dak had 16 TDs / 0 INTs in the ed zone last year and led the NFL in 40y pass plays and had over 8 YPA

so much for the voices in your head or the wisdom of the mob

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
most teams stack the line all over the field vs the Boys … it's stupid
Clearly it's not, as teams know we're stupid enough to just run in the A-gap anyway vs. 8 and 9-man boxes. We did it over and over and over last season. Again, "it's the coaching, stupid" is what most knowledgable fans have figured out. Opponents wouldn't be loading the box if they thought we were bright enough to do something about it. Now? Maybe we are.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
prior to that they did a good job of crippling Romo
He bulged and herniated that disk playing golf, as I recall. Then concealed that fact until after his big contract signing. Jerruh and company in such a hurry to get him inked they didn't do their due diligence and get a physical on him before signing.

But, your overall point about our OL is valid. Four first round draft picks and still can't fucking mash people and can't pass block. Gotta think that's the coaching and philosophy too. Remember the "Great Wall" o-line we had in the 90s? ZERO first-round picks. Zero. And mashed people and pancake-blocked people in the passing game, all the time.

We don't have the best o-line in football. We have the most overrated o-line in football.

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We don't have the best o-line in football. We have the most overrated o-line in football.

let's see what happens, we my have the youngsters to fix this OL quick

my concern ain't the O, it's the FO,

think about Mark Colombo, in his first full season as OLC he turns Collins into a consistent force, cut sacks more than in half, keeps up run production, Zeke's rushing TDs jump from 6 in 2018 to 11 in 2019 ... and Mark gets fired

JJ land is a strange place

Top Bottom