Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And who is Liz Loza?
Liz Loza is an actress, known for The Bold and the Beautiful (1987), Your Dungeon, My Dragon (2011) and Robot Chicken (2005). She has been married to Joel Begleiter since June 20, 2009.

A REAL sports insider there! LOL

EDIT to add - apparently she is also some kind of fantasy sports guru for Yahoo sports?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
if it's true, 35 million is what it is I guess and then we're not married to him long term.
Curious though who caved? I thought Dallas wanted a 5 or 6 year deal. Riverboat Gambler Dax wins the hand, even though he folded? Makes Jerruh look like the scroatless wonder he really is.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Curious though who caved? I thought Dallas wanted a 5 or 6 year deal. Riverboat Gambler Dax wins the hand, even though he folded? Makes Jerruh look like the scroatless wonder he really is.

Jerry needs to keep the circus going. If Jerry the GM didn't think Dak was the guy, then I wish he'd start the long process to find him. If he really thinks Dak's the one, then pay him.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

not true, he never caved to Dak. But Dax ripped him a new one

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Curious though who caved? .

I always find the "someone caved" argument pretty humorous.

They're negotiating. There's give and take to both sides. In the grand scheme of things if all they are arguing about is 4yrs or 5 yrs then ultimately if the Cowboys let him have the 4yr deal to make sure he gets in on time and get this thing behind them, then that really isnt "caving". "Caving" would be if they wanted him to sign for 7 or 8 yrs and he got 3 or 4, or the Cowboys wanted him to take 34 mils and they ended up giving him 40+ just because that's what Dak's people asked for.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I always find the "someone caved" argument pretty humorous.

They're negotiating. There's give and take to both sides.
Hey, no shit brother! But it looks a bit one-sided to me. You said yourself Dak is listening to bad advice.

They made him a quite generous offer before last season. He decided to take a gamble for a better deal based on gone go out dea and win a soup bow. He lost that gamble. But we upped the offer anyway, stupidly. And he turned that down too forcing us to tag him.

His side isn't giving or taking, that I can see. Only our idiot FO is giving. Caving.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hey, no shit brother! But it looks a bit one-sided to me. You said yourself Dak is listening to bad advice.

They made him a quite generous offer before last season. He decided to take a gamble for a better deal based on gone go out dea and win a soup bow. He lost that gamble. But we upped the offer anyway, stupidly. And he turned that down too forcing us to tag him.

His side isn't giving or taking, that I can see. Only our idiot FO is giving. Caving.

You dont know that, you are drawing conclusions based on what you perceive, not actual facts.

Unless you've been in the rooms helping them hammer the thing out all along.

And yes, I do think he's gotten bad advice from his team of advisers. It was pretty foolish IMO to have a guy drafted at the end of the 4th rd that while successful, does have limitations. he is not Troy Aikman or John Elway and never will be. Dude may have sacrificed 30-50 million over waiting an extra year or so, and that is money is not going to recover.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

If the rumors are true though that he wanted $40M a year on a 4 year deal are true then it seems they bother “caved”. It seems to me that they negotiated a deal where they both have a little. Dak gets his 4 year deal (instead of 7) and the Jones’ get the deal done for under $40M a season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If the rumors are true though that he wanted $40M a year
That rumor was later debunked though. The holdup hasn't been the money nearly as much as it's been length of contract.

Because Dak get moar money on yet another new deal in a couple of years.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
That rumor was later debunked though. The holdup hasn't been the money nearly as much as it's been length of contract.

Because Dak get moar money on yet another new deal in a couple of years.

Has it been debunked though? I know there was a report that he wasn’t asking for $40M but did that come from Dak’s camp? Did they put out anything office saying they were not asking for $40M?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Has it been debunked though? I know there was a report that he wasn’t asking for $40M but did that come from Dak’s camp? Did they put out anything office saying they were not asking for $40M?

Multiple people debunked it, he never asked for 40 million and even if he did, he knew he wasn't going to get that.

When you are negotiating deals you normally ask for more, knowing the other side will want to push for something less. I do it everyday with my underwriters.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You dont know that, you are drawing conclusions based on what you perceive, not actual facts.
Conclusion based on widely reported facts, the fact he turned down the first offer it's fair to deduce he did it as a "gone win soup bow then get bigger deal" gamble.

Then failing that, the fact he then turned down a better offer as we stupidly upped the ante. To the point that the deadline forced us into tagging.

I don't see mere perception anywhere in that. It's quite clear we have a scroatless wonder of a FO.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
2a9caebbc6f82d3b5eb29512469a235b.jpg

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Werder's somewhat reliable. I can't fucking imagine Dak being the league's highest paid player, even only on the temporary basis it will be. Our FO is just a bunch of cowardly pussies. I would own the Dallas Cowboys in one night if I could get that dumbfuck Jerry at a poker table.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Capture+_2020-03-26-15-42-49.png

All these guys have skins on the fucking wall. All have won conference championship games. 4 of them have SB rings. Our guy ain't done shit. So much for the NFL being a "meritocracy."

Larryhorn120174

Spectator
Reaction score
Can Dak get a new deal done. I believe he can if the terms are right for both sides. That means the guaranteed money at signing is what is holding things up.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Multiple people debunked it, he never asked for 40 million and even if he did, he knew he wasn't going to get that.

When you are negotiating deals you normally ask for more, knowing the other side will want to push for something less. I do it everyday with my underwriters.

That’s why I thought he had asked for $40M. Aim high but knowing that number is coming down. Either way, $35M per for 4 years is a lot but also about fair for the current market. I actually prefer the 4 year deal too. If he’s not elite over these next 4 years then you can move on. They must be grooming a guy over the next couple of years.

Top Bottom