daboyz

👀
Reaction score
Merry Christmas to you and yours as well. No, Dak is not alone. I think Mahomes being on your lists reinforces my earlier point that his HC wants him to be aggressive. I use to call Dak a dink and dunk QB (Dink and Dak) and that's what he reverts to because he can't read a D and he doesn't trust his arm.

It's year 7 and the NFC is WIDE open. There are no true franchise QB's left and if we don't get to the SB this year, we never will with Dak under center.
Thank you dear. Great post. Agree 110%. Just remember, Kellen Moore has been exposed last season & many fans continue giving him a free pass. He has a really talented young club & if he fails again with his play calling, the Cowboys will never make it to the next level/round.
Let's not get carried away here
Lol. You're still my #1. This is a nice site. No control freak mods. Can't believe there's only two Cowboys forums. The Zone & Universe.

Last edited:

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
Thank you dear. Great post. Agree 110%. Just remember, Kellen Moore has been exposed last season & many fans continue giving him a free pass. He has a really talented young club & if he fails again with his play calling, the Cowboys will never make it to the next level/round.

Lol. You're still my #1. This is a nice site. No control freak mods. Can't believe there's only two Cowboys forums. The Zone & Universe.
I was a mod at the Dallas Cowboys forum before Jerry shut it down. Then everyone jumped ship to the Cowboys Zone. They should have jumped ship here. 😊

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was a mod at the Dallas Cowboys forum before Jerry shut it down. Then everyone jumped ship to the Cowboys Zone. They should have jumped ship here. 😊

How did I miss your background? I lurk over at CZ but not nearly as much as I used to. Then again, there's been quite a few name changes over there that I forget who's who.

That place has evolved into something it never was and it's the ultimate safe space for trolls. There used to be some decent dialogue and debates but it just devolved into labels, name calling and just low quality and overly moderated trash.

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
How did I miss your background? I lurk over at CZ but not nearly as much as I used to. Then again, there's been quite a few name changes over there that I forget who's who.

That place has evolved into something it never was and it's the ultimate safe space for trolls. There used to be some decent dialogue and debates but it just devolved into labels, name calling and just low quality and overly moderated trash.
You're last paragraph nailed it Dodger. Back to topic, wonder which Dallas team will show up today in Jacksonville? I'm going to say the one that played the Colts. What's your input?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You're last paragraph nailed it Dodger. Back to topic, wonder which Dallas team will show up today in Jacksonville? I'm going to say the one that played the Colts. What's your input?

I think it will be close and Jax will run and throw short all game. To me, the game always comes down to the QB and Lawrence played real well last week. But I still think we're a better team and I think we win.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was a huge Lawrence fan when he was coming out of college but I haven't seen that translate into the pro-game. I remember when I saw him last year the first thing that I thought of was he didn't have the arm strength that I thought he had. I don't think he has the arm talent to be an upper tier QB but he's accurate on short and medium range throws.

When I said it comes down to the QB's, Lawrence is going to have to carry Jax to win and I'm not sure he can if the D comes to play.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I was a huge Lawrence fan when he was coming out of college but I haven't seen that translate into the pro-game. I remember when I saw him last year the first thing that I thought of was he didn't have the arm strength that I thought he had. I don't think he has the arm talent to be an upper tier QB but he's accurate on short and medium range throws.

When I said it comes down to the QB's, Lawrence is going to have to carry Jax to win and I'm not sure he can if the D comes to play.
Lawrence has been pretty strong last 5 games. 10 tds, 0 picks, 70+% comp %, 4 of 5 games had a QB rating of at least 106.1. Two games of 3 tds and 0 picks.

He's red hot.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lawrence has been pretty strong last 5 games. 10 tds, 0 picks, 70+% comp %, 4 of 5 games had a QB rating of at least 106.1. Two games of 3 tds and 0 picks.

He's red hot.

Arm talent. You either have it or you don’t. The kind of arm talent that threatens a D consistently. I just don’t see it.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dak has now thrown 11 INT in the 9 games he has played this season. That is a career high. There are still 4 games left to play (if we make the playoffs)

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dak is ranked 16th in total QBR. Some of the notable QB's ahead of him? Mariota, Fields, Daniel Jones, Brissett, Gino Smith, Goff, Carr and others.

The one thing we heard over and over again when Rush was QB is how well we played complimentary football. It just seemed like a different team. And it is. We can get an incredible game from Dak like the Minny game and then he just stinks it up and can't play with any consistency in key situations. When your D gives you the ball back with 1:30 or so left in regulation, that's a game you should normally win. When you're ahead 17 points in the second half, that's a game you should normally win.

Do I think Cooper is a better QB? No way. While I was watching the game I kept thinking how Lawrence was a lot like Dak, but more accurate and smarter. But still not a top 10 QB (yet) that can carry his team and he was the #1 overall pick. The D had multiple turnovers and gave Dak and the O the ball, especially at the end of regulation. And we still lose. He's just consistently inconsistent and can't carry this team through the playoffs.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
3c185695ff7a7aec5a3d762fdd5c9de2.jpg

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dak has now thrown 11 INT in the 9 games he has played this season. That is a career high. There are still 4 games left to play (if we make the playoffs)
Its not just the ones he had, its the countless others he threw right to the defense that they dropped. I'm sure that happens to other QB's too, just not sure its with the same frequency.

He just has not read defenses as well this year as in the past.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dak is ranked 16th in total QBR. Some of the notable QB's ahead of him? Mariota, Fields, Daniel Jones, Brissett, Gino Smith, Goff, Carr and others.

The one thing we heard over and over again when Rush was QB is how well we played complimentary football. It just seemed like a different team. And it is. We can get an incredible game from Dak like the Minny game and then he just stinks it up and can't play with any consistency in key situations. When your D gives you the ball back with 1:30 or so left in regulation, that's a game you should normally win. When you're ahead 17 points in the second half, that's a game you should normally win.

Do I think Cooper is a better QB? No way. While I was watching the game I kept thinking how Lawrence was a lot like Dak, but more accurate and smarter. But still not a top 10 QB (yet) that can carry his team and he was the #1 overall pick. The D had multiple turnovers and gave Dak and the O the ball, especially at the end of regulation. And we still lose. He's just consistently inconsistent and can't carry this team through the playoffs.
I'm with you except for the part where you seem to lay more blame for yesterday's loss on Prescott than other much more deserving areas.

A defense that gives up 34 ptd and 500+ yards to a 5-8 football team is solely to blame for losing a game where your own offense scores 34 pts. Our guys had a 17 pt lead in the end half. They suck Dodger and have sucked since the Vikings game. The only thing that saved them vs NYG, Colts and Houston was the other team's slew of injuries or out and out lack of talent. Trevor Lawrence is eons better than any of the 3 QB's we faced the last 3 games and made our defense look silly, as did their run game.

They won't win another game this year.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm with you except for the part where you seem to lay more blame for yesterday's loss on Prescott than other much more deserving areas.

A defense that gives up 34 ptd and 500+ yards to a 5-8 football team is solely to blame for losing a game where your own offense scores 34 pts. Our guys had a 17 pt lead in the end half. They suck Dodger and have sucked since the Vikings game. The only thing that saved them vs NYG, Colts and Houston was the other team's slew of injuries or out and out lack of talent. Trevor Lawrence is eons better than any of the 3 QB's we faced the last 3 games and made our defense look silly, as did their run game.

They won't win another game this year.

The O has to keep the ball when the D makes a stop or gets a turnover. We had 3 fucking first downs yesterday until the end of the 3rd Q with multiple possessions. Complementary football. Once Jax has to pass it plays into our weakness on D.

And I'm not saying the D played great. They didn't. But relying on the D to win these games is a fools errand. It means you don't have a true franchise QB that can carry the team.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The O has to keep the ball when the D makes a stop or gets a turnover. We had 3 fucking first downs yesterday until the end of the 3rd Q with multiple possessions. Complementary football. Once Jax has to pass it plays into our weakness on D.

And I'm not saying the D played great. They didn't. But relying on the D to win these games is a fools errand. It means you don't have a true franchise QB that can carry the team.
I'm sorry Amigo we don't agree.

Belichick always says "do your job" and the defense clearly didn't. Just like against the Packers for the most part the 3 games since Minnesota.

The defense has gone from being one of the better ones in the league to arguably the worst. Some of the plays and TD's Jacksonville had yesterday were the easiest I have ever seen. It was like watching a video game with indefensible sucker plays work over and over and over.

And when the defense blew it and yielded the lead late in the game, the offense responded by scoring another TD on a long TD to retake the lead. They did their job. 34 pts is 34 pts. The defense can't give up 500+ yds and 34 pts in games, it was the shittiest defensive game since that clod Nolan was DC.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The defense has gone from being one of the better ones in the league to arguably the worst
It was never one of the better ones. It was gadgetry which the league has now solved. Which I warned y'all about in the off-season. I told you guys the league would solve the equation of our gadget guy and our gadget defense.

Top Bottom