dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It was never one of the better ones. It was gadgetry which the league has now solved. Which I warned y'all about in the off-season. I told you guys the league would solve the equation of our gadget guy and our gadget defense.
Could be.

Although it wasn't like our pass rush the first half of the season was because of some overly exotic/creative blitz schemes. We were getting there pretty consistently with 4 guys.

Now they don't even sniff the QB.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Could be.

Although it wasn't like our pass rush the first half of the season was because of some overly exotic/creative blitz schemes. We were getting there pretty consistently with 4 guys.

Now they don't even sniff the QB.
Getting there by moving the gadget around and confusing blockers and schemes. That's been decoded.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I did the math. It's 47 points and counting.
How many tds and fgs?

The mark of a great defense is one that holds even when it's put into bad positions. Even if turnovers happen on our side of the field, a great defense more often than not holds opposing teams to FG's.

Seems ours folds like a cheap tent everytime.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
How many tds and fgs?

The mark of a great defense is one that holds even when it's put into bad positions. Even if turnovers happen on our side of the field, a great defense more often than not holds opposing teams to FG's.

Seems ours folds like a cheap tent everytime.
FGs: 4
TDs: 5

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
How many punts or turnovers afterward? Any?

I guess there was the one vs Houston with the GL stand (turnover on downs) so that was a win.

5 tds seems pretty fucking awful.
Keeping in mind that every team for the last 30 years except ours for the last ten, has a set of plays they run only in case of gained turnover. MUST score off turnovers.

When we get a turnover it's just same ole same ole. We don't have the urgency to punish. We don't have killer instinct. We don't take advantage of the free extra possession.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would like to know how many points opposing teams have scored right after a Dak INT. It seems like .. a lot.

And how many times we score TD's off of a TO. It seems like.....too few.

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
Like the song goes, "Stand by Your Man". And I will continue on doing so. Great game Dak. What a Christmas gift! 🎅

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
I still feel like we're winning by trick plays. I doubt that kind of offense will go anywhere in the playoffs.
Dak is lucky/unlucky, but Dak is not Top Tier in my book.
When I used to watch Aikman and Staubach, I never remember thinking before a play... "Please don't F up..."

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
When the Cowboys lose — no matter how Prescott plays, really — the next week is spent complaining he's not good enough. Dallas is 60-35 in his starts. People still wonder if he can win.

[Watch Thursday Night Football on Prime Video: Sign The Titans would kill for a quarterback like Prescott. Everyone in Dallas just seems to like complaining about the one they have.

Dak Prescott is having a good season​

It's not like this is unique to Prescott. Tony Romo lived this life already.

No matter how many great games Romo played, it was all forgotten whenever the Cowboys lost. Dallas could put up 48 points with Romo throwing for more than 500 yards, but they'd lose 51-48 and Romo's lone mistake would be the focus, not a defense that gave up 51 points.
me thinks ye have Stockholm syndrome 👊🏼😜
I do. From you! 🤣

Top Bottom